Willis to Rangers???????? (rumor) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Willis to Rangers???????? (rumor)

like2god said:
I think the reason farm systems seem to be thinning out is because teams are rushing their players to the majors too fast and alot of teams (Yankees) trade away all of their good prospects for established players.

Exactly my point they dont rely on their in house talent anymore or developing talen then when there is an injury they are forced to trade.

unluckyluciano said:
Why I said I wish the farm system would become a bigger part of baseball, i.e. teams rely more heavily on their AAA, AA , A teams for talent.

So you want to get rid of free agency and trades??? :sidelol: :sidelol: Good luck with that one!

Wouldnt suprise me, there have been Willis trade rumors since the season started.

MikeO said:
So you want to get rid of free agency and trades??? :sidelol: :sidelol: Good luck with that one!

Never said that or implied that where u read that or how you interpreted that is beyond me.

unluckyluciano said:
Why I said I wish the farm system would become a bigger part of baseball, i.e. teams rely more heavily on their AAA, AA , A teams for talent.

I understand your point, teams should build from within instead of through free agency, and your right. But alot of teams view their prospects as tradebait instead of players of the future.

like2god said:
I understand your point, teams should build from within instead of through free agency, and your right. But alot of teams view their prospects as tradebait instead of players of the future.

Right, but I like to see the little guy come up and be a hero then the same superstar established superstar. JMO. :wink:

MikeO said:

I don't think he wants to get rid of them, I think he means that teams shouldn't rely solely on outside players when a roster spot opens up or if there is an injury. Nothing wrong with that, that is what Brian Cashman has been wanting to do for a while now.

unluckyluciano said:
Right, but I like to see the little guy come up and be a hero then the same superstar established superstar. JMO. :wink:

Did you go to the Sal Grovanilie school of communication???:confused:

Bottom line is, franchises can run their farm systems anyway they see fit and not everyone will do it the same way. There is more than one way to be succesful.

unluckyluciano said:

I do too, but alot of teams are too impatient to wait for those kids to mature and are in a win now mindset.

MikeO said:

Bottom line is, franchises can run their farm systems anyway they see fit and not everyone will do it the same way. There is more than one way to be succesful.

Never said they shouldnt run it the way see fit , I said I think the farm systems should be a bigger part of the baseball teams, because I like to see the little guy come up in the game, not just the same recylced players going from team to team. I dont know how you are drawing these conclusions or where, but maybe if you slowed down and read the comments instead of just typing it would make a lot more sense and would end this "argument"

MikeO said:

Bro, settle down. Typos happen to everybody. :wink:

like2god said:
I do too, but alot of teams are too impatient to wait for those kids to mature and are in a win now mindset.

It's not about being impatient. A team like Detroit who has SUCKED for over a decade has a chance to WIN NOW. So, screw the farm system, they need to make a trade to help them win NOW!

Teams like the Red Sox, Mets, LAA, Yanks.........they have an endless suply of money and WINNING NOW is always the mindset which it should be. Why should they wait around for kids when they are almost always in a position to WIN NOW!

MikeO said:
It's not about being impatient. A team like Detroit who has SUCKED for over a decade has a chance to WIN NOW. So, screw the farm system, they need to make a trade to help them win NOW!

Teams like the Red Sox, Mets, LAA, Yanks.........they have an endless suply of money and WINNING NOW is always the mindset which it should be. Why should they wait around for kids when they are almost always in a position to WIN NOW!

You just proved my point. If the Tigers want to win now and not wait for the youngsters, then that is a "win now" mindset. Meaning they are too impatient to wait for the kids to develop into superstars.

MikeO said:

Exactly.. If you have any chance to win the World Series that year, you make the trades that can help your team NOW.. It's all about winning at the MLB level, you don't get any handouts for having a great farmsystem..

like2god said:
You just proved my point. If the Tigers want to win now and not wait for the youngsters, then that is a "win now" mindset. Meaning they are too impatient to wait for the kids to develop into superstars.

NO! That isn't being impatient, its being SMART!

What, Detroit is supposed to stand pat now while everyone around you is making moves. Then you don't win now, and you hope these kids pay off for you down the road??? That's idiotic on all levels.

Impatient is if you suck and you make rash moves to try and get good overnight. If your good now and trade away players to win now that is smart. BIG BIG BIG DIFFERENCE

Back
Top Bottom