WVDolphan's Get Real - Today's subject "Noodle on THIS!!!" | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WVDolphan's Get Real - Today's subject "Noodle on THIS!!!"

What happened in preseason has nothing to do will what happened in this regular season. So you truly believe that the 2007 Lions flaws (they went 4-0) weren't exposed in the preseason, yet you saw the flaws in a completely medicore team. Sorry that seems a little unbelievable esp. since Henne looked like a god in the jacs game and our passing defense couldn't stop anyone. Two of which are not even close to the case this regular season. Wheather you think you are or aren't you tooting your own horn. Nobody cares what you thought in the preseason. Whether you thought were going to the super bowl or not winning a game, it just doesn't matter. So why bring it up unless for your own causes?

Who gives a **** if the Lions went 4-0 lol? I'm sure their flaws were very clear in the preseason as well. What happens in the preseason DOES carry over to the regular season. Believe that.

There have been games this season where our defense has smashed teams and then there have been games where our defense has gotten boatraced. But the defense overall in the preseason showed some promise. That has carried over into the regular season. It is a very promising defense. No one cares what anyone thinks. No one cares what I thought during the preseason and no one cares what I think now. Same goes for you and your opinions. That's how it is because everyone is right.

But at the end of the day you gotta take your glasses off and look at what's really there. It's not about me tooting my own horn. It's about me stating these flaws early on and trying to prepare people to deal with it in the regular season when it happens instead of ignoring it and then acting like crazy people.

Be an objective fan.

Who gives a **** if the Lions went 4-0 lol? I'm sure their flaws were very clear in the preseason as well. What happens in the preseason DOES carry over to the regular season. Believe that.

There have been games this season where our defense has smashed teams and then there have been games where our defense has gotten boatraced. But the defense overall in the preseason showed some promise. That has carried over into the regular season. It is a very promising defense. No one cares what anyone thinks. No one cares what I thought during the preseason and no one cares what I think now. Same goes for you and your opinions. That's how it is because everyone is right.

But at the end of the day you gotta take your glasses off and look at what's really there. It's not about me tooting my own horn. It's about me stating these flaws early on and trying to prepare people to deal with it in the regular season when it happens instead of ignoring it and then acting like crazy people.

Be an objective fan.
Don't put words into my mouth. I said no one cares about what you thought about the team 2 months ago are. Your thoughts about the state of team now and for the future I would enjoy listening to (along with other posters) instead of your thoughts on your past thoughts. The defense showed very little promise in the preseason, and you still ignored my comment about Henne looking like a god in the jacs. But whatever man nothing you say will convince me preseason football has any significant indication of any team. Argee to disargee.
Be in objective fan? Sorry man not possible ever. I consider that an oxymoron.

Don't put words into my mouth. I said no one cares about what you thought about the team 2 months ago are. Your thoughts about the state of team now and for the future I would enjoy listening to (along with other posters) instead of your thoughts on your past thoughts. The defense showed very little promise in the preseason, and you still ignored my comment about Henne looking like a god in the jacs. But whatever man nothing you say will convince me preseason football has any significant indication of any team. Argee to disargee.

He DID look like a God against Jacksonville. And he looked like **** against other teams in the preseason at times. Inconsistent? Maybe that's the word here? Has he been inconsistent during the regular season? Yes. At times he's been fairly solid and at times just hot garbage. That's what Chad Henne is.

Nothing I say will convince you that preseason football has indication of regular season results. I know that. But it does. If it didn't they'd skip it all together. What's the point of the preseason if it truly means nothing? It means nothing in terms of record. And that's why I never look at records in the preseason.

Be in objective fan? Sorry man not possible ever. I consider that an oxymoron.

Wow, a QB doing well against vanilla preseason defense. I've heard it all on this fella Henne.

He DID look like a God against Jacksonville. And he looked like **** against other teams in the preseason at times. Inconsistent? Maybe that's the word here? Has he been inconsistent during the regular season? Yes. At times he's been fairly solid and at times just hot garbage. That's what Chad Henne is.

