WVDolphan's Get Real - Today's subject "Noodle on THIS!!!" | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WVDolphan's Get Real - Today's subject "Noodle on THIS!!!"

Gee.. is there enough personal attacks going on or what. Like people here are personally responsible for the switch.

The way I see it, if Ronnie was running better than Ricky? Then people will want Ronnie.. And vice versa. If Wallace was playing better than Hartline, then people would want Wallace. It happens every year at every position. Is this a step backwards. Long term yes. But if anyone who follows football certainly knows, it's a "what have you done for me lately league." Henne wasn't scoring points. Sounds like Marshall was even displeased. I wouldn't be surprised of other players privately had murmurs of wanting locker-room favorite Pennington as well.

It's funny.. 2 years ago people were clamoring that Pennington was our savior leading us to the playoffs. Yes we collapsed in the payoffs.. so does Peyton manning and I don't see anyone not calling him great. remember Marinos last game? it happens folks.

I want to be clear. I am a Dolphin fan first.. player fan way way after. I want to win. I want to win now. If the guy isn't getting it done.. and Henne wasn't despite being 4-4, something has to be done.

We will be bringing in another QB to compete. If Thigpen, or Henne or anyone else we bring in can't get it done then at least Penny brings us the experience and stability, and more importantly the player respect at that position.

Respect is something you command by results, not something you demand. Henne needs to earn it. And stop crying for Christ sake!

Well well well. The news mustve just broke as I left home earlier today. I sit down with my project parter for Mgt. class, who happens to be a Steeler fan, and he informs me of the news that the coaches have finally grown a brain. :lol:

First lets talk about what the move means for the phins.

It means we are now officially back in the running. Dont sleep on Noodle leading this team to some clutch victories. Its a shame we didnt start the season with him. If we had, we could be in a better spot right now. But, it gives us new life. No longer is it doom and gloom for me. I believe in this team with Noodle at QB.

It also means the coaches know their jobs are at stake and they arent going to wait around watching Henne blow any longer. They know it was a goof to pass on Matty Ice and now they are trying to win as many games as they can to end the season. They know Noodle gives them the best chance of making a run.

It means this teams offense could be legit. I will discuss that more in a moment. Let me get to Chad Henne.

This move means Henne is finished. There is no turning back now. If and when this team is eliminated from any playoff chance, look for them to possible throw Thigpen in there and check him out a bit. The coaches have obviously seen enough of Chad Henne, as have I. This move ironically comes within 2 days of me adding Henne to my completely blows list in my sig. Yea, Hugo had me sippin the kool aid a bit last week, not drinking that ****, I knew better. You guys gotta quit trying to make me be nice. I know when I know something. I knew Chad Henne wasnt the answer after last season. The first two games this year confirmed it for me. In fact, I wanted to start Noodle to begin the year.

And all of you who still want to argue about the Matty Ice thing...........just drop it already. Its not even close. WVDolphan prevails again. We will see who sticks around, and of those who do, who gives the nod and who just sweeps the whole thing under the rug as if it didnt happen.

Now lets talk about Noodle and the positive impact he will have on our offense.

Noodle will hit players in stride with precision passes, allowing them to make plays after the catch.

No more shell coverages. Noodle will attack that **** with ease and laser like precision all the way down the field.

Wanna come up and move 8 in the box, suggesting Noodle cant get it down the field.......TRY IT. I ****ing dare you. Keep sleeping on Noodle. First of all, Noodle as he always have, will slice you downfield between the hashes at ranges of 20-30 yards.

But, more importantly, now with Brandon Marshall, Noodle will take advantage of his straight downfield abilities. While most of you have been on here talking about how Marshall isnt a deep threat, of course being clueless, the fact remains that Chad Henne cant throw the deep ball despite having a stronger arm. Im telling you right now that if Marshall gets 1-1 on the outside, Noodle will lob it to him downfield on the sidelines and Marshall will make a play on the ball. It might not be real pretty, but it will damn sure be effective. Henne didnt have the skills to take advantage of this. Noodle does.

