With the 11th pick, the Jaguars select....Dolphins need to shake things up. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the 11th pick, the Jaguars select....Dolphins need to shake things up.

The Ghost

Stamos
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I like our team, I really like the QB and Coach, I believe they can accomplish great things. I believe Ryan Tannehill will come back better than ever but acknowledge that because of his injury it's possible that doesn't happen. Either way we benefit greatly for being the team acquiring multiple premium draft picks to assist someone else to get their QB. Unlike Cleveland and Buffalo who have recently made they types of trades, we already have own franchise QB.

If your response is that Miami should be the team taking a QB at 11, this thread isn't for you.

The Jaguars have a great defense and as physically talented a RB as I've seen this millennium.

They will likely possess the 29th and 61st pick this year. Obviously you'd have to assume their 2019 pick, as an amateur handicapper I'll put their 2019 O/U for wins at 9.5, projecting they have the 21st pick.

Josh Allen is available at 11 and the Jags offer what......to make you say yes.

29th, 61st, 2019 1st and 3rd. This type of deal would likely require us sending back a 4th and 5th over the next two drafts.

In 2010 the Miami Dolphins had the 12th pick in the draft but decided to trade down with San Diego picking up San Diego's 28th pick and 40th pick (2nd round pick). We picked up Jared Odrick and Koa Misi with those two picks and in the process passed up on elite talent in Earl Thomas, Demaryius Thomas and Dez Bryant (for some). So you think it worked out so well you'd like to do it again?

Pass.

I think I'd rather just draft Allen at that pick... He has a high ceiling and is only 21 years old. I like Tannehill, but he still hasn't led this team completely to a playoff game, even though he probably would have twice by now had he been healthy. But he is also 30 years old, coming off a knee injury.

I'd rather have a nice insurance policy than another late pick and some other picks that may go to waste. Develop Allen and if he overtakes Tannehill, you have some pretty good trade ammunition with Tannehill. And if Tannehill stays the starter and does some good things, you could develop Allen behind him and have him ready to take over in a few years ala Aaron Rodgers or Garropolo.

In 2010 the Miami Dolphins had the 12th pick in the draft but decided to trade down with San Diego picking up San Diego's 28th pick and 40th pick (2nd round pick). We picked up Jared Odrick and Koa Misi with those two picks and in the process passed up on elite talent in Earl Thomas, Demaryius Thomas and Dez Bryant (for some). So you think it worked out so well you'd like to do it again?

Pass.

Uh Misi and Odrick led Miami to a dazzling 7-9 record.

I think I'd rather just draft Allen at that pick... He has a high ceiling and is only 21 years old. I like Tannehill, but he still hasn't led this team completely to a playoff game, even though he probably would have twice by now had he been healthy. But he is also 30 years old, coming off a knee injury.

I'd rather have a nice insurance policy than another late pick and some other picks that may go to waste. Develop Allen and if he overtakes Tannehill, you have some pretty good trade ammunition with Tannehill. And if Tannehill stays the starter and does some good things, you could develop Allen behind him and have him ready to take over in a few years ala Aaron Rodgers or Garropolo.
omg, you are going to be ridiculed

Pass.

Yes I'd like to do it again. 2010 has no bearing on what we should do today because the power of hindsight allowed you to pick the players you want 8 years after the fact.

If we had taken Jared Odrick and Rob Gronkowski with those two picks you'd be more in favor of making a trade now?

It's so easy to only remember the players you liked that panned out.

Earl Thomas is the ultimate example of revisionist history, every fan of every team claims their team should've drafted him in 2010.

omg, you are going to be ridiculed

I don't think Allen will be there at 11, but if he is I'd say it would need to be a huge consideration. I don't think I'd draft Mayfield at the same spot though...

Not a fan of Josh Allen. If Mayfield is there i might think about it

like the effort don't like the trade out return unless I got on the clock and all my top 10 grades were gone

I wouldn't trade out that far either way though...

I hope Mayfield goes to the Jets.

He's combination of two former Heisman Trophy winners, Manziel and Winston.

Teams do not draft QBs in the first round as an insurance policy. They draft them to start, soon. They do it when they have already made the decision to move to the next QB in the near future.

Aaron Rodgers was drafted at the end of Favre's 14th season. Garrapolo was drafted at the end of Brady's 14th season. Mahomes was drafted at the end of Smith's 11th season.

Sign me up for drafting the QB of the future in 7 or 8 years.

if josh allen gets to 11 you will have a much better offer waiting for you than that

Pass.

They could have also still traded down and drafted Rob Gronkowski & NaVorro Bowman. No one would be complaining about that right now. The trade is not the issue. It's the player selection, IMO.

We had #8 (actually 13) two years ago and got a so-called future HOF'er who is actually just an average player thus far. He has not lived up to #13 by any stretch.

What about 2013? we had the 3rd pick and ended up with Dion Jordan and we could have had Ziggy Ansah...or not traded and have DeAndre Hopkins and Kawaan Short right now.

Back
Top Bottom