You think the dolphins will shut down CJ2K this season? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You think the dolphins will shut down CJ2K this season?

Then don't tell me. Rex is a fun guy, good guy to the players. That does not mean he is a good coach. We really do not know what kind of coach Philbin is yet.

He went to two AFC championship games with Buttfumble as his QB. He's a good coach.

And we don't know what type of coach Philbin is? Sure we do. He's 15-17 thru two seasons. You are what your record says you are.

Rex Ryan is a hell of a coach. I would take him over Philbin any day of the week. He has a few elements that I think is killer when you have it in a coach: Getting players to play hard for him, knows how to have fun, never afraid of being aggressive. If he was our coach last year, we go to the playoffs, guaranteed.

As far as Chris Johnson, I think he's a good pickup for the Jets. They were 4th in rushing last year (I believe) with Chris Ivory and Bilal Powell. You add a dynamic runner like CJ to that, and it could potentially be deadly. With that said, I'm not too afraid of CJ against our defense though. I may be off the mark here as I'm speaking off the top of my head, but runners with his running style (feast or famine) don't seem to shred the Dolphins very much.

Their QBs? Different story. That side show should be pretty interesting to watch.

Cj will not make the jets an elite team and mv will get hurt as he always does lately.And with that the jets hopes will vanish.

Cj will not make the jets an elite team and mv will get hurt as he always does lately.And with that the jets hopes will vanish.

Vick is going to be the backup.

we have more pieces to assemble before we start talking elite but I expect to be a playoff team.

Vick is going to be the backup.

we have more pieces to assemble before we start talking elite but I expect to be a playoff team.

Vick will start....easily....he's loads better then Geno

this is good new for Miami. he's washed up. i would know being disappointed every week with him on my fantasy squad. i watched him enough to conclude he lacks both the speed and agility he used to have.

Big Risk 8 mill -> to spell Chris Ivory

Vick will start....easily....he's loads better then Geno

he's going to have to badly outplay Geno to start. he knows the system but it's risky b/c of his durability. The offense will actually have good weapons to throw and handoff to for the first time since 2010 so that should help Geno improve enough to earn the job. If not he'll eventually play b/c Vick can't stay healthy.

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Big Risk 8 mill -> to spell Chris Ivory

he wasn't brought in to spell Ivory, he was brought here to form a tandem with him. He will be a big part of the offense but not the focal point.

Shouldn't be too hard...

Geno struggled a good portion of 2013 but remember he wasn't ready to play and was forced and he had very little talent around him. He was much better the last qtr of the season and will have a year under his belt and much more talent around him. I'm betting on geno, he has A LOT of work to do but I expect he will win the job.

I totally expect it to be named an open competition in training camp with Vick coming out as the starter. I think the Jets offense will be somewhat excited but inconsistent this season. Depends on the draft too. If they draft someone like Ebron or Lee, we're in trouble.

I totally expect it to be named an open competition in training camp with Vick coming out as the starter. I think the Jets offense will be somewhat excited but inconsistent this season. Depends on the draft too. If they draft someone like Ebron or Lee, we're in trouble.

I expect they will say it is an open competition but I don't think Vick will win it unless he is far and away the better player and that is possible. Vick is good when healthy, I would prefer he is the backup though b/c that will mean Geno has really improved.

With a defense like the Jets have, they are scary now that they have Chris Johnson. At this point of his career he still probably runs a 4.5. They can still stay committed to the run. They can hammer a team with Ivory, then throw the curveball with Johnson to wear down defenses. Scary I say, especially if the Dolphins don't score like they did last year.

4.5? He ran a 4.2 coming out in the draft. Unless the guy gained an assload of weight, I bet he still has every bit of that speed.

Not a good feeling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4.5? He ran a 4.2 coming out in the draft. Unless the guy gained an assload of weight, I bet he still has every bit of that speed.

At nearly 29 years old, about 2000 touches, and 10K yards ain't no damn way he's gonna be close to having that 4.2 speed anymore. Sure he's still got some zip left, but he's lost a step or two as evidenced by his first sub 4 ypc average in 2013.

Back
Top Bottom