So bring whatever defense you want. With the real threat out there at WR, Noodle will flurish in this offense. He will slice and dice and he will get it deep to Marshall if you try to stack the box. He will also slice you down the seems with Fasano or Hartline and Bess. Look for Bess to get a ton of catches once Pennington opens things up and spreads out the D. Or if those fools are still going to play shell like the did on Henne. Bess will be givin opportunities to make plays after the catch with Noodle dropping them in there on a dime to him.

Oh yea. Things just got interesting folks. There is new life in this team. I feel like a Pheonix. Rising. From Arizona!!!!!

Lets go kick some Tennessee ***.

And Vaark. Where ya AT!!!!! Where is your ant snorting self? Present youself fool. I know you havent been on with your Henne haters no leg to stand on BS. So where you at with your Noodle hating? Noodle haters.....no pasta to twirl your fork on after this week pal.

Henne..........he's finished pal. He has always been trash. WVDolphan- money all along. As usual. Shouldve had Matty Ice and Noodle like I said in February of 08.

But, oh well. It is what it is. Im excited to see this team play with a decent QB this week and in weeks to come. Hopefully these guys will grow a brain and trade whatever picks they have to in order to draft Andrew Luck. Im hoping Buffalo wins enough games to get out of that top spot. If Dallas gets it, we could definately make a move to get him. We will see.

In the meantime, enjoy some wins coming our way boys. Enjoy some OFFENSE. TOUCHDOWNS. Brandon Marshall making big plays. Its all coming. Get ready. As Randy Moss would say........ its going to be a fun ride. :up:

And where you at Vaark!!!!

Jeez you're a fool. It's almost humorous

Your 33 and in Mgt Class?........Yes WVDolphan prevails again.....getting a B on his Mgt Test

All the debate going on in this thread and you rip a guy for going back to school and bettering himself? Grow up! It takes more moxy to get a degree at his age, with a wife, kid and other responsibilities then it does as a 18yr old kid! You Henne fluffers have no bounds to live in LaLa Land! Henne blows and the sooner we move on the better! Same crap QB from Michigan to present! How many games do you guys want to throw away on this form? I know we are all hates because we have been saying the obvious since preseason!

Goddamnit. Have you ever made a post where you didn't ****ing whiff?

Find the other thread where I addressed this "I'm right" mentality that you'll swear by. It's not a "LOOK AT ME" it's a "LOOK AT YOU." Be an objective fan for ****s sake and stop being so blindly loyal to guys who aren't getting it done. I'm not good at watching college QB's and determining whether or not they'll make it at the next level. Never claimed to be. But it's really not that difficult to turn on my TV or go sit in the stands at the stadium and say, "Man, this Chad Henne guy just isn't that good. I think it's time for a change."

You're making it out to be way more difficult.

How exactly do you define "blindly loyal"?

Have you ever seen me or anyone else on this board say that Henne is a Pro Bowler in the making? Moreover, I (and many others) agree that Pennington should and will likely produce more than Henne did.

What me and others have said and continue to say is that:
a) Henne should have been given more time (21 starts is not enough of a sample size, it's less than a season and a half)
b) If the idea was to go with the guy that would produce more in this offense (e.g. Pennington) then they should have started him since Week 1, not in Week 10
c) That this move, which is clearly of the "win now" and/or "save our jobs" variety, could set back the franchise at the QB position for years to come (unless they go ahead an draft a QB in the first round of the 2011 draft)

Also, I know that you're smart enough to realize that the difference between "look at me" and "look at you" is simply semantics. It's the same thing...and insistence on caring more about whether you're right than about discussing the team.

You may not want to recognize that, but it's very obvious that you, WV, and others engage in that behavior all of the time and rationalize it by calling it "being objective" or "being a realist"

But an objective observer is much more likely to admit that while it's possible that Henne is not a legit NFL quarterback and never will be, it's also very possible that 21 starts is not enough of a sample size.

If you don't agree with that statement, well then, you've simply proven my original point.

Last edited by a moderator:
How exactly do you define "blindly loyal"?

Have you ever seen me or anyone else on this board say that Henne is a Pro Bowler in the making? Moreover, I (and many others) agree that Pennington should and will likely produce more than Henne did.

