WR Mike Walker UCF ran a 4.28 today?!? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR Mike Walker UCF ran a 4.28 today?!?

Again... it isnt about him running an actuall 4.28. There is no way he ran that. However, it means he is running ALOT faster than what was expected(Probably 4.3s to low 4.4s).

I always expected him to run in the 4.4s... because he was always faster than Brandon Marshall... and Marshall ran in the low 4.5s...

as a UCF alumni and golden knight fanatic, i have to say...I didnt think he was that fast...Hes one of those guys that could always break away but our Qbs werent good enough to get him the ball..

Id like to see him in a fins uni

Tell you why...ok, the fastest time ever electronically recorded at the NFL Combine is a 4.33 by Fabian Washington from what I understand. So out of nowhere, a receiver who NFL draft sites have running in the mid 4.5's runs a legitimate 4.28? I think you are the one who needs to tell me why I should believe this.

Also, no one "reported" it. A player said it on the radio.

Fabian Washington's electronically recorded time at the 2005 combine was 4.25. Also, just because draft websites have some old, possibly inaccurate 40 time, why does that have to be his max? Vernon Davis drastically improved his 40 time from midway through his college career to the combine. I believe, at one point Athletes Performance had him as a registered 4.6...he ran a 4.38 I believe, proving that athletes can drastically increase their times with the correct training and conditioning.

Okay well we can start off with the fact that NFL 40 times in general aren't very accurate. Most track stars only run about a 4.35 there was a really good article about it in another thread, about how NFL/College 40 times are inaccurate due to the conditions they are taken in.

Second of all like I said these times are never right. They timed Vick out of high school at something like 4.23, Vince Young at a low 4.4, Reggie Bush at 4.3 and none of those times were accurate at all. The guys timing them usually give them the benefit of crossing the line sooner and human error comes into play.

I'd bet my and my families lives that he didnt run a clean 4.28

I never said anything about accuracy. I was illustrating that someone who is sitting at a computer, whistling out their *** can't really discredit something that is reported on a radio. Whether or not he can run a 4.28, a 4.35, or a 4.5 on any other track is irrelevant to my point.

I accept that some times are miscalculated, but that still doesn't prove anything. I'm not sure where you got your times from -- Vince ran a 4.5 flat at the Nike Pro camp coming out of HS...He weighed 195 lbs...At 230 lbs at his pro day, didn't he run a 4.57? So it's possible that time could have been correct. Not sure about Reggie.

Guys, I think you're missing my point anyway. I didn't say he did run it -- I said you can't prove that he didn't run it with no factual evidence and basing the entire thing purely on assumption and intuition.

Seriously those times are never ever ever right.

Didn't they also say Ginn ran about a 4.25 or something, Michael Vick ran a 4.2 and Marcus was faster :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, but Marcus was running away from McDonalds with a gun in his waistband of his pants, police in close pursuit.
:sidelol:

Fabian Washington's electronically recorded time at the 2005 combine was 4.25. Also, just because draft websites have some old, possibly inaccurate 40 time, why does that have to be his max? Vernon Davis drastically improved his 40 time from midway through his college career to the combine. I believe, at one point Athletes Performance had him as a registered 4.6...he ran a 4.38 I believe, proving that athletes can drastically increase their times with the correct training and conditioning.

I never said anything about accuracy. I was illustrating that someone who is sitting at a computer, whistling out their *** can't really discredit something that is reported on a radio. Whether or not he can run a 4.28, a 4.35, or a 4.5 on any other track is irrelevant to my point.

I accept that some times are miscalculated, but that still doesn't prove anything. I'm not sure where you got your times from -- Vince ran a 4.5 flat at the Nike Pro camp coming out of HS...He weighed 195 lbs...At 230 lbs at his pro day, didn't he run a 4.57? So it's possible that time could have been correct. Not sure about Reggie.

Guys, I think you're missing my point anyway. I didn't say he did run it -- I said you can't prove that he didn't run it with no factual evidence and basing the entire thing purely on assumption and intuition.

We can't prove he didn't run it. You can't prove he did. What is your point?

If we could only post about things we knew as fact, I'd imagine there would be little to no activity on these boards.

Hey, lets end the arguement about 40 times... it really goes no where...

Lets get back to Walker. He is 6'2 200lbs. He needs to probably add 10-15 more pounds in the NFL, but he has the frame for it. The NFL wont have trouble beefing him up a little.

Other than that, and not being a burner... he has all the tools. And if he has been working on speed conditioning and has got his speed up... then I would spend a 3rd round pick on this kid. He is great at going up for a ball and catching the ball with his hands... as he was routinely double and triple teamed. Yet, he was still 4th in the Nation in receptions. Everyone knew they were going to throw to him, and it didnt matter. He also has no problem going across the middle.

On top of it all, he is a hard worker and spends alot of time in the film room.

If he can run in the low 4.4s... he will break into Day 1.

Yeah man not shooting the messenger or anything...I think it was cool that you took the time to post something you heard on the radio because many people obviously didn't get a chance to listen. I was just trying to cool the enthusiasm a little bit.

That said, I don't think he will run in the 4.3's and would be shocked if he ran below 4.45. I've followed this kid quite a bit and I'm a pretty big fan, but I just don't think he is anywhere near as fast as Timmons claimed.

And remember the Ismail brothers, Rocket and Missile? What impact did they make on the NFL. We had Quadry the Missile, and I don't think he even had a reception while he was on the roster. The only fast guy I've seen make an impact in the NFL lately is Devin Hester. And he is a kick returner for the time being. Don't know if he can run routes and catch in traffic at WR in the NFL. But he can stroll On kickoff returns.

:dolphins:

Tell you why...ok, the fastest time ever electronically recorded at the NFL Combine is a 4.33 by Fabian Washington from what I understand. So out of nowhere, a receiver who NFL draft sites have running in the mid 4.5's runs a legitimate 4.28? I think you are the one who needs to tell me why I should believe this.

Also, no one "reported" it. A player said it on the radio.

nope, Hill the DB from last years draft ran a 4.32

Ok bro that's not the point, Hysterikill already pointed out that I was wrong on Washington's time. My whole point is that Walker didn't run 4.28.

And we've already established that...

Let it go... lol :wink:

And we've already established that...

Let it go... lol :wink:

I'm not sitting here talking to myself. People are quoting me and I am responding. And I did comment earlier in the thread on the fact that 40 time aside, I like Walker as a receiver.

I'm not sitting here talking to myself. People are quoting me and I am responding. And I did comment earlier in the thread on the fact that 40 time aside, I like Walker as a receiver.

I'm just giving you a hard time... lol

The NFL corrects times...

Chad Jackson ran a 4.27 last year, but it was corrected to a 4.35.

Just a little FYI... Fabian Washington is reported to have run a 4.29 according to the Raiders website while Wiki says 4.28 and the NFL website says 4.32.. so..

Had a buddy on my middle school track team that ran a 100m in just under twelve seconds once. For anybody who isn't up to doing the conversions, that's roughly a 4.4 forty yard dash. If a boy in 7th grade can run a 4.4, why can't a fully developed man who looks to be a pro athlete run a 4.28? Also, for anybody who's curious, the world record in the 100m extrapolates to a 3.5 forty yard dash and the guy who owns the record has done it three times.

Btw, Yamon Figurs reportedly also ran a sub-4.3 time before his senior year. If he can do that again he's probably an early second day pick.

Back
Top Bottom