Nothing I say will convince you that preseason football has indication of regular season results. I know that. But it does. If it didn't they'd skip it all together. What's the point of the preseason if it truly means nothing? It means nothing in terms of record. And that's why I never look at records in the preseason.
Ok can't argue about the record. Preseason is no different than a high school scrimmage that all teams run. It gets you on a game day ritual, gets you back into full speed of the game, yet all coaches recongizes that problems will be there. Not to mention the roster battles that are solved.

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

Wow, a QB doing well against vanilla preseason defense. I've heard it all on this fella Henne.
Exactly my point, thank you. Maybe you should read my previous posts before you take things in the exact opposite context in which you read them.

:lol: Like John Beck before him, the Chad Henne homers will sink back into that rotten little hole of theirs. I ****ing love it. I called that **** from day ****ing one.

Somebody get this clown a cookie to split with WV. What are you two, like 6 years old?

"YAY! our team just took a huge step backwards but hey, I proved to a bunch of strangers on the interwebz that my 50/50 gamble was spot on. YAY!!... And please, let me say it while swearing even though this site is censored so all's anyone will see is a bunch of *****'s "

This thread should be titled GET A LIFE instead of GET REAL.

Is this "getting real?" You can have it ya clowns.

buncha d-bags round here I swear to god...

Dude if you seriously cant get over Matty Ice and need to bring him up in every single post you make, why dont you talk about not getting Brees. At least that would be a valid point. You must have a cold mouth with all that Matty Ice love. Every one of your post should be moved since they are about your love for the FALCON's QB and not a Dolphins player.

Penny is who should be our QB now. Sitting behind a veteran like Penny will do nothing but good things for Henne. Henne needs to find some passion. Penny has that passion. Henne needs to sit back, learn, and find a passion for the game. Sitting on the bench should make him want to be out there and then maybe he will look like he gives a **** when he is! Lots of very good QBs have spent mutliple years ridding the pine and learning. Weve seen flashes of briliance with Henne theres potential there. But Penny helps us and Henne now!

This I agree with 100%. As great as Long is (top LT in football IMO), does anyone think the Falcons would trade Ryan for Long? Fact of the matter is, at the end of the day a QB is more vital to a team's success than a LT is. Long is a great asset, but just look at where thats getting us with no QB. Its much easier to find a serviceable LT than QB. I dont even know who the Falcons LT is.
Yes, a good QB is very hard to find, but I think some people are forgetting how many flops there are at QB. I think the FO new that they couldn't afford to gamble in the draft and a franchise LT is a much safer pick than a risky QB. It's easy to say after the fact that we should have got him, but if that were the case, we could have gotten Flaco too.

WV, i can always count on u to keep it real.

all the people who hate penny will always say, '' we can never win anything with the guy'', '' he sucks against good defenses'', etc. they seem to never amaze me.

people dont realize that our only playoff appearance since the 2001 season was in 2008 with Mr Pennington. the penny haters will say, '' he played an easy sched''. well, if Pennington is so bad, then why the hell were we able to have success with him as our QB no matter who we played? it should have been the opposite, teams should have been saying the dolphins r an easy team bc their qb is chad Pennington.

what the haters also fail to realize, is that season, we were prob heading towards another 4-12, 5-11 season until Pennington signed with us. our starting qb going into that season i believe would have been josh mccown ( maybe it was cade or luke i dont no, they all blow so badly its irrelevant). Pennington that year played with absolutely no talent, and got the best out of every player. he made fasano and martin look like solid tight-ends in this league, where they are really below average.

they bring up how hes not a winner. well all i know is that i believe he led the jets to the playoffs 4 times, and if not for Doug Brien missing 2 field-goals in the divisional game vs Pitt in the 04 season, 05 playoffs, he brings the jets to the AFC championship game that year.

they also bring up how he does poorly vs good defenses. well hears a question. how many top qbs do well vs great defenses? their is a reason why they r top notch defenses. im not saying Pennington is manning, Brady, Rodgers, Marino, etc, but hes more than capable than leading a team with the right amount of talent.

bottom line, with Pennington we will start scoring touchdowns again, and our offense will seem to be under more control because we will have an actual real leader behind center. i also know Pennington wont start sliding when he scrambles 2 yds after he begins to run.

welcome back Mr Pennington, i got faith in u, as do some other ppl on here. bring us the trophy.great read wv, always keeping it real.:up:
Not a Pennington hater at all but this is the problem with addressing the OP in this way. WV led the way in claiming that the Dolphins got to the play offs because of the Brady injury and a cup cake schedule. And WV is right. You can't make a declaration like that then turn it in to Pennington being the reason we made the play offs.

