Would Miami still have picked Beck if Kolb was there at #40? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would Miami still have picked Beck if Kolb was there at #40?

miami234ever

DenverCheesesteak
Reaction score
They said they got all their guys that they wanted, but if Kolb was still there at #40 do you think they still would've picked Beck? This is not a Beck bashing thread and I do like Beck a lot. There were also rumors that were trying to trade up into the first round for Beck. They never said they were trying to trade up for Beck but they said they did try to trade up. Maybe they heard that the Eagles were going to pick Kolb at #37 so they tried to trade up for Kolb. Am I thinking too heard or do you think that could've been what was really happening? Either way I'm satisfied with Beck and think he will be a great QB for us in the future. Would you guys have been happier with Kolb over Beck?

The system that Kolb was in, made him more of a project for me. With the shape the QB position is in, I prefer the more polished player, even if he does a bit less of an upside than Kolb (IMO).

Think Cam always wanted Beck, liked him from interview etc. Got to sa I'd hoped for Quinn but prob just bought the hype.

Going to put faith in Cam

:dolphins: Go Dolphins Go

Think Cam always wanted Beck, liked him from interview etc. Got to sa I'd hoped for Quinn but prob just bought the hype.

Going to put faith in Cam

:dolphins: Go Dolphins Go

I don't think it was an inditement that we did not like Quinn we just loved Ginn. Beck had nothing to do with who we took in the first round, the abundance of Qb's available in second proabbly might have been a factor but not one player.

Beck is going to be great, a steve young type player. Kolb isn't nearly as good as beck. Plus beck did say that his agent told him that the phins were trying to trade up for him.

Nobody on here knows so why ask really??

You don't have the answer and obviously don't care so why post really??

P.S.: I asked another question in my post too but you obviously didn't read it.

They said they got all their guys that they wanted, but if Kolb was still there at #40 do you think they still would've picked Beck? This is not a Beck bashing thread and I do like Beck a lot. There were also rumors that were trying to trade up into the first round for Beck. They never said they were trying to trade up for Beck but they said they did try to trade up. Maybe they heard that the Eagles were going to pick Kolb at #37 so they tried to trade up for Kolb. Am I thinking too heard or do you think that could've been what was really happening? Either way I'm satisfied with Beck and think he will be a great QB for us in the future. Would you guys have been happier with Kolb over Beck?
I think they were trying to trade back into the first like The Browns did before Quinn was taken and then after at, they attempted for Kolb. Once Kolb was gone, they figured Beck would be there in the second. My true gut feeling is all three quarterbacks rated about the same on RanCam's board. So I guess would all the bashers be upset if we did trade back in and get Quinn?

We spent much more time with Beck than we did with Ginn, Randy even text him to congratulate him on the birth of his son. I believe them when they say the first two rounds fell exactly as they wanted them. After that I'm not so sure.

As the post draft articles said Cam was impressed by Beck Leadership and knowledge of playbook. Part of it ivolved him running a two minute drill.

Suppose you'll never know, hope he was first choice as Meuller has good track record with QB's

The Fins were trying to get back in the first round to draft Beck so i don't think Kolb was ever in their plans.

There's no way miami wanted Kolb. He was considered one of the biggest reaches in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom