WVDolphan's "Get Real" Today's subject - NFL Replay System | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WVDolphan's "Get Real" Today's subject - NFL Replay System

Overall performance of the team, coaches, FO so far this season. Titled "something is missing". I may try and crank it out tonight as well. But, damn that one took a while. I dont get paid for this ****. :lol: I need to get some sleep eventually too and I like responding to other posts.

Were obviously a pretty good team, yet something is missing. We cant seem to beat good teams, and honestly, thats what good teams do......beat other good teams sometimes.
ya dont worry man, no one is expecting it tonight, u have the whole week.

also, as u said we r a good team, i agree 100 percent. that is wat pisses me off. it would be one thing to be 3-3 and be able to look in the mirror and realize we r just an ok team at best and our record indicates wat we rlly r, but the thing that ticks me off is that we r a good team, but just get so ****in conservative every game and dont close teams out when given the chance.

henning needs to go obviously but thats been stated a billion times, i think sparano has all the players respect and all, but if we cant salvage a playoff spot by years end, or at least go 10-6 or better, i may start to question him. i mean, at the end of the day he is the head coach, and i dont understand why if hennings playcalling is so bad, he does not overrule it.

we have players, we are a good team, i just want to see this team ****in succeed in my lifetime. i have been a diehard fan for 11 years now and aside from the colts playoff win, although i was still young then, i have only seen ****in misery after misery.

i want to get back to the days of ****in dominating teams, not playing the final few weeks of the season seriously due to having things wrapped up, being a team that people fear, etc.

i think the dolphins, since we will end up getting ****ed over in the end no matter wat, they should play all out now, and be ****in aggressive. i want this team to ****in be gutsy, take risks, hit people in the mouths, and dont worry about getting flagged. just for once show everyone we r not to be messed with and go on a ****in role once in for all. i am getting restless.

I will be happy if just a few people read the whole thing and find humor in a couple parts. Mainly, Id like to see some support for getting rid of that ****ing horrible song they play during the replays.[/QUOTE]

To be honest I hardly noticed the song. My ears were ringing and my head was throbing with unrelenting madness. I knew the call wasn't going to be pretty. After the kick return and the ensueing plays my cuzzing and screaming left my ears with permanent damage. My wife walked in the house moments before the call, I am sure she was at that point asking herself what the hell she was married to.

That's one thing that I've noticed. In no game this season have we "dominated". It's been a struggle in EVERY game we've played. We couldn't even put up 20 points on the Bills.

I doubt that many people bother to read the ****ing thing. After all, its quite a few paragraphs, and READING IS HARD!

16a5tuojpg-1.gif

Fellow phins fans, STOP WHINING ABOUT THAT CALL!!!!!! You guys act like that call cost us the game. It didnt. For a couple of reasons.

1) Lets say they get the call right. Phins ball at the 20, 2:30 or so remaining, Steelers have 3 timeouts. We all know what is going to happen here.

Handoff for nothing....timeout Steelers. Handoff for nothing.....Timeout Steelers. 3rd down is either A) Incomplete, B) Intercepted, C) another run for no gain and a TO Steelers, or D) a short pass to Bess or dumpoff short of the 1st down marker. Phins punt.

Steelers get the ball with at least 2 minutes left and a timeout, or more than 2 minutes and no timeouts. From there the Steelers pull some straight bull**** out of their ***, probably include a miraculous play on a 4th down.

Eventually, at some point in the drive, ****ing Hines Ward catches a big play(25-30 yards or so) to set the Steelers up in FG range. After doing so, he does that stupid little dance thing he does where he kinda bends and sticks his *** out, looking like he wants to take it in the ***, and make you want to punch him in his god damned face. I ****ing hate Hines Ward. ****ing cheap shot artist. Ive never seen a guy get so much credit for being a good blocker when all he does is lay big hits on people in bad positions to get a cheap shot laid on them.

Steelers kick FG, BOOM, they win.

Dont act like you dont ****ing know thats what wouldve went down. So quit ****ing crying about it already.