I like Pennington and yes we benefited from an easy schedule and I don't think we make the play offs without him. But the end result is what so many Jets fans, Junc included (who is a Pennington fan) and Dolphan realize is his limitations in the play offs where you are going to play against the best defenses. Pennington is better suited to run this style of offense no doubt. Play offs are out of the question this season. It is going to take 11 wins and we won't go 7-1 down the stretch. With a few breaks we may finish 6-2. The bigger quandry is the future and what it holds.

Like several have already said, Penny will more than likely help us win 2-3 games more than we would have won with Henne. Schedule is far easier in the second half which should help in getting those wins. With Penny I think we will now win 9 or 10 games but it will not be enough for the playoffs. Even if we make the playoffs, Penny will not lead this team to any meaningful playoff run.

So here were are again. Going into 2011 with little or no chance at getting the best QB in the draft and an absolute need to draft him. Even if we are willing to give up what it takes to move up to the top pick (that's where Luck is going), the two likely teams that will be sitting there in the Bills and Panthers have their own desperate need to take him. Wouldn't that be a nice kick in the balls if the Bills get a franchise QB. Our only real hope is if Dallas manages to lose out to land at 1 where our FO and Jerry Jones figure out a way to continue their man love relationship.

Of course if we did draft Luck we will still have gaping holes at RB, TE, LB to rush opposite Wake, Safety, etc. that we couldn't fill by giving up the 3 or 4 picks it would take to get him. Lucky the division leading Pats have 2 picks in rounds 1, 2, AND 3. Mother ****er!..... we made the bed we lie in. 3 QB's drafted in the 2nd round for 3 straight years....ignoring huge needs this year while drafting cornfed linemen as if they are going extinct... ignoring TE, Safety, etc...this team is cursed with FO futility. I'm so ****ing tired of ongoing mismanagement it physically makes me sick.

Well well well. The news mustve just broke as I left home earlier today. I sit down with my project parter for Mgt. class, who happens to be a Steeler fan, and he informs me of the news that the coaches have finally grown a brain. :lol:

First lets talk about what the move means for the phins.

It means we are now officially back in the running. Dont sleep on Noodle leading this team to some clutch victories. Its a shame we didnt start the season with him. If we had, we could be in a better spot right now. But, it gives us new life. No longer is it doom and gloom for me. I believe in this team with Noodle at QB.

It also means the coaches know their jobs are at stake and they arent going to wait around watching Henne blow any longer. They know it was a goof to pass on Matty Ice and now they are trying to win as many games as they can to end the season. They know Noodle gives them the best chance of making a run.

It means this teams offense could be legit. I will discuss that more in a moment. Let me get to Chad Henne.

This move means Henne is finished. There is no turning back now. If and when this team is eliminated from any playoff chance, look for them to possible throw Thigpen in there and check him out a bit. The coaches have obviously seen enough of Chad Henne, as have I. This move ironically comes within 2 days of me adding Henne to my completely blows list in my sig. Yea, Hugo had me sippin the kool aid a bit last week, not drinking that ****, I knew better. You guys gotta quit trying to make me be nice. I know when I know something. I knew Chad Henne wasnt the answer after last season. The first two games this year confirmed it for me. In fact, I wanted to start Noodle to begin the year.

And all of you who still want to argue about the Matty Ice thing...........just drop it already. Its not even close. WVDolphan prevails again. We will see who sticks around, and of those who do, who gives the nod and who just sweeps the whole thing under the rug as if it didnt happen.

Now lets talk about Noodle and the positive impact he will have on our offense.

