Wonder who gets axed this week | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wonder who gets axed this week

I am endowed with irrational optimism and the ability to put bad games behind me.

I realize that the players have the same general emotional makeup as members of this forum. They think they know it all too. They are just as capable of silly stuff as any one of us. Gase does a remarkable job of keeping them in line while retaining the allegiance of the majority of his players. Actually they are not all his players due to selection. Many are hand me downs, but Gase still seems to be having some level of success with most of them. This last game showed me that the players were trying to show Gase that they belong on this team. Probably some of them should. We will know by the time our next season opener comes around (barring hurricanes or an invasion).

I'm all in on Gase.

This franchise is now in the beginning of becoming one of the best, most stable, consistent a playoff contenders in the league and it is all because of him. I am just as impatient as the whiniest fan on this forum to be winning; just tempered with a little more optimism than most. I am enjoying just watching the development occur, just as I did when the Bengals franchise started up and when the Panthers franchise started up. I predict this Dolphins franchise will provide the best balanced and dominating team there has been in the last 100 years. If you check the record, you will see there were teams back then that had several unbeaten seasons under great coaches. This kind of team is something that has not been seen in the NFL for several decades. Just check the ratings of the offences and defenses of the winners of the last 30 super bowls to confirm this. The trend has been to have either a dominating offense or a dominating defense.

The most difficult part of achieving this is controlling the players salaries to the point that there is enough money to pay the players on both sides of the ball. This is where Gases interaction with the front office becomes the most critical. This is where the Owner - Stephan M. Ross, the President and Chief Executive Officer - Tom Garfinkle and more importantly the Executive Vice President, Football Operations - Mike Tannenbaum and General Manager - Chris Grier need to be on the same page in terms of which players to hire, how much to pay them and how long to expect to keep them. On top of this they need to have and maintain a 3 year plan that accommodates replacement due to:
1) Injury.
2) Lack of performance.
- Failure to develop into an NFL level player
- Age related performance drop off
- Changing job description's for existing positions or changing to new positions
{I see changing positions as a way to extend a players functional playing time with the team as they get older and slower}
3) Excessive cost for a position based on the 3 year plan or market value.

This is not just depth, but a way to be ready to backup the backup so that there is always a fully functional backup available.

This is probably the most difficult task any NFL team faces. The Patriots seemed to be using this approach, but have become more reliant on their quarterback over time and less reliant on their defense. I see Adam Gase as the man who would be fundamental in seeing that this job gets done and keeps it working.

Nobody at this point but if the FO/Coaches sees what everyone else can see, plenty of these guys "should" be gone in the off season starting with at least 2 or 3 o-linemen

Ozzy rules!!

The only time I saw him look really pissed was when Cutler took the time out on the 2 point conversion. No excuse for that and it cost us an opportunity. I think we scored in 22 seconds on that drive. If we save that TO, we get the ball back with like 30 seconds left to try to get a FG.

Back
Top Bottom