Would the FO have the balls to do this and draft a QB | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would the FO have the balls to do this and draft a QB

You sound a bit like everyone post Marino....when we went corner versus drafting Brees....or taking Ronnie Brown over Aaron Rodgers.

Jay Fiedler's good enough etc etc etc.........

Look at the QB's still playing right now.

If your confident in Tannehill...then wait till later...if your not you better draft a QB you have a conviction on.

I'm confident in Tannehill having a better chance to be a good QB than any of the qbs coming out this year .

Everybody looks good when you see a highlight tape. When they get to the NFL most qbs fall flat on their face .

In willing to give Tannehill another year , and if he doesn't improve then maybe next years draft class is better . But for NOW ... Improve the defense and most of all improve the O line .

This franchise has sunk so low that many are now aspiring to be the Cleveland Browns..... how F'n sad.....

QB201412222Johnny ManzielTexas A&M
201212222Brandon WeedenOklahoma State
201032185Colt McCoyTexas
200712222Brady QuinnNotre Dame
20053367Charlie FryeAkron
2004410106Luke McCownLouisiana Tech
2000617183Spergon WynnSouthwest Texas State
1999111Tim CouchKentucky

Draft another one Cleveland!!

Henne in 2009
Tannehill in 2012

Outside of injury when Moore started how is that comparable to the Browns going back to 2008 when Pennington fell into their lap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see any QB in the first two rounds this year worth taking with all the other holes that need to be filled being a much bigger priority. Depending on what they do with their free agents and in free agency, I don't mind taking a QB after the 3rd round but that may even be too high. Moore is too expensive to be carrying the clipboard so I would rather see them bring in a free agent that has a bit of experience and won't cost as much and then go after a project QB in the later rounds.

I'm betting your right, but again.....it all boils down to how Gase views it in my opinion.

If he evaluates Tannehill and doesn't believe in him...I wouldn't rule it out.

You're crazy if you think Gase took this job without having already looked at some Tannehill tape and had a good understanding of his play and what was wrong ... His ceiling and floor ... He anazlyed all of this before choosing Miami . I'd bet my life on it.

I think Tannehill was one of the main points of discussion between Tannenbaum and Gase .

For them to draft a QB early this year would be a COMPLETE surprise .

If they do anything but go defense in the first round ...... It'll be a huge mistake

I am a Tannehill fan...my only remaining question mark on him is if he's champion or not....does he have the "it" factor to make key plays at critical moments to win games.

I really think his deep ball improved in 2015, despite the major issues this team had which caused an overall regression.

Thats going to be the key question....is Tannehill a winner?

The guy who writes those articles is the biggest cl0wn on the Herald payroll

He has spent the last few weeks trashing Philbin for wanting to draft a QB, then he proposes doing the EXACT same thing

as if he were some kind of NFL Guru with incredible insight

He is like a trashy blend of professional wrestling announcers and a Spanish channel tele-novela

Whatever they do in the 1st and 2nd round, they are many players away from climbing out of the bottom of the AFC East

I can't speak for Adam Gase. If he goes to the front office and wants a QB because he feels Ryan Tannehill will never be a QB that takes this team to higher levels . . . . and he likes a guy that requires a first/second round pick . . . . roll the dice . . . this team, for me at least, is more about setting Gase up for success rather than proving a point with Ryan Tannehill.

That said, I don't think this is the year. Ryan has shown some inconsistency but some flashes of brilliance as well. I think Gase should definitely have a year with him and if it doesn't work, by all means, dip your hat into the 2017 draft and grab "your guy".

That said, I have no issues getting a day 3 guy or a UDFA. Should of happened once Philbin's pet project Devlin was given up on.

This. 100% this.

I am not a draft guru, but I would be pretty upset if we took Paxton Lynch with our 8th pick. Not because he's a quarterback, but because there will be much better players on the board at other positions where we also desperately need help.

They need to take a Qb in rounds 4 tru 7 this year. Maybe a guy like Brandon Doughty comes to mind. If Tannehill shows zero in the way of advancement this season next year you take a QB in round 1 and look for veteran help. That gives you a vet, a high draft pick and project on the roster for 2017.

There's basically no risk whatsoever in drafting a QB in the 6th round. We should be doing it every year.

Can the team determine the long term future of a developmental QB in one off season? They have no where to put QBs if they are drafted every year. Every 3 years is the max rate that makes any sense, unless you feel really good about a prospect.

Henne in 2009
Tannehill in 2012

Outside of injury when Moore started how is that comparable to the Browns going back to 2008 when Pennington fell into their lap?

They want the Dolphins to BECOME the Browns by throwing high picks at QBs nearly every year.

A QB late in his career is no different than a QB in his last year trying to prove he's the guy you go forward with.

Except for the QB late in his career in nearly the inevitable cliff and is likely to be gone, whether the team wants it or not. That is the point of drafting a eventual replacement for an aging veteran. It is very rare for a team to draft another QB high before having decided to move on from their current QB. There is too much pressure to get the rookie in. When you draft another QB high, you have already decided to move on. Once you have done it, there is no going back, just ask San Diego.

They want the Dolphins to BECOME the Browns by throwing high picks at QBs nearly every year.

I wouldn't say every year as it has been 4 years since we drafted one...though I wouldn't use a high pick, it is still smart to take a chance on someone in a later round...

I think some would have the same argument about taking lineman high every year...I mean if we only mean 1st 2 days as high picks...

2014 - Juwan James, Billiy Turner
2013 - DallasThomas
2012 - Johnathon Martin
2011 - Mike Pouncey
2010 - John Jerry

On top of that....big money on Brandon Albert (2014) and Incognito (2010), as well decent money on Shelly Smith...

Damn that is a lot of resources....

Whoah. First..you're suggesting the Vikings made the playoffs this year because of Bridgewater?

Second..you're actually making my point for me. I'm stating they should have drafted at least SOME supporting cast members INSTEAD of the first round QBs.

If anything, the best two QB they drafted off that list were McCown and McCoy.

To your last point, is there a QB in this upcoming draft that you feel is better than Tannehill?

You clearly aren't following. Your saying that the Browns should have drafted a better supporting cast instead of QBs, insinuating that maybe the QBs they drafted may have had a better chance for success? That is false otherwise why haven't those QBs found success else where? The Browns suck because they have no QB and will continue to suck. The only reason we are slightly better is because Tannehill is slightly better.

Also obviously my opinion on who I think is better than tannehill in this draft is irrelevant. I was speaking for the FO if THEY think a QB is better than what we already have.

Except for the QB late in his career in nearly the inevitable cliff and is likely to be gone, whether the team wants it or not. That is the point of drafting a eventual replacement for an aging veteran. It is very rare for a team to draft another QB high before having decided to move on from their current QB. There is too much pressure to get the rookie in. When you draft another QB high, you have already decided to move on. Once you have done it, there is no going back, just ask San Diego.

It's reasonable to conclude that this is it for Tannehill. He has this year with Gase to prove himself and if he doesn't he's gone. I hope Tannehill shows he's the future but he has some key issues that tell me he'll never be more than just another guy.

Back
Top Bottom