With the 29th pick the Dolphins select… | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the 29th pick the Dolphins select…

I agree with all you guys. I see the things you see. But I think there is some consistency there that resulted in him having a great season. He is not erratic, he is steady.
This is not a good draft for QB, but I would pull a trigger on Kelley, and RIdder probably even tho Ridder is risky thrower, there isn't much to chose from.

For me it was Trevor Penning but now we will have to trade up for him

Last edited:
As to QB, I am going all in on Tua this year to see what they have in him.Give him a solid Ol and see what he can really do.

If he underwhelms they have 2 #1's next year to try again at the position.

I don't want a late first round OL on this line next year, I think the day 1 starters will be gone and we have enough projects already to deal with. Might as well overspend in FA at this point and find a combo between our draftees and FA vets

I want a playmaker. I'd be okay with -

RB - Kenneth Walker. Period. Next position.

WR - I think both OSU receivers and London are locks to be gone. My preference would be Burks, but he's going to test off the charts and could be gone. Jameson Williams as a stash prospect who wouldn't be there if he didn't get injured. Would be a cool addition. Jahan Dotson is a very interesting name. Sticky hands. However, the thought of Jaylen Waddle and Wan'Dale Robinson on the field together makes me giddy.

LB - one of the 3 Dean, Lloyd or Clark should be there if that's the route we choose to go. It's definitely not a bad route at all. Upgrading Duke Riley to one of those 3 would put our D in a new tier.

In the end, I think we pick a LB or trade the pick for Ridley
I agree with this. Unless Tyler Linderbaum is there, then I'm going OL. I dont think he'll be there, but Creed went later than I expected last year, so who knows.

I won't lie, I know nothing about this year's year's class other than the meh QB class.

I'm hoping a WR worth the pick is available, if not a LB or HB then.

Jermaine Johnson is a pass rusher that will make some money today. jmo
I definitely wouldn't mind a pick like that, even if Miami keeps Ogbah. Although, I'd probably then go offense with virtually every pick.

Jermaine Johnson is a pass rusher that will make some money today. jmo
The kid from FSU? I saw Zierlein's article about him and others a few days ago.

Just saw on the ticker that Jeremiah has him as the 20th best player in the draft

Last edited:
Tough to project this far down. Someone's going to fall, or a team will want to come up.

Maybe Christian Harris, Chris Olave, Kenneth Walker.

Long shot wildcard gift, Jameson Williams.

I won't lie, I know nothing about this year's year's class other than the meh QB class.

I'm hoping a WR worth the pick is available, if not a LB or HB then.
I was much more up to date on last year's class. I had a lot of time with the pandemic.

Anyway, this is said to be another good wide receiver class. I've mostly delved into highlights, but there is a lot of talent.

Wide receivers who could be available at #29 or #50....

Jameson Williams has a chance to get there because of his injury in the National Championship game. Before the injury, I think he was a top 15 pick. Tons of speed, had some drops.

John Metchie is a speedster, who can separate. I think he's a 2nd rounder. Also coming off an injury, though.

Chris Olave is smooth, doesn't break many tackles but gets open. I don't dislike him, but not as high on him as others.

David Bell is more the physical type. I think 2nd round.

Justyn Ross is more in the Tee Higgins mold. I was high on him a few years ago, but again need to check his health.

Christian Watson is a 6-4 wide receiver, who reportedly can run 4.4. Was Lance's main target at North Dakota State. Very intriguing. Level of competition makes it hard to evaluate, but did play well in Senior Bowl. Used him a lot on wr sweeps. I think he ends up sneaking into the 2nd round.

Jalen Tolbert reminds me a bit of Cooper Kupp. I like him.

Might be a tad early for him, but how about Jalen Tolbert? He has a little bit of that Cooper Kupp thing going for him, at 6-3 with good speed. I haven't seen him mocked first round, but early second. Would seem like a great wide receiver to pair with Waddle.

If Jameson Williams drops that far, Miami could get a top 10-15 talent at 29.

David Bell, Justin Ross and John Metchie strike me as second rounders. I like all of them.

This is contingent on the Dolphins getting two offensive lineman (upgrades) in free agency. If not, Miami may have to go OT at 29 and wide receiver at #50. I think Daniele Faalele could be there at 29. Can he play RT or does he have to move inside to guard? If he can play OT, Faalele could go 1st round.

A wildcard for me is Nakobe Dean. Miami just needs so much on offense.

I believe Faalele is a natural ORT. He & Hunt could anchor the Right side of the OL for yrs to come

Back
Top Bottom