Noodle will hit players in stride with precision passes, allowing them to make plays after the catch.

No more shell coverages. Noodle will attack that **** with ease and laser like precision all the way down the field.

Wanna come up and move 8 in the box, suggesting Noodle cant get it down the field.......TRY IT. I ****ing dare you. Keep sleeping on Noodle. First of all, Noodle as he always have, will slice you downfield between the hashes at ranges of 20-30 yards.

But, more importantly, now with Brandon Marshall, Noodle will take advantage of his straight downfield abilities. While most of you have been on here talking about how Marshall isnt a deep threat, of course being clueless, the fact remains that Chad Henne cant throw the deep ball despite having a stronger arm. Im telling you right now that if Marshall gets 1-1 on the outside, Noodle will lob it to him downfield on the sidelines and Marshall will make a play on the ball. It might not be real pretty, but it will damn sure be effective. Henne didnt have the skills to take advantage of this. Noodle does.

So bring whatever defense you want. With the real threat out there at WR, Noodle will flurish in this offense. He will slice and dice and he will get it deep to Marshall if you try to stack the box. He will also slice you down the seems with Fasano or Hartline and Bess. Look for Bess to get a ton of catches once Pennington opens things up and spreads out the D. Or if those fools are still going to play shell like the did on Henne. Bess will be givin opportunities to make plays after the catch with Noodle dropping them in there on a dime to him.

Oh yea. Things just got interesting folks. There is new life in this team. I feel like a Pheonix. Rising. From Arizona!!!!!

Lets go kick some Tennessee ***.

And Vaark. Where ya AT!!!!! Where is your ant snorting self? Present youself fool. I know you havent been on with your Henne haters no leg to stand on BS. So where you at with your Noodle hating? Noodle haters.....no pasta to twirl your fork on after this week pal.

Henne..........he's finished pal. He has always been trash. WVDolphan- money all along. As usual. Shouldve had Matty Ice and Noodle like I said in February of 08.

But, oh well. It is what it is. Im excited to see this team play with a decent QB this week and in weeks to come. Hopefully these guys will grow a brain and trade whatever picks they have to in order to draft Andrew Luck. Im hoping Buffalo wins enough games to get out of that top spot. If Dallas gets it, we could definately make a move to get him. We will see.

In the meantime, enjoy some wins coming our way boys. Enjoy some OFFENSE. TOUCHDOWNS. Brandon Marshall making big plays. Its all coming. Get ready. As Randy Moss would say........ its going to be a fun ride. :up:

And where you at Vaark!!!!

Wow! I hope you don't break your arm patting yourself on the back! Sweeping it under the rug... you been crying over Matt Ryan for 3 years. There is nothing to sweep up. It's over. We could have had Brady or Brees if we just want to look back and feel sorry for ourselves. We will see now if you are half as smart as you claim to be. I'd say if Pennington doesn't go at least 6-2 with the schedule he has ahead of him you are an idiot..... check that...... a big mouthed, self worshiping, idiot. Henne went 4-4 with a brutal schedule, a hose job by the refs, and the biggest single game special teams breakdown in NFL history. Still can't believe you are bringing up Matt Ryan. Let it go... Ryan plays for the Falcons. I'm sure they would be glad to have you as a know it all fan if you must continue to swing from Ryan's sack. We got Jake Long... he's not that big of a bust. Now that you are finally sticking your neck out and backing a qb that is on our roster we will get to see how long your self worshiping lasts. My guess is you'll soon become a Pennington apologist. And if not it will show you were wrong about Pennington and you DO NOT KNOW what you are talking about. Then I suppose you will go back to pining for a qb who is not on our roster. I must admit it is kind of easy taking the stance on this that you have been taking on Henne. If Pennington does good we are all happy. If not you get to be the idiot for backing him. Now I'll finish by using your line..... I hope I'm wrong and the Dolphins can make the playoffs. But if not then I will be right here to rub it in and say I told you so and remind you how smart I am and how dumb you are.

Look at it this way. The Bills are in as bad a shape as we were in 2008. Andrew Luck and Marcel Dareus are top 5 prospects and although there is no LT rated that high, let's just suppose there is. If the decision is yours, who do you pick?