What me and others have said and continue to say is that:
a) Henne should have been given more time (21 starts is not enough of a sample size, it's less than a season and a half)
b) If the idea was to go with the guy that would produce more in this offense (e.g. Pennington) then they should have started him since Week 1, not in Week 10
c) That this move, which is clearly of the "win now" and/or "save our jobs" variety, could set back the franchise at the QB position for years to come (unless they go ahead an draft a QB in the first round of the 2011 draft)

Also, I know that you're smart enough to realize that the difference between "look at me" and "look at you" is simply semantics. It's the same thing...and insistence on caring more about whether you're right than about discussing the team.

You may not want to recognize that, but it's very obvious that you, WV, and others engage in that behavior all of the time and rationalize it by calling it "being objective" or "being a realist"

But an objective observer is much more likely to admit that while it's possible that Henne is not a legit NFL quarterback and never will be, it's also very possible that 21 starts is not enough of a sample size.

If you don't agree with that statement, well then, you've simply proven my original point.

Strike three - (hundred)....

Seriously...somebody put this gentleman out of his misery already....

Strike three - (hundred)....

Seriously...somebody put this gentleman out of his misery already....

If you say so. I may not be the smartest person in the world, but it seems like a whole lot of people disagree with that sentiment (and say as much on this forum) while the same little clique of users (including yourself) agree.

But hey, if it makes you feel better, more power to you.

Preseason has absolutely no relationship on the regular season. Don't be navie to toot your own horn. What was the lions preseason record when they went 0-16? I'm glad you along with many other posters would rather have you be right and have your team fail than vice-versa.

It's one thing to predict this team to be average. It's other thing to brag about you being right about it. It should digust you that we are average. Yet, you have the nerve to tell your own fans to eat crow. Pathetic approaching comical.
Wins and losses mean nothing in the pre season. But offensive efficiency sure matters. Anyone with two functioning eyes could see that Phins offense looked bad. There was a reason that genius Sparano left his franchise LT in for the 4th preseason game.

Hugo, you said Henne has the tools to be a franchise QB? this is correct right?

Nope. I don't think I did (but feel free to prove me wrong if you find that stated somewhere. I'll be humble enough to concede).

What I did say is that Henne has shown enough flashes of production to warrant a longer look. For example, he's got an extremely solid completion percentage and has been elite in terms of converting on third and long (the latter being the hallmark of a franchise QB).

P.S. I find it fascinating how the same handful of people are always thanking one another's posts on this board. You guys are so cute. Like a middle school clique. Oddly enough, it's that same little group that is always jocking me. Wonder why that is...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope. I don't think I did (but feel free to prove me wrong if you find that stated somewhere. I'll be humble enough to concede).

What I did say is that Henne has shown enough flashes of production to warrant a longer look. For example, he's got an extremely solid completion percentage and has been elite in terms of converting on third and long (the latter being the hallmark of a franchise QB).

P.S. I find it fascinating how the same handful of people are always thanking one another's posts on this board. You guys are so cute. Like a middle school clique. Oddly enough, it's that same little group that is always EXPOSING me. Wonder why that is...

Fixed...

Hugo, I distinctly recall many threads and comments from you that you were of the opinion he had the tools to become a franchise qb. Then when you and I came to a mutual understanding of what a franchise qb brings to the table, and how few and far between they are, you seemed to back away from that a bit. Im not really in the mood to scour the board to find these comments.

On a side note then, if we use your logic about 30 starts, does that mean John Beck still needs a bunch more NFL starts before an intelligent assessment can be made as to whether he has the goods?

Ill thank any posts I like btw. Ive talked a tonne of football with TedSlimm and his knowledge of the game is quite impressive. Much like me, he removes his heart from assessing the Miami Dolphins. What can I say, I respect that.

All the debate going on in this thread and you rip a guy for going back to school and bettering himself? Grow up! It takes more moxy to get a degree at his age, with a wife, kid and other responsibilities then it does as a 18yr old kid! You Henne fluffers have no bounds to live in LaLa Land! Henne blows and the sooner we move on the better! Same crap QB from Michigan to present! How many games do you guys want to throw away on this form? I know we are all hates because we have been saying the obvious since preseason!

