With the 29th pick the Dolphins select… | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the 29th pick the Dolphins select…

Might be a tad early for him, but how about Jalen Tolbert? He has a little bit of that Cooper Kupp thing going for him, at 6-3 with good speed. I haven't seen him mocked first round, but early second. Would seem like a great wide receiver to pair with Waddle.

If Jameson Williams drops that far, Miami could get a top 10-15 talent at 29.

David Bell, Justin Ross and John Metchie strike me as second rounders. I like all of them.

This is contingent on the Dolphins getting two offensive lineman (upgrades) in free agency. If not, Miami may have to go OT at 29 and wide receiver at #50. I think Daniele Faalele could be there at 29. Can he play RT or does he have to move inside to guard? If he can play OT, Faalele could go 1st round.

A wildcard for me is Nakobe Dean. Miami just needs so much on offense.

So no credit for trading with the Steelers who missed the postseason and landed MIA the #18 pick and the Texans who landed the #3 pick?

The Niners came “within a whisker” of missing the postseason too. Too bad Raheem Morris employs prevent defense on 3rd and long far too much.

Seems awful disingenuous to laugh at Grier for how the Niners pick ended up all while not mentioning how the other draft pick trades worked out.
Grier bet on Miami. I have no problem with that. Dolphins went 9-8, San Francisco 10-7. The 49ers nearly missed the playoffs.

The Dolphins also have two #1 picks in 2023 thanks to that SF trade and are coming off a draft that netted the team Waddle, Phillips, Holland and Eichenberg. Grier's had his share of misses, but he's done some good things as well. I think 13 starters have been drafted over the last three years. Some of those won't be starters down the road, but overall the young talent on the team is pretty impressive.

Im still a little bit on the trade for Calvin Ridley bandwagon.

There is just alot that goes with it. If we will negotiate a heavily incentive laden contract extension then Im all for trading 29 for him. No way im trading 29 for him to be here for 1 year at 11 mil. That or i wouldnt mind us trading a 2023 conditional draft pick for him, based on playing time and if he is on the roster at the start of the 2023 new year.

Ultimately i want them to have all this in order before the draft and just tell Atlanta "we have you on speed dial in case noone drops we have targetted"

I really really dont want a raw with high ceiling OL at 29, i dont think we have that luxury if we want to see what we have in Tua. I do think if its McDaniel though we definately go offense with first pick

I think we either trade it for an established OL or go BPA. Saints are in cap hell. I'd see if Ramczyk is available.
Not a bad idea. Miami needs veterans on the line. I'd probably offer a 3rd, even though I know he's worth more than that.

At OT I'd think Faalele or Kinnard are likely to be there at 29. Any of the top RB's should be available and at WR, its a crapshoot at that spot. Another OT to look for is Tulsa LT Tyler Smith.

I am praying the Dolphins shore up the O line via FA's. BPA and need at 29 are currently pointing at WR in my opinion. Or to trade back for more picks. Pick 47 might be the time to jump on HB as they all might still be available.

Would you take a QB out of Miami University of Ohio, Ben Rothlisberger, in 1st round?
Dont be silly. Are you proclaiming Cole Kelley, the 16th rated QB in this years draft is a 2 time Super Bowl champion QB? Do you have a crystal ball? There are 15 QBs rated hire than Kelley.

Dont be silly. Are you proclaiming Cole Kelley, the 16th rated QB in this years draft is a 2 time Super Bowl champion QB? Do you have a crystal ball? There are 15 QBs rated hire than Kelley.

Nobody had crystal ball when Ben was drafted out of Miami Ohio, nobody knew whether he would be great, but whoever drafted him in 1st rd had brass balls. Do you think Grier would have the balls to draft him in first round?

Nobody had crystal ball when Ben was drafted out of Miami Ohio, nobody knew whether he would be great, but whoever drafted him in 1st rd had brass balls. Do you think Grier would have the balls to draft him in first round?
Im not arguing this, its just ridiculous. Ben Roethlisberger was a top rated QB in his draft, Cole isnt.
Cole Kelley needs the workout of his life at the Combine because as of now no one is drafting a 16th rated QB in round 1.

Cole Kelley is closer to a poor man’s Brock Osweiler type of QB comparison - if he could ever learn to push the ball down the field effectively.

He’s really just always been a check down king and that’s why he was pushed out of the SEC.

I don't know enough to really debate Kelley much. But man, did he have a ton of time to throw in those highlights.

Back
Top Bottom