Yahoo's Assessment of the Charles Harris Pick | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yahoo's Assessment of the Charles Harris Pick

I was listening to Sirius NFL yesterday before the draft and Polian was one of the hosts and he said that if the draft prospect didn't meet their height/weight/athletic measurements that they set by position, they completely removed the prospect off their board and wouldn't draft him regardless of football ability.

Now I know why he got fired.

I knew the Jordan Willis infatuation was a Finheaven thing. Again, like the player but did not see him in the same class as Barnett, Harris, or even Taco. NFL teams agree. I thought he'd sneak into the first, and wouldn't have minded him in a trade down scenario.... But I felt he was a second round talent all along. He will be a solid pro, but I don't see the "big time" potential.

I think from a physical and athletic perspective as a pass rushing DE Willis is probably the most talented of those guys. But he also needs a lot of development in comparison to those guys. I think Barnett has a really low ceiling but can be effective as a pass rusher immediately due to his superior technique. Harris is somewhere in between Barnett and Willis in that he has better technique than Willis but not at the level of Barnett but he is a better athlete than Barnett but not near that of Willis. It will be interesting to see how these 3 end up in the future. I didn't include Taco who I really didn't like because I don't think he will be a superior pass rushing DE but more of a power DE who can set the edge but still apply some pressure on the QB.

Back
Top Bottom