If this is your opinion, then I don't know why you watch football

Great post WV. I do have to disagree with you on one thing though.
That call did cost us the game, because we simply can't foretell what would have happened next. We know we stopped them. We know we got the ball back without allowing points. But that call gave them the points they needed to win, while taking away the fact that we, up to that point we had made enough plays and had defended the end-zone enough times to win.
Should we have made more plays to win? Under the circumstances of course. But football is about getting what you can get aginst the other team, not about being forced into getting more by a****** officials.

i'm convinced had we been awarded the ball off the fumble on the touchback and had the ball 1st and 10 at the 20 that henning would have ran the ball 3 times into a brick wall and we would have punted leaving the steelers plenty of time to move the ball down the field for the winning field goal

no doubt in my mind that henning would have ran the ball even against goalline defense 3 straight times...guys awful and he's killing....errr killed our season

Good post. Like you said we are a pretty good team but something is missing. We don't put teams away and let them hang in. I look back to three seasons ago...we pretty much were the same type of team...we kept the game close and tried to win at the end...and we went 11-5 but had a pretty weak schedule. We also had no injuries that year and ran the ball pretty good.

We have had a lot of injuries this season. We play a tougher schedule and our running game isn't that good. Ronnie Brown is not 100% and dances way too much. I would give Ricky Williams the ball 20-25 times a game...even though he fumbles a lot. I can clearly see that Ricky hits the hole and gets out of the hole much quicker than Ronnie. He has better vision than Ronnie. Ronnie has had a lot of injuries through his career and has slowed him down.

We need a play making TE as well. What's missing is some pieces that keep us from putting teams away...a good running game and a bad TE who can't win one on one battles in the middle of the field. We have a bad 3rd down defense...we never can stop an offense on 3rd down and the biggest problem is this team give the other team a short field to work with because our special teams suck and can't cover nobody. We need to start play some of our starters on special teams coverage.
so yeah we have a lot of reasons why we can't put teams away and special teams is probably the biggest reason right now.

Overall performance of the team, coaches, FO so far this season. Titled "something is missing". I may try and crank it out tonight as well. But, damn that one took a while. I dont get paid for this ****. :lol: I need to get some sleep eventually too and I like responding to other posts.

Were obviously a pretty good team, yet something is missing. We cant seem to beat good teams, and honestly, thats what good teams do......beat other good teams sometimes.

Good post! And I agree about the good team comment. Many are saying this team is mediocre because of the record but I disagree. But I also agree that there is something miss as you said.

One thing (and I know you aren't a big Henne fan) is I think the coaches are holding the team back, not Henne. Its pretty evident they wanna play the game 'close to the vest'. No taking chances even with marshall in the redzone and its frustrating. Sundays game was even more frustrating because any Dolphin fan could see once they got in FG range they were SUPER conservative. You just knew they were kicking FGs...the steelers D didn't even need to be on the field. I'm a Penn State football fan, it reminds me of the way they gameplan. Instead of going for it, they run run run into the line, hope to kick FGs and try to win 13-10 playing defense. Its aggravating and even more aggravating because I see a similar approach with the Dolphins now.

On point again WV. Sporano Specials don't help us. I missed part of the fist quater and couldn't understand the 6-0 score. I understand taking the points but I also agree that 3-0 and/or 6-0 at that point of the game is the same ****. The coaching staff needs to grow a set and ****in go for it. Watching that game almost ruined a good time for me in SF. Now that I look back I think we did get hosed on that call. But the whole time, I thought to myself instead of taking sporano special's we need to get TD's.

The thing that gets me is there were 3 ref's looking for the ball, the call they made should have been the determiner(?). The NFL say's "the most important aspect is to follow the ball", why be in such a hurry to tell us the "official call" that you fail to follow the play to conclusion? After EVERY fumble there is a call for one of the teams, right or wrong, why not this one? We still might have lost due to our philosophy 'not to lose' rather than go out and win, but the game would have been decided by the players not the administrators.

Back
Top Bottom