WVDolphan's Get Real - Today's subject "Noodle on THIS!!!" | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WVDolphan's Get Real - Today's subject "Noodle on THIS!!!"

huh? What are you basing that on? His 4 games above 500 for his nfl career? The team surrounding pennington isnt good enough.
i am basing it on the fact that qbs a lot worse then penny have won/ made superbowls, so y cant u with penny?

As i said, he wont carry u on his shoulders and throw for 4 tds and 350 yds a game, but with the right team, he can deff be a part of a superbowl team.

Ive stated all along Sparano is an idiot, but I dont know what Im talking about. Ive also asked repeatedly where Irelands responsibility lays in standing pat at TE among many other mistakes.

Not sure if Sparano is an idiot, but it does appear that he may have made an idiotic move or two that put him in the position he's in right now. As for Irelands and his role in all this, I applaud you for bringing that up. It's topic that, frankly, is not discussed enough on this board (other than the typical and empty "he sucks" comment)

I dont think there is any good shot we make the playoffs at this point. The way I see it, we need to win 11 games, and I dont think that happens if we had Tom Brady. We already dug too much of a hole.

But, the thing I do like about this move is it has given me some excitement. Damnit, I cant wait for Sunday now. The last few weeks since we lost to NE and I pretty much knew we were finished this year, I just havent been too excited about watching this stagnet offense take the field.

Noodle though, I can get behind that dude. I still dont get how some phins fans hate on that guy. He's such a great person and a true leader. He's like little mac in Mike Tysons punchout. Its just hard not to like him.

Im excited to see this team take the field and I hope we can string together some wins with Pennington in there. I just feel like he will give this team some energy out there and produce some points. If he dosent, were screwed, but were likely screwed anyway and we definately werent going to win anything with Chad Henne the rest of the way.

penny is a great person but he does nothing for our future...i'm glad you are excited about the rest of the season...me i'm looking forward to the draft and seeing just how far south penny takes my draft slot and how much harder its gonna be for me to get into a franchise qbs range

among all the other damn needs this team has...

I don't know offhand, but if I had to guess, Kolb has about 6 NFL starts in 4 years.

There's a huge difference between what happened to Kolb this year and what just happened to Henne:
1) with just a handful of starts under his belt, he's still essentially a rookie in terms of experience. He's not midway through his evaluation period (like Henne is)
2) Kolb got hurt, and his replacement went in and promptly began producing at an All Pro level.

Had Henne gotten hurt and been replaced by a red hot Pennington, that would have been a totally different scenario, but that's not what happened here.

LOL. I knew you would say this. One problem though. After Kolb got hurt, Vick got hurt, Kolb came back in and won, yet still hit the bench for Vick again. Your man Andy Reid is all over the place. Or maybe he feels Vick is just the better QB. These qb's are evaluated in practice every day as well, when none of us are there.

OK. So Hugo swears by 30 starts to evaluate a qb ala Andy Reid. Yet Andy is starting Mike Vick. Im confused.

Just responded to that. You're comparing apples to oranges. But hey, if it fits your opinion, go ahead and run with it, right?

this decision frankly has burned my last bridge with any of them...the oc calls wildcat 17 damn times for 26 yards the first 4 weeks and kills drives like a bullet in the brain and the hc keeps letting it happen and we play for fgs every damn game with the playcalling and the kid who doesn't fit the o's ****ty system takes the heat...

meanwhile my draft slot goes south everytime penny who does nothing for us for the future or stabilizes the position long term hangs a few more w's for the hcs resume

pathetic

clear.gif

It's an indicator of upside... and how NFL teams, General Managers, and professional talent evaluators viewed each individual prospect...

So wait.....talent scouts grade out prospects in college? And then in turn draft them based on how talented they view the player? Thats how the transition between college and the NFL is made? ....wow total mind blow....thanks again Slim.....I just didnt know they were 100% accurate, or even 50% accurate. I cant wait for next year, our top 15 pick is going to be sweet and have so much upside.......I bet he makes the probowl.....Thanks!

LOL. I knew you would say this. One problem though. After Kolb got hurt, Vick got hurt, Kolb came back in and won, yet still hit the bench for Vick again. Your man Andy Reid is all over the place. Or maybe he feels Vick is just the better QB. These qb's are evaluated in practice every day as well, when none of us are there.

