Would the FO have the balls to do this and draft a QB | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would the FO have the balls to do this and draft a QB

This team's complacency at qb started after Marino. BB got it right, throwing a 7th at Brady when he had Bledsoe. It is the absolute right thing to do to protect your franchise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NE had no clue Brady would be the QB he turned out to be. His success is one of the anomalies of sports. Seldom do late round picks turn out to be HOF players/considered greatest of all-time.

This is just lunacy. From your few posts in this thread, it would seem you're part of the party that thinks Tannehill is the whole team and must overcome everything on his own. Do you not think the rest of our team sucks? Huge holes elsewhere? Newsflash buddy- CB, MLB, FS, guard, pass rusher - all make our team better than just drafting some qb for the hell of it

you bring up parallels of other teams failed qbs as an excuse to say we don't need to fix the rest of the team first.. Haha what?! What qb (and a rookie qb at that) is going to step into this team- unseat Tannehill- and go on to make us great and good enough to beat the patriots consistently?? Also- Tannehill has shown he is light years ahead of any lackluster qb drafted by the Browns in the last decade. Your post is just a whole lot of confused

I'm just tired of everyone saying we need to give Tannehill another chance, and put him in a position to win. Have we not done that? We threw money at Mike Wallace and Brandon Albert. We have spent high picks on O-line and WRs the last couple years and it's still the same results. I'm betting next year Tannehill will throw around 25 TDs and less INTs (below 10) but we still go 8-8 and everyone starts the whole "he needs one more year with the head coach or OC". The bottom line is he just isn't good enough.

The sooner we move from him, the better we will be. Other than Brees can someone throw out some names of QBs who was this polarizing and actually turned into a winning QB?

Here is his new blog with "his names of draftable QB's"

Summary

Jared Goff - He's not going to be available when the Dolphins pick.

Paxton Lynch- He was really bad in the Birmingham Bowl against Auburn, completing 16 of 37 passes for 106 yards and an interception. The reason I mention this game is because it was, outside of Mississippi, the best opponent Lynch faced all season. And against the opponent who had time to prepare for the game, the quarterback struggled.

Carson Wentz - from a small program that played inferior opposition.

Connor Cook - Played higher level competition and was solid. But he wasn't a superstar.

Christian Hackenberg - I really liked him when I first saw him play in 2013. He was raw but it seemed to me he had "it." But the past two years there has been no obvious improvement.

Others:

Cody Kessler of USC (only 6-1 but I love his game and what's not to love about 88 TD passes the past three years).

Cardale Jones of Ohio State (Yeah, he had his best moments in the 2015 Bowl playoffs but faded as the starter last season. He is not an early round pick).

Baker Mayfield of Oklahoma (Another undersized player at 6-2 and 215 pounds who had a good two-year run with the Sooners but whose stock was hurt by the showing in the Orange Bowl. In that game, Oklahoma played Clemson and the difference between Mayfield and Deshaun Watson was stark).

Mentions: Western Kentucky's Brandon Doughty of Davie, down the road from Dolphins training camp ... Mississippi State's Dak Prescott, who has played tough SEC competion and improved each year he's started.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp.../some-draftable-qb-names-to-keep-in-mind.html

I'm just tired of everyone saying we need to give Tannehill another chance, and put him in a position to win. Have we not done that? We threw money at Mike Wallace and Brandon Albert. We have spent high picks on O-line and WRs the last couple years and it's still the same remaddn. I'm betting next year Tannehill will throw around 25 TDs and less INTs (below 10) but we still go 8-8 and everyone starts the whole "he needs one more year with the head coach or OC". The bottom line is he just isn't good enough.

The sooner we move from him, the better we will be. Other than Brees can someone throw out some names of QBs who was this polarizing and actually turned into a winning QB?

So because we spent high picks that means we fixed the O-Line? why was it so bad then?

The bottom line is the 'Team" isn't good enough - but I know round and round we go.. its the QB's fault, or is it the team as a whole.

So because we spent high picks that means we fixed the O-Line? why was it so bad then?

The bottom line is the 'Team" isn't good enough - but I know round and round we go.. its the QB's fault, or is it the team as a whole.

OK, the O-line will never be good enough for Tannehill. Does that make you feel better? Doesn't matter who is protecting Tannehill, he will still appear the same...

Brees was the perfect example of 4 meh years pretty good but not " elite " according to San Diego Fans .

Then he ran into a coach that knew what the hell he was doing and will now be inducted into the hall of game .

Don't give up on Tannehill yet . He has one more make or break year . But let's put him in a position to succeed , not fail .

He's been in a position to fail with this o line.

You got a competent OC , now get a competent line and we'll all have our final anwswer on Tannehill . While we get that answer, we might as well improve our TEAM and grab a linebacker or corner

just for clarification. He didn't start a game as a rookie, he bacem starter in year 2 when marty became HC so he had a good HC year 2. he wasn't very good, he was hurt year 3 so played part of the year. His 2nd full season in 2004 is when he took off and led SD to a div title. his situation isn't similar at all to Tannehill. That's not to say Ryan cannot turn it around under Gase just that he's not similar to Brees' start.