Any one that answers anything but the QB is either lying to protect their stake in the debate or is just plain ol foolish.

Not at all sorry they went with Jake. He was the safe choice and that's the route they elected to go. It was the wrong decision. You have to take that gamble on the top rated QB. The two #1 picks since are both QBs and if Stafford can stay healthy, both will thrive for a long time in the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't have to be an NFL coach to see the obvious.

That's one of the worst arguments people on this board try to make. I know everyone here thinks WV is some brow beater and maybe he comes across that way, but people want to talk about perception, perhaps they should do their own perception checking. Instead of reading some of these posts with the idea that it's a "LOOK AT ME" post, how about considering that it's a "LOOK AT YOU" post instead.

We're all Dolphin fans here. And most people who are "fans" are blinded by their homerism so badly that they can't strip their emotion out of it and see things for what they are. It has been pretty apparent that Henne is not getting it done at the QB position. Yet some defend him to no end simply because he's a Miami Dolphin. People need to let that go. If you're capable of seeing issues and problems with this team, there's nothing wrong with it.

I was BLASTED three games into the preseason for saying this was an average football team and that we had a lot of problems offensively. Those problems are still here today yet people slammed me and said, "You can't tell anything from preseason games." If you can't see anything from the preseason, that's a you problem. But thus far my predictions of this team have proven to be true. Average team (4-4) with lots of offensive issues.

You don't need to be an NFL coach to see these things. It's certainly possible to have a high football IQ and do other things in life. If you have to be an NFL coach of some sort to evaluate, then why do we even bother becoming fans and watching games. Why do we listen to Mel Kiper Jr. about potential draft picks since he has never been an NFL coach. If Andy Reid says you can't make a true evaluation for a QB with less then 30 starts, then that's Andy Reid's philosophy. I can't make a clear evaluation at 29 starts? Who decided the arbitrary number of 30? Why 30 on the money? Why not 31.

So basically, what you're telling me is that you're like WV. Awesome. Both of you have special powers that allow you to evaluate a QB in 20 starts or less even though most tenure NFL personnel (including Andy Reid) will tell you different. We're not talking the difference between 29,30, and 31. We're talking the difference between 21 and 30, or roughly a 33% cut.

What this really boils down to is the "I told you so" mentality that so many live by on this forum. You make black & white judgment on a particular player or coach (way early) with the hope of being proven right in the future so that you can say "I told you so." It's cool. I get it. Lots of fun. But it's not based in any real evaluation skill. It's just a guess.

What more can I tell you...

So basically, what you're telling me is that you're like WV. Awesome. Both of you have special powers that allow you to evaluate a QB in 20 starts or less even though most tenure NFL personnel (including Andy Reid) will tell you different. We're not talking the difference between 29,30, and 31. We're talking the difference between 21 and 30, or roughly a 33% cut.

What this really boils down to is the "I told you so" mentality that so many live by on this forum. You make black & white judgment on a particular player or coach (way early) with the hope of being proven right in the future so that you can say "I told you so." It's cool. I get it. Lots of fun. But it's not based in any real evaluation skill. It's just a guess.

What more can I tell you...

Goddamnit. Have you ever made a post where you didn't ****ing whiff?

Find the other thread where I addressed this "I'm right" mentality that you'll swear by. It's not a "LOOK AT ME" it's a "LOOK AT YOU." Be an objective fan for ****s sake and stop being so blindly loyal to guys who aren't getting it done. I'm not good at watching college QB's and determining whether or not they'll make it at the next level. Never claimed to be. But it's really not that difficult to turn on my TV or go sit in the stands at the stadium and say, "Man, this Chad Henne guy just isn't that good. I think it's time for a change."

You're making it out to be way more difficult.

Well well well. The news mustve just broke as I left home earlier today. I sit down with my project parter for Mgt. class, who happens to be a Steeler fan, and he informs me of the news that the coaches have finally grown a brain. :lol:

First lets talk about what the move means for the phins.

