Willis to Rangers???????? (rumor) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Willis to Rangers???????? (rumor)

like2god said:
You just proved my point. If the Tigers want to win now and not wait for the youngsters, then that is a "win now" mindset. Meaning they are too impatient to wait for the kids to develop into superstars.

Yes they could wait from like 84' till now to wait for those kids to develop into superstars..

GreenMonster said:
Exactly.. If you have any chance to win the World Series that year, you make the trades that can help your team NOW.. It's all about winning at the MLB level, you don't get any handouts for having a great farmsystem..

Is that green monster as in Baston Red sox?

With a great farm system you can save money though instead of year in and out running around trying to trade for players.

unluckyluciano said:
With a great farm system you can save money though instead of year in and out running around trying to trade for players.

Big market teams dont' care about money.

Boston could have waited it out for "their farm system to come along" , or they could have in the last 10 years gone out and BOUGHT/TRADED FOR Manny, Ortiz, Schilling, Pedro, Beckett, Damon...etc and won themselves a world series and become a force year in and year out.

What was the smart move for them? Waiting for that farm system? Or opening the check book?

GreenMonster said:
Yes the Sox could be like the Marlins.. Teams like the RedSox and Yankees don't save money, we try to win..

I meant your name are you named after a green monster or the green monster as in the wall in fenway park.

unluckyluciano said:
Is that green monster as in Baston Red sox?

Yes the Sox could be like the Marlins.. Teams like the RedSox and Yankees don't save money, we try to win..

MikeO said:
NO! That isn't being impatient, its being SMART!

What, Detroit is supposed to stand pat now while everyone around you is making moves. Then you don't win now, and you hope these kids pay off for you down the road??? That's idiotic on all levels.

Impatient is if you suck and you make rash moves to try and get good overnight. If your good now and trade away players to win now that is smart. BIG BIG BIG DIFFERENCE

No, in my book that is just asinine. I consider moving the younger players for established veterans to be impatient. JMO

like2god said:
No, in my book that is just asinine. I consider moving the younger players for established veterans to be impatient. JMO

Thank god most GMs don't think like you. All I can say.

GreenMonster said:
Yes they could wait from like 84' till now to wait for those kids to develop into superstars..

Well if you can't develop players in your farm system you deserve to fail miserably. I was refering to teams that can develop young players but trade them away for established veterans as being impatient.

like2god said:
Well if you can't develop players in your farm system you deserve to fail miserably. I was refering to teams that can develop young players but trade them away for established veterans as being impatient.

So if the Mets trade away a young kid for Zito this weekend. Then the Mets go on to win the World Series on the back of a staff of Pedro, Zito, and Glavine.

The Mets were impatient and stupid and made a trade you wouldn't have made??? :confused: :confused:

You would rather have NOT traded for Zito, lost the world series (if even got there) and waited for the young kid to devolpe??????

MikeO said:
Thank god most GMs don't think like you. All I can say.

Bro, I am trying to have a polite conversation with you and you are making it extremely difficult.

For your information, I agree with Brian Cashmans way of thinking. He wanted to stop the madness that was Steinbrenner and the Tampa braintrust. He wants to try and hold on to players like Hughes, Cabrera and Cano instead of trading them away for a guy who is 30+ with a monster contract. If the deal makes them significantly better, I don't doubt that he pulls the trigger. But I don't think you will be seeing too many more knee jerk reactions like you did in the past.

i like how this thread has turned into yankees fans trying to convince everyone that there not ruining baseball lmao

MikeO said:
So if the Mets trade away a young kid for Zito this weekend. Then the Mets go on to win the World Series on the back of a staff of Pedro, Zito, and Glavine.

The Mets were impatient and stupid and made a trade you wouldn't have made??? :confused: :confused:

You would rather have NOT traded for Zito, lost the world series (if even got there) and waited for the young kid to devolpe??????

2001 - Yes Alex Escobar is gonna be a star and is untouchable..

2004 - Will anyone take Alex Escobar off our hands..

dob72 said:
i like how this thread has turned into yankees fans trying to convince everyone that there not ruining baseball lmao

It's actually Yankee and Red Sox fans side by side. And how are they ruining baseball?

Cause they spend money. LAA, Boston, Mets, Balt......a lot of teams spend money.

You can make a case that a team like the Marlins who just trade everyone who is any good away just to save a couple bucks are ruining baseball. That's more of a disgrace in my opinon

Back
Top Bottom