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
NE had no clue Brady would be the QB he turned out to be. His success is one of the anomalies of sports. Seldom do late round picks turn out to be HOF players/considered greatest of all-time.

it's so crazy how it turned out. why can't my team ever have luck like that?

I would not be opposed at all to Gase drafting a QB...

...after Round 5, when other need positions/BPA has been addressed.

That guy from Western Kentucky seems like an interesting prospect, but idk about quarterbacks or overall prospects like the rest of you guys do.

I'm just tired of everyone saying we need to give Tannehill another chance, and put him in a position to win. Have we not done that? We threw money at Mike Wallace and Brandon Albert. We have spent high picks on O-line and WRs the last couple years and it's still the same results. I'm betting next year Tannehill will throw around 25 TDs and less INTs (below 10) but we still go 8-8 and everyone starts the whole "he needs one more year with the head coach or OC". The bottom line is he just isn't good enough.

:lol:

WOw man. Just wow. What part of the Ireland era was honestly putting him in a position to win? Making Brian Hartline way overpaid and then trying to make Wallace an alpha receiver? Look how much better Tannehill threw the ball deep this year, without that effortless giving wr. How is he doing now in Minnesota? Oh right, not doing squat. We are only now apparently trying to put him in a position to win. We may TRY to before with "high picks and money" on OL, but when they don't pan out and are clearly terrible; who's fault is it that they continue to keep playing? Or how about the positional shuffle across the OL all the time? Philbin set us back way too far. Campbell made us realize what we need. If you can honestly tell yourself we put Tannehill in a position to win with the crap he's had to deal with I don't even know what to tell you. It's f***ing laughable really.

It's nuts to think some people are ready to give up on developing a qb AND A TEAM as a whole after 4 years. Are you serious? It's not like he's even looked close to piss-poor like some people want to believe. Has he been as bad, as other recent bust qb's that aren't even starting anymore? SO many of you are delusional. And it's not like most of us "tannehill lovers" are even defending him trying to say he has no flaws. He has flaws to improve on, no question. But hey, I guess why not just cut the best damn qb prospect we have had since Marino and let him flourish on some other team that has its damn act together.

/rant over.

:crazy:

OK, the O-line will never be good enough for Tannehill. Does that make you feel better? Doesn't matter who is protecting Tannehill, he will still appear the same...

I wonder how people can expect a QB to play well behind this ****ty line. There's only maybe 1 or 2 that can. I guess the rest are garbage too

People keep saying bring in a mid or late round quarterback to compete with Tannehill, but in reality most mid-to-late round qb's would have their hands full just competing with Logan Thomas and Zac Dysert.

Fix the line and then worry about the qb. Until the line is corrected it's pointless to play a young qb.

just for clarification. He didn't start a game as a rookie, he bacem starter in year 2 when marty became HC so he had a good HC year 2. he wasn't very good, he was hurt year 3 so played part of the year. His 2nd full season in 2004 is when he took off and led SD to a div title. his situation isn't similar at all to Tannehill. That's not to say Ryan cannot turn it around under Gase just that he's not similar to Brees' start.

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

it's so crazy how it turned out. why can't my team ever have luck like that?

1sr season starting 16 games 77 rating
2nd season starting 11 games 67.5 rating
3rd season starting 16 games 104 rating
4th season starting 16 games 89 rating
So in 3 of his first 4 seasons as a starter he only finished once over a 90 rating...
Just to clarify...

This team's complacency at qb started after Marino. BB got it right, throwing a 7th at Brady when he had Bledsoe. It is the absolute right thing to do to protect your franchise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BB got unbelievably lucky. Every team passed on Brady multiple times, which shows that no one thought he could make the jump into the pro's. So, throwing a 'hail mary' by drafting 7th round QB's and hoping there is another Brady just waiting out there that, again, every team missed, is an out and out mistake.

No.

We haven't. We have tried and failed.

How about better than the 32nd or 31st ranked unit in the entire league for half of his career? Would that be okay with you? Oh...and by the way...that DOESN'T count the year he was sacked the most in the league...and one of the most sacked seasons a QB has ever had to endure in the history of the damn NFL.

Get out of here with your nonsense.

Everyone sits around and waits for some definitive answer on Tannehill, the exact moment when its indisputable that he's a bust, and its just not going to come. There is always going to be debate on what else they could have done to get more out of him. He's had 4 years and you've pretty much seen what he is, there is no miracle transformation on the way folks. Is he good enough to get you a championship(s)? He is provided the rest of the team improves dramatically. With an elite defense and good running game, Tannehill can probably be a 'good enough' player at his position. If you're looking for him to take over games, make guys around him better and win games on sheer force of will, that isn't him. Coach Gase doesn't have enough fairy dust to turn Tannehill into Big Ben or Peyton.

So, what do we do? Keep Tannehill and focus on rebuilding the defense and o-line, and you better hope you hit on a bunch of draft picks because there's tons of holes on D, and probably need another RB to replace Miller if he leaves. Or let Gase go out and find his QB that he can groom and start their careers together and we can watch a new rookie mature properly this time, hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom