Willis to Rangers???????? (rumor) | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Willis to Rangers???????? (rumor)

MikeO said:
So if the Mets trade away a young kid for Zito this weekend. Then the Mets go on to win the World Series on the back of a staff of Pedro, Zito, and Glavine.

The Mets were impatient and stupid and made a trade you wouldn't have made??? :confused: :confused:

You would rather have NOT traded for Zito, lost the world series (if even got there) and waited for the young kid to devolpe??????

That trade makes sense. But in your scenario you have the ability to look at it and know they would win. When a team makes a trade, they don't know if they will win it all, so it is a gamble on their part.

dob72 said:
i like how this thread has turned into yankees fans trying to convince everyone that there not ruining baseball lmao
Reread my earlier post :shakeno:
No, not at all. The Yankees aren't the big bad "evil empire" that other teams like to call them. The Yankees have an owner that puts the money that he makes back into the team, instead of in his pocket. Yes the Yankees play in the biggest market in all of baseball and generate more revenue than every other team, but you can't honestly tell me that teams like the Orioles, Mets (before Minaya), Red Sox, and all of the other big market teams can't afford to be competitive. I could understand that arguement when the Expos were drawing 2000 people per game but not from the Red Sox, not from the Mariners, not from the Astros. If those teams are poorly run (some of them have fairly new stadiums) that isn't the Yankees fault.

If you want to look at why salaries are so out of control, look at the players association and "super agents" like Scott Boras who price their clients right out of places like Kansas City, Oakland, and Florida. Beane (the Oakland GM) knows he might not be able to sign Zito when the season is over so he is exploring trade options, and the teams looking to aquire Zito know that they have no chance of signing him until free agency begins because Boras is his agent. Boras is known for exagerating his clients suitors and abilities for top dollar contracts. He is the "star" of the winter meetings because he is such a liar and he has become a laughingstock.

like2god said:
That trade makes sense. But in your scenario you have the ability to look at it and know they would win. When a team makes a trade, they don't know if they will win it all, so it is a gamble on their part.

1994: Better trade away derek jeter so I can win now.....................pfft obviously the farm system works.

unluckyluciano said:
1994: Better trade away derek jeter so I can win now.....................pfft obviously the farm system works.

Perfect example.

Jeter is the heart and soul of the Yankees, if the Yanks traded him away to try and "win it all", where would they be today???

unluckyluciano said:

I have come to the conclusion that Mike and I have no clue how baseball works and that you know exactly what your talking about...

GreenMonster said:
I have come to the conclusion that Mike and I have no clue how baseball works and that you know exactly what your talking about...

I have come to the conclusion that if we dont agree with you guys you automatically dismiss us as ignorant to the game of baseball.

unluckyluciano said:
I have come to the conclusion that if we dont agree with you guys you automatically dismiss us as ignorant to the game of baseball.

No i am totally wrong now, once I saw the Jeter comment..

GreenMonster said:

No it's just a difference of opinion.

There is more than one way to run a baseball team.

1. The asinine way - Throwing big money at every free agent that is available and trading away all of the young kids for guys that are 30+ with monster contracts

2. The Crybaby way - Keep your payroll under 20 mil and have a trading deadline sale every year. Then cry about how you can't be competitive

3. The logical way - Build your team through the farm system and add a few complimentary pieces through FA and trades.

Again, just my opinion.

unluckyluciano said:
hmmmmmmmmmmm come on bro you jumped into the debate dont cop out on me now.

You guys have set me straight.. Trading prospects is dumb, the Angels have held onto all of there guys for years and just keep winning.. Imagine the lineup they will have in a year or two.. Wood, Aybar, Kendrick the list goes on.. They should trade some of their aging players for prospects and in 2 more years they will kill everyone..

GreenMonster said:
You guys have set me straight.. Trading prospects is dumb, the Angels have held onto all of there guys for years and just keep winning.. Imagine the lineup they will have in a year or two.. Wood, Aybar, Kendrick the list goes on.. They should trade some of their aging players for prospects and in 2 more years they will kill everyone..

:rolleyes2

GreenMonster said:

Oh you sarcasm is sharp and witty. :lol:

GreenMonster said:

I wish the Red Sox held on to their prospects, especially their pitchers. The rotation of Brian Rose, Carl Pavano, Tomo Ohka, Tony Armas, Jr., Casey Fossum and Paxton Crawford would be flat out nasty.

Back
Top Bottom