Would the FO have the balls to do this and draft a QB | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would the FO have the balls to do this and draft a QB

Interesting question, I don't think b/c Ryan hasn't led them to a winning record that he can't in the future but I think he's the type that needs everything perfect around him.

If everything needs to be perfect, then he isn't a franchise QB worth building around.

Steve Young had 2 losing seasons in TB and never had another after being traded to the 9ers.
That wasn't the question.
Steve Young started w/ 2 losing seasons not 4.

That wasn't the question.

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

If everything needs to be perfect, then he isn't a franchise QB worth building around.

There isn't one person that believes in tannehill, that thinks he needs everything perfect around him. they just ask for an average oline, a defense that shows up more often than not, and competent coaches. That's all.

If someone can provide me with a list of 5 QB's that had a winning record their first 4 years with a bottom 3 oline, AND bottom 1/3 defense, AND poor coaching then I will stop posting in this thread.

And....go!

Not sure how you would consider a defense that allowed the 7th, 8th, 20th and 19th best scoring defense as bottom 1/3. Huge exaggeration. By average they have had the 13-14th scoring defense over Ryan's tenure. That is closer to top 1/3 than bottom 1/3.

Even from a yardage allowed standpoint we come out 19-20 in that period. again, not bottom 1/3

See you are shying away from the question....Blake has a point. We are waiting for something that has never happened as far as I know.

If someone can provide me with a list of 5 QB's that had a winning record their first 4 years with a bottom 3 oline, AND bottom 1/3 defense, AND poor coaching then I will stop posting in this thread.

And....go!

MIA D has never been in bottom 1/3 of points allowed the last 4 years and 2 of those years it was actually in top 10. The problem has been the O being in the very bottom 1/3.

can newton is another one.

Yeap , I just brought him up in another thread .

His first four years were at BEST mediocre .

And let's not bring up playoff appearences with a losing record . That and a pile of **** might as well be the same .

Not sure how you would consider a defense that allowed the 7th, 8th, 20th and 19th best scoring defense as bottom 1/3. Huge exaggeration. By average they have had the 13-14th scoring defense over Ryan's tenure. That is closer to top 1/3 than bottom 1/3.

See you are shying away from the question....Blake has a point. We are waiting for something that has never happened as far as I know.

that same defense has also allowed over 32 points the last 6 games of last year. had a horrid run D, a linebacking core that wouldn't even be starters on another team, super thin a CB, but yeah, lets just stay with what we got, because they are good enough.

No, Weeden sucks but it is interesting in his one big game he played well and Ryan never has but no one would take Weeden over Ryan and no one would take Cassell at this point over him but Cassell a few years ago was better than Ryan has ever been.

Why are you stuck on that 1 Cassel year? Did you know in that 1 "great" year he completed 58% of his passed while he had the rushing duo of Thomas Jones and Jamal Charles amass over 2000 rushing yds and a Dwayne Bowe who was still hungry and an OL that was rock solid.

If someone can provide me a list of 5 QBs that had a losing record their first 4 years, just like tannehill and went on to become a winning QB who has been in multiple playoff games and has actually won a few playoff games then I will stop posting in this thread.

And....go!

Closest I can come is our own Bob Griese. Started with 3 losing seasons then Shula became the coach of Dolphins. Griese's 4th year resulted in a winning record and his career took off from there. Lets hope Gase is the next Don Shula and history repeats.

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

that same defense has also allowed over 32 points the last 6 games of last year. had a horrid run D, a linebacking core that wouldn't even be starters on another team, super thin a CB, but yeah, lets just stay with what we got, because they are good enough.

Guess you like to leave out the other 58 games. They don't suit your excuse machine.

Even from a yardage allowed standpoint we come out 19-20 in that period. again, not bottom 1/3

btw, bottom 1/3 of the league is a team ranked 21st or worse. Miami being ranked 15 in points or 19-20 in yardage is closer to bottom 1/3 than top 1/3. Part of a bad defense is also getting off the field on 3rd down. they were ranked 5th worst this year.

Closest I can come is our own Bob Griese. Started with 3 losing seasons then Shula became the coach of Dolphins. Griese's 4th year resulted in a winning record and his career took off from there. Lets hope Gase is the next Don Shula and history repeats.

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Guess you like to leave out the other 58 games. They don't suit your excuse machine.

ok, the other 58 games, the defense was soooooooo good. I can't believe how good they were. it's unbelievable ryan tannehill couldn't win with a top tier defense in those 58 other games. You got me.

And let's not bring up playoff appearences with a losing record . That and a pile of **** might as well be the same .

3rd year went 12-4. If RT did that he would be getting a little more slack.

he made 2 PBs, won 12 games once, 2 div titles, 2 playoff apps. you can make fun of the 7-9 PO app but they had to go on the road in a winner take all for the div title. there's really no comparison

If someone can provide me with a list of 5 QB's that had a winning record their first 4 years with a bottom 3 oline, AND bottom 1/2 defense, AND poor coaching then I will stop posting in this thread.

And....go!

here, i'll help out and change my question.

btw, bottom 1/3 of the league is a team ranked 21st or worse. Miami being ranked 15 in points or 19-20 in yardage is closer to bottom 1/3 than top 1/3. Part of a bad defense is also getting off the field on 3rd down. they were ranked 5th worst this year.

Don't want to get into the offense-defense battle. They are related so one will never really know who is the most to blame. Neither was good enough. Both fell below league averages in the most important stat scoring and allowing scores. You have no chance when that happens.

Back
Top Bottom