I respect anyone and everyone for bettering themselves through school no matter how or when they do it. Getting a degree at 18 however does not require less moxy, it requires growing up and taking responsibility for your future sooner. It requires (in many cases) balancing social life with work and school. Something many who put college on the back burner were not able to do. Those people instead wait until they have knocked up a girl, married her, and then go back to school after working at a dead end job for 5 years and realizing they want more in life. This in no way takes away from the difficulty of going to school in someones 30's because that provides a whole different group of challenges.

To be honest I was not mocking his going back to school. I am mocking his flamboyant parading around like a clown saying im right and your wrong. (Not very 33 and wife and kid of him). Every week we listen to WV's thought of the week, where he thinks highly enough of his scouting and football knowledge to educate the rest of the ignorant masses on here.

Fact is anyone on here who believes Henne was the issue on this team is smoking crack. Fact is QBs outside of Dan Marino, take a long time to get it. They make mistakes and learn from them. Fact is most QBs have a FO and coaching staff behind them to instill confidence, rather than crucifying them for taking chances. Fact is Chad Henne is more gifted than Mark Sanchez, but Rex Ryan stood behind his guy on the terrible 5 turnover days.

Im not saying Henne is a good QB right now, or will ever be. I am saying that the losses this team have suffered have extremely little to do with Chad Henne, and if you know football you know that. That being said, by pulling Henne halfway through the year (the toughest part of the schedule by far), you do not let him work the kinks out, or gain confidence against lesser opponents. Sanchez gained confidence late last year (against bad teams or teams that pulled starters) and we all saw how he played in the playoffs. To honest we are 4-4 and are a longshot at the playoffs to start with. I would rather come up short with a young physically talented QB trying to learn, than come up short with an old often injured QB with half an arm in the twilight of his career.

If we make the playoffs I will concede it was a good decision, if we dont, it was rediculously stupid and a waste of a year of development for this team. This was a move of desparation for the coaches to save their jobs, and save themselves from losing the locker room.

On a side note, congrats on getting your education.....just try to be a little less pompus when proclaiming your football beliefs

Fact is Chad Henne is more gifted than Mark Sanchez

No he's not... not even close.

The ONLY thing Chad Henne has on Mark Sanchez is about 3% more arm strength... Sanchez is better at literally ever aspect of playing the position, with even more room to grow than Chad Henne.

Which is why Chad Henne was passed up 56 times after starting 4 years at an NFL QB factory like Michigan... and Sanchez was only passed up 4 times despite only starting 1 year in college.. and had teams fighting with each other trying to trade up to secure him (Redskins, Jets, etc.)..

Hugo, I distinctly recall many threads and comments from you that you were of the opinion he had the tools to become a franchise qb. Then when you and I came to a mutual understanding of what a franchise qb brings to the table, and how few and far between they are, you seemed to back away from that a bit. Im not really in the mood to scour the board to find these comments.

On a side note then, if we use your logic about 30 starts, does that mean John Beck still needs a bunch more NFL starts before an intelligent assessment can be made as to whether he has the goods?

Ill thank any posts I like btw. Ive talked a tonne of football with TedSlimm and his knowledge of the game is quite impressive. Much like me, he removes his heart from assessing the Miami Dolphins. What can I say, I respect that.

John Beck didn't produce at the level that Henne did early on. That's the difference. Not only did Henne put up better statistics. He also delivered game-winning drives in 1 out of ever 4 games he started.

Big difference, no?

P.S. What is the definition of "removing your heart from assessing the Miami Dolphins" in your opinion? Because it would appear that your definition of that phrase is closely aligned with assessing the Miami Dolphins based on your personal opinions about particularly players/coaches/etc. Slimm clearly decided that Henne was not an NFL QB some time ago (his opinion and he's definitely entitled to it). But if he (and you) were truly assessing the Dolphins while "removing your heart" you would recognize that a dissenting opinion (e.g. that it's too early to pass judgment on Henne after 21 starts) can be equally devoid of emotion/opinion, no? In fact, there have been various national pundits with no emotional tie to the Dolphins that have expressed both of these opinions, and yet somehow one is of the "removing your heart" variety while the other is not?

Hmm...

Back
Top Bottom