you be the judge | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

you be the judge

Maynard said:
no he really wasnt. i've looked at it 5 times now. the only person he touches is hadnot (or whoever was the RG)

Yes. He really was. The Charger guy is laying on him in the picture. How is that not touching him?

I'm watching the replay of it right now and he was touched by two chargers when he first leaped over everyone. It was a Charger player that hit him and caused him to flip.

Im not joking when I say that the refs are making calls to keep the games close. That call was terrible. The "not enough evidence" rule is a HUGE load of BS. Refs need to make the best possible call PERIOD when a play is under review. No falling back on the "not enough evidence" garbage.

here it looks like its over the line
clear.gif

this one is tough to see, but looks like its coming out of his hand
clear.gif

as for him not getting touched:
clear.gif

clear.gif

the lineman to ronnie's 5 o'clock never gets near him and jammer only hits him after the ball is loose as shown by pic #2 with him on his head and the ball coming out

clear.gif

finschargers12112005secondhalfth-1.jpg

he leaps over the RG and is not touched by the man smothered by the RG, but only hadnot

If you look closely. You'll see Ronnie jumps over one Charger, he's under the whole pile. That Charger is the one who causes him to flip. The second Charger coming in hit Ronnie's elbow. You can see that when Ronnie's elbow moves.

clear.gif

the guy looks like he's buried under hadnot and the other is not really near him at all. goes to show that 2 people can see 2 different things i guess

btw, how do you make those?

Regardless of whether it was a td or not, Ronnie HAS been talked to by Saban and I'm sure others on the staff about how important possession of the ball is always, but especially near the goal line. It is what Coach Saban talked about in his PC and on his show (more reason to love the guy- always looking for improvement from his players)

Maynard said:
the guy looks like he's buried under hadnot and the other is not really near him at all. goes to show that 2 people can see 2 different things i guess

btw, how do you make those?

I use TMPGEnc to cut the exact scene out that I want from the actual video. In this case I used Nublar's highlight. Then I use Video Cleaner Pro to convert it to a gif. Then I use Imageready to touch it up and make the gif run forever.

byroan said:
I use TMPGEnc to cut the exact scene out that I want from the actual video. In this case I used Nublar's highlight. Then I use Video Cleaner Pro to convert it to a gif. Then I use Imageready to touch it up and make the gif run forever.

thanks bud

A_USA_DS said:
It's close, but it doesn't look as if he has control of the ball as it crosses the goal line

it wasnt a pass reception, the ball came loose when he hit the ground and all it has to do is touch the line.

I didn't need to see that pic to know it was a TD. But it does confirm it. The ball is clearly breaking the plain. If he had control, which his hand is still on it, Touchdown. If he didn't have control, dead ball. We got screwed on that call, blatantly screwed and everybody knows it.

I would just have to say that it video and/or pictures just did not give enough evidence to reverse the call on the field.

I do think he got the TD, but the video angles were blocked off- making a real good look at what really happened impossible.

Back
Top Bottom