WVDolphan's Get Real - Today's subject "Noodle on THIS!!!" | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WVDolphan's Get Real - Today's subject "Noodle on THIS!!!"

No he's not... not even close.

The ONLY thing Chad Henne has on Mark Sanchez is about 3% more arm strength... Sanchez is better at literally ever aspect of playing the position, with even more room to grow than Chad Henne.

Which is why Chad Henne was passed up 56 times after starting 4 years at an NFL QB factory like Michigan... and Sanchez was only passed up 4 times despite only starting 1 year in college.. and had teams fighting with each other trying to trade up to secure him (Redskins, Jets, etc.)..

What if I said that both of you are wrong?

It's too early to tell if either Henne or Sanchez will end up being franchise-caliber QBs at the NFL level (gasp!)

Moreover, it's too early to tell which one will have the better NFL career (gasp!)

Until those two scenarios play themselves out, it's impossible to definitely state which one of the two QBs is "more gifted"
Crazy thought, huh.

The ONLY thing Chad Henne has on Mark Sanchez is about 3% more arm strength... Sanchez is better at literally ever aspect of playing the position, with even more room to grow than Chad Henne.

Which is why Chad Henne was passed up 56 times after starting 4 years at an NFL QB factory like Michigan... and Sanchez was only passed up 4 times despite only starting 1 year in college.. and had teams fighting with each other trying to trade up to secure him (Redskins, Jets, etc.)..

i won't argue the point that sanchez has better overall tools than henne but tom brady was passed up what like 150 plus times in his draft...good qbs get passed up...it happens

he has the physical tools imo...yes...i realize there's a lot more to the position than that

There's definitely more to the position than physical tools, but frankly, I'm not sure that Henne has all of the physical tools (yet anyway). For example, his touch passes are still inconsistent at best.

In the end, the only objective way to assess whether he has the tools (mental or physical) is to let him play more.

I respect anyone and everyone for bettering themselves through school no matter how or when they do it. Getting a degree at 18 however does not require less moxy, it requires growing up and taking responsibility for your future sooner. It requires (in many cases) balancing social life with work and school. Something many who put college on the back burner were not able to do. Those people instead wait until they have knocked up a girl, married her, and then go back to school after working at a dead end job for 5 years and realizing they want more in life. This in no way takes away from the difficulty of going to school in someones 30's because that provides a whole different group of challenges.

To be honest I was not mocking his going back to school. I am mocking his flamboyant parading around like a clown saying im right and your wrong. (Not very 33 and wife and kid of him). Every week we listen to WV's thought of the week, where he thinks highly enough of his scouting and football knowledge to educate the rest of the ignorant masses on here.
On a side note, congrats on getting your education.....just try to be a little less pompus when proclaiming your football beliefs

For the record, and after this I would appreciate if we stuck to football and quit worrying about my personal matters, I already have an education. Im going back for a second degree. I am changing careers. It had nothing to do with not being able to balance social life and studies at the same time. Also I didnt knock a girl up and then marry her.

You should really refrain from talking about my personal life when you really are ignorant about it. You simply dont know me. Moreso than that, it just isnt polite. I never brought it up other than to speak of how I discovered the news of Henne being benched. And even then, I never went into detail about it. I simply stated my project partner for that class informed me of the news as we began to work. You *******s took it from there.

And Chad Henne ****ing blows. And you can run and tell that homeboy!

For the record, and after this I would appreciate if we stuck to football and quit worrying about my personal matters, I already have an education. Im going back for a second degree. I am changing careers. It had nothing to do with not being able to balance social life and studies at the same time. Also I didnt knock a girl up and then marry her.

You should really refrain from talking about my personal life when you really are ignorant about it. You simply dont know me. Moreso than that, it just isnt polite. I never brought it up other than to speak of how I discovered the news of Henne being benched. And even then, I never went into detail about it. I simply stated my project partner for that class informed me of the news as we began to work. You *******s took it from there.

And Chad Henne ****ing blows. And you can run and tell that homeboy!

Man, for a guy that loves to make fun of people, you sure are touchy.

Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house. nuck, nuck, nuck...

Well Hugo, I stated prior to the season this isnt a a playoff team. 8 games will prove me wrong or right. thats black and white. Since you self admittedly dont follow college qb's, and Slimm lives and breathes College ball, Ill take his qb assessmnet skills over yours all day. Thats not meant to be an insult. The more I watch Matt Ryan, the more I listen to current and ex NFL coaches rave about this kid, the more I realize how some people were right. Its pretty simple. This franchise hasnt had a qb since Marino, thus illustrating quite painfully how hard it is to find one. So when theres one on the board that has a chance to be a very good one, you tighten up your sphincter, and you pull the trigger. You dont keep shopping in the discount bin for one. Do you think Brian Billick knows offense? If so, I encourage you to go and check out his comments regarding Ryan on NFL Network.

There's definitely more to the position than physical tools, but frankly, I'm not sure that Henne has all of the physical tools (yet anyway). For example, his touch passes are still inconsistent at best.

In the end, the only objective way to assess whether he has the tools (mental or physical) is to let him play more.

i agree with that...i mean we had to have given him thru the end of this year at least

Who else is watching the Matty Ice game tonight? It will be interesting to see if he can stretch that 17-1 home record as a starter to 18-1 vs. a tough Ravens team. It will be interesting to see if he outperforms Henne against the very same competition Henne played against last week.

slimm and ricky tell me this...can you in your opinion win a championship with chad pennington as your starting qb???

point blank yes or no

you already know my answer

It's too early to tell if either Henne or Sanchez will end up being franchise-caliber QBs at the NFL level (gasp!)

Moreover, it's too early to tell which one will have the better NFL career (gasp!)

Until those two scenarios play themselves out, it's impossible to definitely state which one of the two QBs is "more gifted"
Crazy thought, huh.

but you cant be wrong Hugo, because you wont state anything definitive about either qb or the Miami Dolphins. wait and see is great and all when you arent the one that may stand to lose your job if after you have waited Henne still is mediocre.

Who else is watching the Matty Ice game tonight? It will be interesting to see if he can stretch that 17-1 home record as a starter to 18-1 vs. a tough Ravens team. It will be interesting to see if he outperforms Henne against the very same competition Henne played against last week.
ill be watching of course, i love football. i think matt ryan will throw for 285 yds and 2 tds.

**** I forgot draft position is the indicator as to who is more gifted.....I can even believe how far Brady was passed up being from such a QB powerhouse (who else you refering to?)......thanks for clearing that up for me.........Now that I get it, make sure you contact a huge # of people who get paid to analyze this sport.

To clarify to those who wouldnt understand, I am not saying Henne is playing well, or better than Pennington right now. Nor is he even in the same short story as Tom Brady.

slimm and ricky tell me this...can you in your opinion win a championship with chad pennington as your starting qb???

point blank yes or no

you already know my answer

of course not. im not happy about this move, but you also know my feelings on this regime. they dont think they need a high level qb to win, which makes even less sense now that the NFL has created rules that emphasize passing.

matt ryan is a good qb...no argument from me...

Crazy thought, huh.

For the last time... it's too early for YOU, Guzman... to tell..

For YOU.. it's too early.. because you don't ever know what you're talking about... period.

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

i won't argue the point that sanchez has better overall tools than henne but tom brady was passed up what like 150 plus times in his draft...good qbs get passed up...it happens

Tom Brady must've been wearing a fanny pack at his workouts...

Back
Top Bottom