Yankees Draft Pat White | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yankees Draft Pat White

He'd end up being an outfielder in the mold of a BJ Upton if he played, but hes not going to.

Why would the Yankees draft him? Did he even play baseball at WVU?

Athletic ability, I assume. He would be a project.

It's like when NFL teams sign those 6-foot-10 power forwards in college basketball and want them to be the next Antonio Gates

Its not like it matters who the Yankees pick.

Whens the last time they developed their own prospects anyway?
They just pay money for the best FA available, or trade for them.

He'd end up being an outfielder in the mold of a BJ Upton if he played, but hes not going to.

the mold of bj upton? are you serious, you're comparing a number 1 baseball draft pick to a 48th round football quarterback? pat white couldn't hold upton's jock strap in a baseball game. much less provoke a comparison.

Its not like it matters who the Yankees pick.

Whens the last time they developed their own prospects anyway?
They just pay money for the best FA available, or trade for them.

Yankees have one of the top farm systems in baseball....

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

you must be delusional pal. 200 mill couldn't buy you guys a ws for the last 4 years! the last time you were in the ws you got crushed in 6 games by the low budget florida freakin' marlins!

But you see it is the truth they have been continually ranked in the upper half of the organization farm system rankings from baseball america since 2006, they were 5th going into last season and dropped down this year to 15th ( boston dropped too) thans in large part to the graduation of Joba Chamberlain and others. Considering we dont pick in the bottom half of the draft every year like the marlins, who have to continually sell their talent because their owners are too cheap to keep them, MEANWHILE pocketing the money they receive from the rich teams, and cant seem to draw any fans.

But you see it is the truth they have been continually ranked in the upper half of the organization farm system rankings from baseball america since 2006, they were 5th going into last season and dropped down this year to 15th ( boston dropped too) thans in large part to the graduation of Joba Chamberlain and others. Considering we dont pick in the bottom half of the draft every year like the marlins, who have to continually sell their talent because their owners are too cheap to keep them, MEANWHILE pocketing the money they receive from the rich teams, and cant seem to draw any fans.

i'm not saying marlins fans are the most loyal in baseball. the marlins front office has done an INCREDIBLE job considering the resources they have available. the shankees have nothing but endless resources and simply can't get over the hump. the yankees are a complete disgrace to baseball. i don't remember any marlins getting caught doing steroids...gayrod, giambi, pettite etc are all dirty scum!

Yankees have one of the top farm systems in baseball....

You as a Yankee fan have to admit this is completely skewed.

Yankees prospects essentially never see the field, because they have an overpaid player at basically every position.

They have an absolutely great roster (talent/name wise) which is nearly impossible for talented prospects (except pitchers) to break into the starting lineup.

Just for a record I really don't have anything against the Yankees, but its very hard to argue they develop prospects through their system to their lineup.

i'm not saying marlins fans are the most loyal in baseball. the marlins front office has done an INCREDIBLE job considering the resources they have available. the shankees have nothing but endless resources and simply can't get over the hump. the yankees are a complete disgrace to baseball. i don't remember any marlins getting caught doing steroids...gayrod, giambi, pettite etc are all dirty scum!

Arod used with Texas, no proof to him with NYY, but its called the STEROID era for a reason

But if you want to play that game, Kevin Brown, Gary Sheffield played HUGE roles in the Marlins 97 title.

You as a Yankee fan have to admit this is completely skewed.

Yankees prospects essentially never see the field, because they have an overpaid player at basically every position.

They have an absolutely great roster (talent/name wise) which is nearly impossible for talented prospects (except pitchers) to break into the starting lineup.

Just for a record I really don't have anything against the Yankees, but its very hard to argue they develop prospects through their system to their lineup.

Cano? Melky? Jeter? Posada?

not to mention their top two prospects are positional players, in Austin Jackson ( CF) and Jesus Montero, a catcher, both of which are top 50 prospects, with Montero swiftly becoming a top 20 based on his bat and age ( youngest player in AA, just promoted there)

Red sox farm > Yanks farm system

and it's not even close

Red Sox also started focusing on it a full 2 year before the yankees did. 2004 and 2006 to be exact. Which is why the Yankees are bottom heavy prospect wise, with most of its top talent just breaking into higher levels.

both have a done good job in recent years, but with all the graduations in the sox system both were ranked close in the latest listings. ( i think 14 and 16, respectively) and 3 and 5 the year before that.

Back
Top Bottom