It means we are now officially back in the running. Dont sleep on Noodle leading this team to some clutch victories. Its a shame we didnt start the season with him. If we had, we could be in a better spot right now. But, it gives us new life. No longer is it doom and gloom for me. I believe in this team with Noodle at QB.

It also means the coaches know their jobs are at stake and they arent going to wait around watching Henne blow any longer. They know it was a goof to pass on Matty Ice and now they are trying to win as many games as they can to end the season. They know Noodle gives them the best chance of making a run.

It means this teams offense could be legit. I will discuss that more in a moment. Let me get to Chad Henne.

This move means Henne is finished. There is no turning back now. If and when this team is eliminated from any playoff chance, look for them to possible throw Thigpen in there and check him out a bit. The coaches have obviously seen enough of Chad Henne, as have I. This move ironically comes within 2 days of me adding Henne to my completely blows list in my sig. Yea, Hugo had me sippin the kool aid a bit last week, not drinking that ****, I knew better. You guys gotta quit trying to make me be nice. I know when I know something. I knew Chad Henne wasnt the answer after last season. The first two games this year confirmed it for me. In fact, I wanted to start Noodle to begin the year.

And all of you who still want to argue about the Matty Ice thing...........just drop it already. Its not even close. WVDolphan prevails again. We will see who sticks around, and of those who do, who gives the nod and who just sweeps the whole thing under the rug as if it didnt happen.

Now lets talk about Noodle and the positive impact he will have on our offense.

Noodle will hit players in stride with precision passes, allowing them to make plays after the catch.

No more shell coverages. Noodle will attack that **** with ease and laser like precision all the way down the field.

Wanna come up and move 8 in the box, suggesting Noodle cant get it down the field.......TRY IT. I ****ing dare you. Keep sleeping on Noodle. First of all, Noodle as he always have, will slice you downfield between the hashes at ranges of 20-30 yards.

But, more importantly, now with Brandon Marshall, Noodle will take advantage of his straight downfield abilities. While most of you have been on here talking about how Marshall isnt a deep threat, of course being clueless, the fact remains that Chad Henne cant throw the deep ball despite having a stronger arm. Im telling you right now that if Marshall gets 1-1 on the outside, Noodle will lob it to him downfield on the sidelines and Marshall will make a play on the ball. It might not be real pretty, but it will damn sure be effective. Henne didnt have the skills to take advantage of this. Noodle does.

So bring whatever defense you want. With the real threat out there at WR, Noodle will flurish in this offense. He will slice and dice and he will get it deep to Marshall if you try to stack the box. He will also slice you down the seems with Fasano or Hartline and Bess. Look for Bess to get a ton of catches once Pennington opens things up and spreads out the D. Or if those fools are still going to play shell like the did on Henne. Bess will be givin opportunities to make plays after the catch with Noodle dropping them in there on a dime to him.

Oh yea. Things just got interesting folks. There is new life in this team. I feel like a Pheonix. Rising. From Arizona!!!!!

Lets go kick some Tennessee ***.

And Vaark. Where ya AT!!!!! Where is your ant snorting self? Present youself fool. I know you havent been on with your Henne haters no leg to stand on BS. So where you at with your Noodle hating? Noodle haters.....no pasta to twirl your fork on after this week pal.

Henne..........he's finished pal. He has always been trash. WVDolphan- money all along. As usual. Shouldve had Matty Ice and Noodle like I said in February of 08.

But, oh well. It is what it is. Im excited to see this team play with a decent QB this week and in weeks to come. Hopefully these guys will grow a brain and trade whatever picks they have to in order to draft Andrew Luck. Im hoping Buffalo wins enough games to get out of that top spot. If Dallas gets it, we could definately make a move to get him. We will see.

In the meantime, enjoy some wins coming our way boys. Enjoy some OFFENSE. TOUCHDOWNS. Brandon Marshall making big plays. Its all coming. Get ready. As Randy Moss would say........ its going to be a fun ride. :up:

And where you at Vaark!!!!

Your 33 and in Mgt Class?........Yes WVDolphan prevails again.....getting a B on his Mgt Test

Back
Top Bottom