Would the FO have the balls to do this and draft a QB | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would the FO have the balls to do this and draft a QB

You are right, if there is a bar stool and a pitcher of beer, Manziel will never back down. He is exactly what this team needs. High character guy who brings leadership and will help get rid of that drama in the locker room.

He has the charisma of another great champion, Ric Flair. Tannehill will never have the magnetism and allure of 16 time world champion Flair. Flair was no stranger to wining big matches when it mattered in his early years. In 1974 Flair was in his junior year in the AWA and was able to defeat Wahoo McDaniel (another trained warrior from the Don Shula tree) which would catapult him into the NWA. He quickly grabbed the singles title upon his emergence there. Flair reached elite status rather quickly when he began referring to himself as "The Nature Boy" in order to incite a 1978 feud with the original "Nature Boy", Buddy Rogers. Flair was also rumored to have a limo that was a mile long. There are no adjustments needed with guys like Flair and Manziel. Straight to the top.

vqkrzaayoegpba4nelil.jpg

He is still pimping Manziel and WE make adjustment???? :sidelol:

Just a random questions here- of the games Tannehill has fought and brought us back and in position to win, how many times has the defense **** the bed? I know there are a fair amount but GB and Denver last year come right to mind. Can anyone else find examples?

Actually the defense has been pretty good in those situations this year. We have only been in a few of them but the defense has shut the other team down when we score a 4th quarter TD and take the lead. After Landry's TD vs Wash the D held twice and sealed the win. After the TD to take lead from Eagles the Defense only allowed a FG and then shutdown the Eagles 3 more times to seal the win. Then in the season finale a 4th quarter TD against the Patriots to take the lead and the D followed with a 3 and out and sealed the win with a stop on downs to end the game. So 8 4th quarter possessions following a TD and they only allowed a score once and it was a FG that did not surrender the lead. 3-0 in close games where we score a TD to take the lead. The issue this past year was more of staying in the game so we had a chances in the 4th. Didn't happen too often.

he won a division title in KANSAS CITY not NE. he had his best season in KC not NE.

The point is he has played better when he had better 'teams' around him. Do you think this Dolphin team has been good?

had better coaching staffs also compared what this organization has had...

the same Aaron Rodgers who was an OT away from playing in another title game?

Cassell has won a div title and led a team to the playoffs, Weeden even won a big game for Hou late in the year. that's something certain other QBs have never been able to do.

Are you seriously trying to use one of Weeden's 6 careers wins as a starter as some fodder over Tannehill? Is that what you're actually trying to do?

If someone can provide me a list of 5 QBs that had a losing record their first 4 years, just like tannehill and went on to become a winning QB who has been in multiple playoff games and has actually won a few playoff games then I will stop posting in this thread.

And....go!

If someone can provide me a list of 5 QBs that had a losing record their first 4 years, just like tannehill and went on to become a winning QB who has been in multiple playoff games and has actually won a few playoff games then I will stop posting in this thread.

And....go!
You can start with HOF Steve Young, but I'm not sure you'll find 5. And I don't have time to do the research.

Actually the defense has been pretty good in those situations this year. We have only been in a few of them but the defense has shut the other team down when we score a 4th quarter TD and take the lead. After Landry's TD vs Wash the D held twice and sealed the win. After the TD to take lead from Eagles the Defense only allowed a FG and then shutdown the Eagles 3 more times to seal the win. Then in the season finale a 4th quarter TD against the Patriots to take the lead and the D followed with a 3 and out and sealed the win with a stop on downs to end the game. So 8 4th quarter possessions following a TD and they only allowed a score once and it was a FG that did not surrender the lead. 3-0 in close games where we score a TD to take the lead. The issue this past year was more of staying in the game so we had a chances in the 4th. Didn't happen too often.

Well we were in the Jags, Dallas and NY Giant games off the top of my head so thats the other side of the coin but as I said to you before both units are at fault IMO

Well we were in the Jags, Dallas and NY Giant games off the top of my head so thats the other side of the coin but as I said to you before both units are at fault IMO

We didn't score a single point in any of the those 3 games in the 4th quarter. When you don't score points in the 4th quarter of close game the defense will eventually crack. But yeah team loss.

You can start with HOF Steve Young, but I'm not sure you'll find 5. And I don't have time to do the research.

Steve Young had 2 losing seasons in TB and never had another after being traded to the 9ers.

Brees had an overall losing record after 4 years. But he did take his team to the playoffs one of those years with a winning season record. I'm not sure there is a QB that fits the criteria.

The point is he has played better when he had better 'teams' around him. Do you think this Dolphin team has been good?

had better coaching staffs also compared what this organization has had...

I think w/ better QB play you win many more games. the difference btw the top teams and bottom isn't huge anymore.

Are you seriously trying to use one of Weeden's 6 careers wins as a starter as some fodder over Tannehill? Is that what you're actually trying to do?

No, Weeden sucks but it is interesting in his one big game he played well and Ryan never has but no one would take Weeden over Ryan and no one would take Cassell at this point over him but Cassell a few years ago was better than Ryan has ever been.

Steve Young started w/ 2 losing seasons not 4.

Jax game your D had a million 3 and outs. Your O scored on the first possession of the 2nd half to tie it then never scored again.

Dallas he had a pick 6 in a close loss and again your O scored only 7 pts all 2nd half.

NYG he played well for the most part but in a TD game he had 2 possessions late to tie it and failed against a team that had failed in similar spots all year. a week earlier we trailed by 10 late then needed a late TD to send it to OT and we did.

And....go!
Interesting question, I don't think b/c Ryan hasn't led them to a winning record that he can't in the future but I think he's the type that needs everything perfect around him.

And....go!

If someone can provide me with a list of 5 QB's that had a winning record their first 4 years with a bottom 3 oline, AND bottom 1/3 defense, AND poor coaching then I will stop posting in this thread.

And....go!

Back
Top Bottom