Willis to Rangers???????? (rumor) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Willis to Rangers???????? (rumor)

Perfect23 said:
I dont even know why George Steinbrenner keeps buying expensive players for the yankees thats not even the team he wanted to buy at first he origiannallywanted to buy the Indians bet alot of u just learned something new.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

So because he grew up in Cleveland and was an Indians fan he shouldn't try to win with the Yanks cause he owns them?? :confused: :confused:

MikeO said:
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

So because he grew up in Cleveland and was an Indians fan he shouldn't try to win with the Yanks cause he owns them?? :confused: :confused:

What I am saying is since he finnaly has money he should buy the indians now and stop paying for the Chokees.

unluckyluciano said:
Florida marlins are a funny team they get criticized for selling off their good players but yet they have one 2 world series and immediately after sold off their entire team haha.

6 years is immediatly? :sidelol:

Perfect23 said:
What I am saying is since he finnaly has money he should buy the indians now and stop paying for the Chokees.

Yeah, leave the richest market in all of sports to go to Cleveland :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Not to mention he is old, ill, and isn't even running the Yankees anymore. He is just a figurehead at this point and makes no decisions at all.

MikeO said:

Now, Joe Girardi is the manager, after the second post-championship houseclearing since 1997.

Following the World Series victory team owner Wayne Huizenga claimed massive financial losses which would later prove to be mostly false as he reported team and stadium earnings separately. He dismantled the team by trading off most of the club's most talented players. Among them, Moises Alou was traded to the Houston Astros, Bobby Bonilla was traded to the Los Angeles Dodgers, Kevin Brown was traded to the San Diego Padres and Gary Sheffield was traded to the Dodgers as well (for Mike Piazza, who was immediately traded again, this time to the New York Mets). Fans were outraged by this "fire sale," some comparing it to Huizenga's Blockbuster Video selling used tapes at bargain rates. Some disgruntled fans came up with the slogan, "Wait 'til last year!" Marlins home attendance plummeted.

Where are you getting six years? :lol:

If the Marlins trade him then seriously MLB must look into getting that team away from that owner. This is turning into a Monteral Expos situation.

It's not fair to the fans down there at this point. Granted the fans are the #1 reason why the Marlins are the way they are, but come on. The owner isn't helping any.

If he is traded. MLB needs to take over this team. Get them OUT of Florida and into a market that will support them, and get them an owner who actually cares. Much like what they did with the Washington Nationals. It's turning into a joke if Willis is traded.

unluckyluciano said:
The yankess the reason we need a salary cap in baseball.........God bless em. Florida marlins are a funny team they get criticized for selling off their good players but yet they have one 2 world series and immediately after sold off their entire team haha.

No, not at all. The Yankees aren't the big bad "evil empire" that other teams like to call them. The Yankees have an owner that puts the money that he makes back into the team, instead of in his pocket. Yes the Yankees play in the biggest market in all of baseball and generate more revenue than every other team, but you can't honestly tell me that teams like the Orioles, Mets (before Minaya), Red Sox, and all of the other big market teams can't afford to be competitive. I could understand that arguement when the Expos were drawing 2000 people per game but not from the Red Sox, not from the Mariners, not from the Astros. If those teams are poorly run (some of them have fairly new stadiums) that isn't the Yankees fault.

If you want to look at why salaries are so out of control, look at the players association and "super agents" like Scott Boras who price their clients right out of places like Kansas City, Oakland, and Florida. Beane (the Oakland GM) knows he might not be able to sign Zito when the season is over so he is exploring trade options, and the teams looking to aquire Zito know that they have no chance of signing him until free agency begins because Boras is his agent. Boras is known for exagerating his clients suitors and abilities for top dollar contracts. He is the "star" of the winter meetings because he is such a liar and he has become a laughingstock.

Just my opinion bro. :wink:

unluckyluciano said:
Now, Joe Girardi is the manager, after the second post-championship houseclearing since 1997.

Following the World Series victory team owner Wayne Huizenga claimed massive financial losses which would later prove to be mostly false as he reported team and stadium earnings separately. He dismantled the team by trading off most of the club's most talented players. Among them, Moises Alou was traded to the Houston Astros, Bobby Bonilla was traded to the Los Angeles Dodgers, Kevin Brown was traded to the San Diego Padres and Gary Sheffield was traded to the Dodgers as well (for Mike Piazza, who was immediately traded again, this time to the New York Mets). Fans were outraged by this "fire sale," some comparing it to Huizenga's Blockbuster Video selling used tapes at bargain rates. Some disgruntled fans came up with the slogan, "Wait 'til last year!" Marlins home attendance plummeted.

Where are you getting six years? :lol:

They win the WS in 1997, got rid of everyone, then won again in 2003. A six year time span!

You said IMMEDIATLY,, I wouldn't call 6 years IMMEDIATLY!

MikeO said:
They win the WS in 1997, got rid of everyone, then won again in 2003. A six year time span!

You said IMMEDIATLY,, I wouldn't call 6 years IMMEDIATLY!

I mean immediatley they sell off their team ,which is why I posted they got rid of their team. I dont understand what you were referring to.

like2god said:
No, not at all. The Yankees aren't the big bad "evil empire" that other teams like to call them. The Yankees have an owner that puts the money that he makes back into the team, instead of in his pocket. Yes the Yankees play in the biggest market in all of baseball and generate more revenue than every other team, but you can't honestly tell me that teams like the Orioles, Mets (before Minaya), Red Sox, and all of the other big market teams can't afford to be competitive. I could understand that arguement when the Expos were drawing 2000 people per game but not from the Red Sox, not from the Mariners, not from the Astros. If those teams are poorly run (some of them have fairly new stadiums) that isn't the Yankees fault.

If you want to look at why salaries are so out of control, look at the players association and "super agents" like Scott Boras who price their clients right out of places like Kansas City, Oakland, and Florida. Beane (the Oakland GM) knows he might not be able to sign Zito when the season is over so he is exploring trade options, and the teams looking to aquire Zito know that they have no chance of signing him until free agency begins because Boras is his agent. Boras is known for exagerating his clients suitors and abilities for top dollar contracts. He is the "star" of the winter meetings because he is such a liar and he has become a laughingstock.

I agree, I just like to hate on the yankees as much as possible . :lol: You get no argument from me if the owner decides to spend his money on a team then kudos to him. I do however think the farm system should become a bigger part of baseball.

MikeO said:

The Marlins had a fire sale after the 1st WS win and again after the second. I don't think he was refering to the Willis rumors.

like2god said:

Your right, something else to remember.....

BOTTOM LINE..........when the Yanks have a $200 mill payroll, and don't win a World Series, you WON"T GET A SALARY CAP!!!!!! They are proving you can't buy a championship! A salary cap wouldn't hurt them obviously since they aren't winning every year without one! :shakeno:

IF you want a Salary Cap, root for the Yanks to win like 5 or 6 world series in a row, then you will see the other teams ban together to stop the lunacy. When the Yanks spend money and DON'T win the World Series..............YOU WON"T EVER GET A CAP!! Especially with revenue sharing which means they Yanks just spent $200 mill, didn't win, now must pay big money to other owners. Why would any other owner want that to end????? Seriously people get your heads out of the sand and live in reality!

unluckyluciano said:
I do however think the farm system should become a bigger part of baseball.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

unluckyluciano said:
I agree, I just like to hate on the yankees as much as possible .:lol:
:tantrum: :fire: :tantrum:

:wink:

You get no argument from me if the owner decides to spend his money on a team then kudos to him. I do however think the farm system should become a bigger part of baseball.

That is another misconception about the Yankees. They have alot of their own players (Jeter, Posada, Williams, Cano, Rivera, Wang, Cabrera). Yes they do seem to pick up a big ticket free agent every year, but again if they can....more power to them.

Back
Top Bottom