WR Mike Walker UCF ran a 4.28 today?!? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR Mike Walker UCF ran a 4.28 today?!?

well, if hes show near that time at the combine plus good hands and solid route running he might go late second early third with a great workout it is a mazing that people pay more attention to workout numbers then game film.

There is no link... but I was just listening to NFL Radio on Sirus Radio. They were doing "Draft Diarys"... and having players come on the radio that were going to be drafted this spring.

There was that WR from Eastern Carolina(cant remember his name)...
His name is Aundre Allison, and to me, he was one of the more impressive WR's during Senior Bowl week. I can't believe his name hasn't been mentioned more.

I once ran a 3.98 do you think my draft stock is rising?

Had a buddy on my middle school track team that ran a 100m in just under twelve seconds once. For anybody who isn't up to doing the conversions, that's roughly a 4.4 forty yard dash. If a boy in 7th grade can run a 4.4, why can't a fully developed man who looks to be a pro athlete run a 4.28? Also, for anybody who's curious, the world record in the 100m extrapolates to a 3.5 forty yard dash and the guy who owns the record has done it three times.

Btw, Yamon Figurs reportedly also ran a sub-4.3 time before his senior year. If he can do that again he's probably an early second day pick.
You can't make that kind of extrapolation. It's simple physics really. You need to look at the rate of acceleration. 100 m racers are at their top speed at around the 60 metre mark, not at the 1 m mark.

As for Walker and the 4.28 time, I think it is fairly obvious that he wasn't timed correctly. However, the point is almost moot. 40 times are really not as important as some people suggest. Now, you can't have a WR running 4.8 -although I soemtimes wonder what Booker would clock in at- but the difference between say 4.38 and 4.48 will not tell you everything about how successfull a WR will be.
I am actually more impressed that Walker had the fourth most receptions in the nation.

I wouldn't mind him on day 2. I don't think for a second he's that fast but he is a solid WR, even though he was pretty much invisible against Florida this past year.

And remember the Ismail brothers, Rocket and Missile? What impact did they make on the NFL. We had Quadry the Missile, and I don't think he even had a reception while he was on the roster. The only fast guy I've seen make an impact in the NFL lately is Devin Hester. And he is a kick returner for the time being. Don't know if he can run routes and catch in traffic at WR in the NFL. But he can stroll On kickoff returns.

:dolphins:

You can look at Hester's teammate Berrian to see a speedster make an impact.

I wouldn't mind him on day 2. I don't think for a second he's that fast but he is a solid WR, even though he was pretty much invisible against Florida this past year.

The entire team was invisible against Florida... :lol:

The poor QBs got murdered... the whole offense never stood a chance.

It was a horrible game... but I stayed for the whole thing and took it like a man... :wink:

The entire team was invisible against Florida... :lol:

The poor QBs got murdered... the whole offense never stood a chance.

It was a horrible game... but I stayed for the whole thing and took it like a man... :wink:

Ah, good point. :D

And remember the Ismail brothers, Rocket and Missile? What impact did they make on the NFL. We had Quadry the Missile, and I don't think he even had a reception while he was on the roster. The only fast guy I've seen make an impact in the NFL lately is Devin Hester. And he is a kick returner for the time being. Don't know if he can run routes and catch in traffic at WR in the NFL. But he can stroll On kickoff returns.

:dolphins:

Qadry did have 2 1000 yard seasons while a member of the Ravens.
You don't think Steve Smith is fast?

I heard this two. Now it is possible. But it did not say if it was electronically timed like the combine or manually timed. Manual times are always more innaccurate. But a 4.28 is possible either way.

I heard this two. Now it is possible. But it did not say if it was electronically timed like the combine or manually timed. Manual times are always more innaccurate. But a 4.28 is possible either way.

Glad to hear someone else heard it! :D

I am sure it was an innaccurate manual time... but either way, the kid has got some speed! :cooldude:

What does it matter, really? Alot of people don't run up to speed on the field. They could be track stars that arent running even 90% on the football field. There is a reason noone recognized this kid as a burner, because he isn't blazing fast on the football field.

Glad to hear someone else heard it! :D

I am sure it was an innaccurate manual time... but either way, the kid has got some speed! :cooldude:

Yes either way as long as he has a good day normally yout manual are .05 to .1 off at max. so if you use that you can expect a combine time of 4.33 to 4.38. Guessing as long as he has a good day you could see around a 4.35 at the combine, if the report was true

Back
Top Bottom