Wonder who gets axed this week | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wonder who gets axed this week

Thomas is just a ST ace. Hopefully TJ can sure up the FS spot.

Honestly after cooling off from the end of the game, Miami didn’t play that bad as a team.

I mean other than the stupid holding calls whenever the offense made a play got so infuriating that it pissed me off, and I haven’t gotten mad at a game in a few years. We got the ball on the 50 twice and penalties killed us. Williams big play Landry held. AFTER he got his face mask pulled sideways. Reshad’s phantom personal foul. Pure blasphemy.

As soon as Ryan went down I knew this team wasn’t a playoff caliber team. He was going to be good this year and it took the wind out of the sails of the team.

I’ll enjoy the rest of the football season because it’s a quick season and hopefully Miami can either surprise me with a bunch of “we won that” games or we get a good draft pick and finally reshape the OL.

Yeah I like Michael Thomas as a ST player, and he'll always have that pick of Brady, but he's SOOOOOO limited on defense. He was made to look silly on Lynch's first TD, and because he's so limited Reshad has to stay back more and can't do what he does best,

That uniform combination needs to go.

So sad when I remember our traditional prime time combo of white pants, aqua jersey and the classic logo

Pouncey or Kiko might get benched

I doubt very much Kiko gets benched this or any week for that matter until he is legitimately a problem rather then solution to this defense. Kiko did get exposed in his pass coverage, but unfortunately the other LBs are not much better, and he just went against a very good TE. Kiko is yet again among the leaders in tackles (2nd place right now), and is one of the most intense players that does not give up, and sparks a fire to the defense.

Though Pouncey is not playing as well as he has in years past, he is still one of the better linemen we have, so it would be insane to sit him right now if he is not hurt. He may be playing his last year in Miami though.

Thomas is just a ST ace. Hopefully TJ can sure up the FS spot.

Honestly after cooling off from the end of the game, Miami didn’t play that bad as a team.

I mean other than the stupid holding calls whenever the offense made a play got so infuriating that it pissed me off, and I haven’t gotten mad at a game in a few years. We got the ball on the 50 twice and penalties killed us. Williams big play Landry held. AFTER he got his face mask pulled sideways. Reshad’s phantom personal foul. Pure blasphemy.

As soon as Ryan went down I knew this team wasn’t a playoff caliber team. He was going to be good this year and it took the wind out of the sails of the team.

I’ll enjoy the rest of the football season because it’s a quick season and hopefully Miami can either surprise me with a bunch of “we won that” games or we get a good draft pick and finally reshape the OL.

That's exactly what happened. Things are just different. Raiders still suck and their "stars" are overrated. How Mack ever won DPOY baffles me. I actually thought they were good. Carr isn't the next great QB. With that line, he actually surprised me. I thought he was a better player. I would have loved to come on here and talk about a football game win or lose but once again the Refs decide the game. Imagine Suh punched Cook twice behind his neck!! It's so obvious the refs NEED to keep Oakland relevant so Goodell doesn't look like a dummy for bringing an overachieving team to LV. Drake's fumbled cost us the game but otherwise the man runs with speed and power. I don't think missing Ajayi is going to be an issue.

Last edited:
Our season was toast on August 3rd. The last 8 games are 100% about finding out which players are too stupid to play for this team after 2017.

And that's all that needs to be said. Take away ANY team's starting QB and see how things work out. I let blind optimism speak for me.

That’s why all the crazy talk about Gase being fired is insane. You don’t lose anstarting qb and keep on trucking.

Gase being fired is the dumbest idea EVER!!! We're 1 game out of the playoffs with Jay Cutler lol Gase can't protect the players from injuries or the unfair reffering. This isn't our season and like stated above..The season was over on August 3rd, 2017. The fact that we're 4-4 amazes me.

Well here is where we are and where we are going.

First we are a dink and dunk passing offence and last night what we saw at its best with a close lost. A 121 QB passer rating and you loose? There is little fear of a rushing attack, and nothing deep with our offense. So even when the next to last defenses figures out to sit on the short game, then eventually something bad is probably going to happen. The more time the ball is in the air, the less secure it is, making a tipped pass, a fumble a penalty that much more likely. Its pure math. Look back when Moore came in and suddenly lit up the Jets. They were expecting the Cutler/Gase fink and dunk mode, Moore let it fly used all his weapons using Caroo and Fasano also. As for the players and their penalties last night when you try to hard you make mistakes.
Yes with Jay Ajayi in the lineup we probably win the close game last night, just like last year after the Seattle game we suddenly started winning the close games.
The question I would ask Gase right now would another 10 6 season this year and then trading Ajayi for the 4th round pick in the offseason would be worth the price?
Last night I had to post this watching Gase on the sideline pissed. He better get used to it for the remainer of the year and hopefully learns there is more than one way to skin a cat other than throwing baby out with the bathwater.

Last edited:
Michael Thomas just sucks. He shouldn't be out there in the first place. The guy is a trash safety. We trot him out there every year because we don't believe in having depth at the safety position and here we are, stuck with him going out there playing like a bum yet again. Great special teams player? Sure. Knows his assignments? Sure. Awful safety.

The guy who ought to get cut is Mike Bum *** Pouncey. Stupid penalties, botched snaps, and not blocking well enough to justify those things.

yea pounceys gotta be gone this offseason...always hurt and ineffective when he does play...honestly cant even tell a difference from him playing and not playing, line plays about the same...so you can get the same production for 1/10th of the price

Back
Top Bottom