With two games left, what's the feeling on Daboll? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With two games left, what's the feeling on Daboll?

Continuity is key here, so keep Daboll in place. Players will only get more comfortable, allowing him to install more of the playbook, and become more creative. He's aggressive (which I like), and as long as they're confident with the trigger man (QB), this offense can be scary good; The offense took off almost as soon as Moore stepped in.

Miami's offense has averaged 25.4 points per game.
That would be ranked #6 if it were the entire season which is pretty damn good. Miami is currently ranked #21 and last seasons the Dolphins were ranked #30.

I like what he's doing.

I like consistency.

I'd like to see him and Moore stick around another season, fix the o-line and see what happens.

I have to say that I've been pleasantly surprised about Brian Daboll. He's managed to do for Reggie Bush what all the offensive minds in New Orleans weren't able to.

Consistently fails at red zone. That at any level of football will earn an F on the report card. If you look at our PF as of last week we were 3rd or dead last in every division. Besides that he is doing a great job.

Seriously??? First its Marshall fault because drop passes now its Daboll? You cant have it both ways, either Daboll called a good play and Marshall messed up or Daboll called a poor play and Marshall failed to catch it. He has exceeded my expectations and I want to keep him. He is aggressive with passes and does not play it safe like Henning.

If you can't call it in in the red zone then it doesn't really matter how you got us there.

When you put 2 time-consuming, successful, offense-dominating drives back to back and only lead your opponent by 6 at the outset, you've endured merely to motivate your opponent- "Hey, dawg. They just gave us the best they got and they only up 6. Lets tare these fools up."

Guy is also too unwilling to call the plan and not the situation. Where is the shotgun when our OLine is being humiliated?

So much speed/quickness/talent and no designs to motion/slot/create mismatches for Marshall. No inside designs for Bess. No spreading Bush out wide. No quick screens/slants to Clyde Gates.

I'd fire him one the very next jump ball in the endzone. You are the offense. You dictate the action. The defense must literally react to your proact and instead of taking that advantage you even the plain by putting the ball up for grabs- IMHO, the worst theoretical play ever drawn up in football.

about the only way daboll keeps his job is if Brian Shotternheimer (was qb coach for jets) or Eric mangini( his failed offensive coordinator) get hired. No respectable coach will keep Daboll as a condition of employment and most will want guys they trust to run their offense. If billick is hired its possible that Rick Neuheisal is the OC. Not sure who Fisher would hire since his last oc is dead. Cowher if Whisenhunt is fired would probably be his oc.

Daboll hasn't lit the world on fire but he has been respectible to the point where I think he will be an OC next season for someone. Will it be the Phins? That will largely depend on who the next HC will be.

Thank God for positive posters like Luduporcu!

DABOLL is EXACTLY what MIAMI has been looking for. He apparently knew what R BUSH could do, and how much to put on our Rookie HB. He apparently WANTS to go to MARSHALL, and to HARTLINE as well. MIAMI has a possession-like WR who's "sneaky fast" in HARTLINE, and he's getting thrown to now. DABOLL and MOORE have a rapport, which can't hurt. And DABOLL knows how to use TEs. In "PARCELLSBALL", TEs block, and occasionally run 8 yard patterns. That's like Gospel in PARCELLSVILLE. But DABOLL understands, or seems to understand, 21st Century NFL football.

I'd not only look to keep DABOLL: I'd extend his contract...for as long as HE wanted. Ditto, NOLAN. And if that means firing EVERYONE ELSE, so be it; and if it means NOT hiring a "name" Coach as HC, again, SO BE IT. And if ROSS saw fit to make either of DABOLL or NOLAN the HC, I'd be fine w/THAT, too. Retread Coaches, even ones who were once topshelf, aren't "new SHULAS": they are what they are and no more. And they aren't necessarily what they once WERE...especially where they predate the new rules of c. 2003-04, that transformed the NFL into a pass-first League. Need proof? BILL PARCELLS! It's a different universe now.

It's great to see some positive insight from a fellow dolfan on the team which I hold so dear to my heart. Excellent post Luduporcu.

daboll has been solid of late...but it took him too long to figure out how to get the ball to bush in space...and if he does return next year for gods sakes stop running bush up the middle in short yardage...that makes no damn sense

i'm indifferent about daboll going forward...he could stay or he could go...i don't think he's a difficult upgrade

daboll has been solid of late...but it took him too long to figure out how to get the ball to bush in space...and if he does return next year for gods sakes stop running bush up the middle in short yardage...that makes no damn sense

i'm indifferent about daboll going forward...he could stay or he could go...i don't think he's a difficult upgrade

running anyone up the middle behind that OL has been a bad idea. Hilliard couldn't move the pile either.

Basically since Henne has been out, and then Moore needed a few games ot get acclimated and spend time with the receivers. I bet if Henne were still our starting QB, we'd still be avergaing 17PPG.
Since game 9, Miami's offense has averaged 25.4 points per game. Considering the lockout, the unstable QB situation, shaky O'Line, and the Coaching situation, is this guy doing better or worse than you expected?

Furthermore, do you believe that at this point he deserves to stay, or, would you prefer that Miami replace him?

I bet if henne was our qb, we wouldn't have won useless games in late november and would have a legitamate shot at luck, or at the very least a top 3 pick.

In Daboll I see the average NFL OC. Better than some, not as good as some.

On the plus side, he's positive and aggressive. He knows his players strengths and he builds the offense around that. He has evolved his offense to take extra advantage of positives like Moore's efficiency and Bush's productivity in open space. We're multi-dimensional as an offense and therefore less predictable.

On the negative side, I don't see real innovation within a game to take advantage of an opponent's weakness. When I think back to how Belichick/O'Brien slayed us with the no-huddle as soon as they spotted that we were out of condition - that was true offensive strategy on the hoof. In my opinion, Daboll would never have made that call. That's the difference between good and great.

We need that 2-minute offense and I agree with everyone who thinks the redzone offense consists of an unsuccessful fade to Marshall or Reggie up the middle. No point in being unpredictable all the way up to the goalline only to keep repeating the same easy-to-defend plays when you get there.

So, He's a good, modern OC if not a mould-breaking alchemist. It's year 1 for him here, I'd expect him to raise the game up another level with another season's access to the squad and a full offseason inbetween, but I'm not sure he's going to get it.

In Daboll I see the average NFL OC. Better than some, not as good as some.

On the plus side, he's positive and aggressive. He knows his players strengths and he builds the offense around that. He has evolved his offense to take extra advantage of positives like Moore's efficiency and Bush's productivity in open space. We're multi-dimensional as an offense and therefore less predictable.

On the negative side, I don't see real innovation within a game to take advantage of an opponent's weakness. When I think back to how Belichick/O'Brien slayed us with the no-huddle as soon as they spotted that we were out of condition - that was true offensive strategy on the hoof. In my opinion, Daboll would never have made that call. That's the difference between good and great.

We need that 2-minute offense and I agree with everyone who thinks the redzone offense consists of an unsuccessful fade to Marshall or Reggie up the middle. No point in being unpredictable all the way up to the goalline only to keep repeating the same easy-to-defend plays when you get there.

So, He's a good, modern OC if not a mould-breaking alchemist. It's year 1 for him here, I'd expect him to raise the game up another level with another season's access to the squad and a full offseason inbetween, but I'm not sure he's going to get it.

As to the Red Zone, did it ever occur to any of you that MIAMI doesn't have the talent to execute a lot of plays that might be better suited than "up the gut", etc.? I really believe that last preseason, ROSS got cheap at exactly the wrong time. There were (literally) 5 or 6 very solid Gs in F/A, and at least 3 of them were "pulling Gs". MIAMI went after NONE of them. WHY? Everybody and his Aunt knew that MAMI's interior OL was a BIG weakness, especially LG/"pulling G". If MIAMI HAD GRABBED A SOLID "PULLING G", think of the consequences: the "rippling effect. That F/A would be the LG, INCOGNITO (who's a very decent G) would be at RG where he's best suited, seeing as how he's a true mauler; V CAREY, a serviceable veteran RT, wouldn't have to re-learn how to play RG (he hadn't played there since The U) for the simple reason that he'd be playing RT like he should, and COLUMBO would be on an unemployment line, and NOT MIAMI's roster.

The consequences? A lot less pressure on MOORE (because the right-side OL's a lot better), and more importantly, in the Red Zone, MIAMI would have the ability to run a "sweep right", which it can't really do now...and evrybody in the League knows it. Our Red Zone performance WOULD HAVE TO IMPROVE, because MIAMI would have better pass protection and the full rushing package to throw at opponents. And it wouldn't hurt our NON-Red Zone performance, either! (sigh) Oh, well.

Back
Top Bottom