You're right to a certain extent, but again, Kolb only has a handful of starts in his career. He's not midway or more towards a full evaluation.

Moreover, Pennington is not a guy that has stepped in and put up All Pro numbers. Instead, he's a guy that hasn't played in over a year and put up very pedestrian numbers in his last 4 starts.

How are you not taking that into account? You don't see a huge difference there?

i am basing it on the fact that qbs a lot worse then penny have won/ made superbowls, so y cant u with penny?

As i said, he wont carry u on his shoulders and throw for 4 tds and 350 yds a game, but with the right team, he can deff be a part of a superbowl team.
and like i just stated, the team around Penny is far from SB calibre.

penny is a great person but he does nothing for our future...i'm glad you are excited about the rest of the season...me i'm looking forward to the draft and seeing just how far south penny takes my draft slot and how much harder its gonna be for me to get into a franchise qbs range

among all the other damn needs this team has...

im laughing at you for looking forward to the draft. thats like saying im looking forward to us scoring tds. sounds good but there will be no results.

You're right to a certain extent, but again, Kolb only has a handful of starts in his career. He's not midway or more towards a full evaluation.

Moreover, Pennington is not a guy that has stepped in and put up All Pro numbers. Instead, he's a guy that hasn't played in over a year and put up very pedestrian numbers in his last 4 starts.

How are you not taking that into account? You don't see a huge difference there?

Believe me, Im not supporting this move to Penny one bit. Its a copout. Im also not surprised in the least from this regime. For guys who talk the talk they sure take the easy way out all too often.

I dont think there is any good shot we make the playoffs at this point. The way I see it, we need to win 11 games, and I dont think that happens if we had Tom Brady. We already dug too much of a hole.

But, the thing I do like about this move is it has given me some excitement. Damnit, I cant wait for Sunday now. The last few weeks since we lost to NE and I pretty much knew we were finished this year, I just havent been too excited about watching this stagnet offense take the field.

Noodle though, I can get behind that dude. I still dont get how some phins fans hate on that guy. He's such a great person and a true leader. He's like little mac in Mike Tysons punchout. Its just hard not to like him.

Im excited to see this team take the field and I hope we can string together some wins with Pennington in there. I just feel like he will give this team some energy out there and produce some points. If he dosent, were screwed, but were likely screwed anyway and we definately werent going to win anything with Chad Henne the rest of the way.

god I hope none of the players in that locker room think like you do

I want a goddamn championship, Pennington won't get it done that's for sure.
Might as ****ing well let henne devellop and give him time/experience... or have we thrown the towel yet ?

have we really thrown the towel on a young quarterback with, what... 20 starts in the NFL, to save a rookie head coach who was an offensive line coach before, and an offensive coordinator who... **** I don't need to elaborate on henning we all know he ****ing blows more than Shyla Stylez

did we really do that ? **** yeah we did
is that what this fanbase and this organization wants ? to settle for "short term" excitement ? to watch 1 funky wildcat play work out of 284 ? to watch us hunt the wildcard and fall short ? to be the "guys to watch out for" while we all know we'll **** it up ?

**** this **** , at this pace, I'm better off watching the WSOP, I have a bigger chance of seeing another french canadian win it than seeing the lombardi trophy in Miami :rolleyes:

OK. So Hugo swears by 30 starts to evaluate a qb ala Andy Reid. Yet Andy is starting Mike Vick. Im confused.

Hugo is actually correct about this argument being apples and oranges.

Henne got flat out benched. Kolb was the starter, got injured, and his replacement began playing the best football of his career and more or less played at an MVP level. Its difficult to want to go back and put Kolb in after those performances by Vick.

So wait.....talent scouts grade out prospects in college? And then in turn draft them based on how talented they view the player? Thats how the transition between college and the NFL is made? ....wow total mind blow....thanks again Slim.....I just didnt know they were 100% accurate, or even 50% accurate. I cant wait for next year, our top 15 pick is going to be sweet and have so much upside.......I bet he makes the probowl.....Thanks!

our top 15 pick is going to be a lineman of some sort. carry on.........

you're talking to people who like to scout players...of course there are some misses...but man especially with the skill position players its not that damn hard...rbs wrs tes PLAYMAKERS...something we don't spend any picks on worth a damn

Back
Top Bottom