With the 29th pick the Dolphins select… | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the 29th pick the Dolphins select…

I feel like if we just move Hunt back to RT, we can just throw money at a LT, and look for a C and G later in the draft. I think Austin Jackson can be saved, he looked much better as a guard and is athletic enough to pull, more so than Hunt.

I was much more up to date on last year's class. I had a lot of time with the pandemic.

Anyway, this is said to be another good wide receiver class. I've mostly delved into highlights, but there is a lot of talent.

Wide receivers who could be available at #29 or #50....

Jameson Williams has a chance to get there because of his injury in the National Championship game. Before the injury, I think he was a top 15 pick. Tons of speed, had some drops.

John Metchie is a speedster, who can separate. I think he's a 2nd rounder. Also coming off an injury, though.

Chris Olave is smooth, doesn't break many tackles but gets open. I don't dislike him, but not as high on him as others.

David Bell is more the physical type. I think 2nd round.

Justyn Ross is more in the Tee Higgins mold. I was high on him a few years ago, but again need to check his health.

Christian Watson is a 6-4 wide receiver, who reportedly can run 4.4. Was Lance's main target at North Dakota State. Very intriguing. Level of competition makes it hard to evaluate, but did play well in Senior Bowl. Used him a lot on wr sweeps. I think he ends up sneaking into the 2nd round.

Jalen Tolbert reminds me a bit of Cooper Kupp. I like him.

i like that list a lot. i would also throw in Khalil Shakir and Wan'Dale Robinson for flexibility purposes

With McDaniel on board, and if he is available at 29. I am curious if they draft Willis and sit him for the year?

Mayor Grier is awful. Completely snake bit.

I hope you have him to “give credit to” for a long, long time. 🤣
AMEN.

Dude picked Tua and then opted to not even look at better QBs in 2021. Jesus Christ almighty that alone should've told us all we needed to know! Completely agreed!!! That Tua pick was the one that let us know this rebuild is NOT going to succeed.

I was much more up to date on last year's class. I had a lot of time with the pandemic.

Anyway, this is said to be another good wide receiver class. I've mostly delved into highlights, but there is a lot of talent.

Wide receivers who could be available at #29 or #50....

Jameson Williams has a chance to get there because of his injury in the National Championship game. Before the injury, I think he was a top 15 pick. Tons of speed, had some drops.

John Metchie is a speedster, who can separate. I think he's a 2nd rounder. Also coming off an injury, though.

Chris Olave is smooth, doesn't break many tackles but gets open. I don't dislike him, but not as high on him as others.

David Bell is more the physical type. I think 2nd round.

Justyn Ross is more in the Tee Higgins mold. I was high on him a few years ago, but again need to check his health.

Christian Watson is a 6-4 wide receiver, who reportedly can run 4.4. Was Lance's main target at North Dakota State. Very intriguing. Level of competition makes it hard to evaluate, but did play well in Senior Bowl. Used him a lot on wr sweeps. I think he ends up sneaking into the 2nd round.

Jalen Tolbert reminds me a bit of Cooper Kupp. I like him.
He’s got the injury and maturity questions but there arent many players in this draft more talented than George Pickens. If we’re looking for that prototypical big X deep threat WR he’s one guy with all pro potential out there and with some of his blocking highlights I wanna see some waddle screens with him leading the way.

Tons of WRs I’d be happy with at 29 or 50 though, probably 29 unless a LB/OL they love is there. I wonder if McDaniel has any size benchmarks he’s looking for

He’s got the injury and maturity questions but there arent many players in this draft more talented than George Pickens. If we’re looking for that prototypical big X deep threat WR he’s one guy with all pro potential out there and with some of his blocking highlights I wanna see some waddle screens with him leading the way.

Tons of WRs I’d be happy with at 29 or 50 though, probably 29 unless a LB/OL they love is there. I wonder if McDaniel has any size benchmarks he’s looking for
Nice mention. Kind of forgot about him, but he showed up in the National Championship game.

Nice mention. Kind of forgot about him, but he showed up in the National Championship game.
Some of the best body control and ball skills I’ve ever seen and he’s got some disrespectful blocking highlights. Questions on route running, top speed, blocking effort on some plays, and the big one is maturity but I think he showed a lot of growth there coming back from the spring ACL tear to play down the stretch. Probably one of the biggest boom or bust guys in this class

Some of the best body control and ball skills I’ve ever seen and he’s got some disrespectful blocking highlights. Questions on route running, top speed, blocking effort on some plays, and the big one is maturity but I think he showed a lot of growth there coming back from the spring ACL tear to play down the stretch. Probably one of the biggest boom or bust guys in this class
You think round 3?

Scares me to draft an O-lineman early. Sign a couple in FA. There's some good wideouts in this draft, but the three I like, Drake London, Chris Olave and Jameson Williams will be gone by 29.

Last edited:
I think end of the 2nd/top of the 3rd so not where we’re picking. If all the tier 1 guys like Williams & burks are gone it wouldn’t shock me if we traded back and went RB + one of those next tier of guys like olave, metchie, or Pickens
Lots of injury risks with the wide receiver group, but some exciting talent to take some chances on.

Scares me to draft an O-lineman early. Sign a couple in FA. There's some good wideouts in this draft, but the three I like, Drake London, Chris Olave and Jameson Williams will be gone by 29.
The team has proven themselves unable to draft and develop OL so I agree that trying the established veteran route in the way to go.We can also hope that a new OL coach will get more out of all the young OL on the roster.

I am going BPA or trade down at #29. WR would be my best case scenario but I am not reaching for one there. I want to go big of offense this Draft but if Nakobe Dean is the best guy there then I am taking him.

Back
Top Bottom