You think the dolphins will shut down CJ2K this season? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You think the dolphins will shut down CJ2K this season?

At nearly 29 years old, about 2000 touches, and 10K yards ain't no damn way he's gonna be even close to having that kind of speed anymore.

Darrell Green was still able to run a 4.4 at age 50. Chris Johnson may have dropped off production-wise, but I doubt it was suddenly because he wasn't fast anymore.

Darrell Green was still able to run a 4.4 at age 50. Chris Johnson may have dropped off production-wise, but I doubt it was suddenly because he wasn't fast anymore.

Chris Johnson has been an excuse making average RB for years now. His 2000 yard season was a long time ago. If that season hasn't happened, this thread wouldn't even exist. If we're worrying about Chris Johnson we're not a good football team.

I expect Geno will win, remember him? he ruined your season- along w/ your QB.

Big whoop that he beat Miami once. Thad Lewis and Mike Glennon also beat the Dolphins, doesn't suddenly make them great. Though Miami also did beat some of the elite QBs like Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Ryan and Philip Rivers. Geno was also benched halfway through the first time the Dolphins/Jets played. Remember that?

Bad play calling by Sherman, media scrutiny over "bullygate" and an offensive line in shambles finally caught up to the Dolphins the final two weeks. Give Geno that win if you want, pat him on the back, hype him up as a NFL starting quarterback. As a Dolphins fan I hope he starts. Actually to me, it really doesn't matter who starts between Vick and Smith. Vick is old, injury-prone and more of a name then actual substance anymore. Geno pretty much just sucks and gave Jets fans just a couple of glimpses during the season to fool them that he is worthy of starting in the NFL.

As a Dolphins fan I am very pleased with how Idzik has assembled the quarterback position. Other than Chris Johnson I have been very happy with all the moves(lack of?) the Jets have made. I do think Rex should be updating his résumé, he will likely need it after this season.

Chris Johnson has been an excuse making average RB for years now. His 2000 yard season was a long time ago. If that season hasn't happened, this thread wouldn't even exist. If we're worrying about Chris Johnson we're not a good football team.

if we remove the 2,000 yd season, the rest of his career looks like this:

5 seasons
5 thousand yd seasons
36 TDs, 7.2 per season
4.3 career YPC

that's still pretty good.

your 3 RBs in 10 combined seasons:

One thousand yd season(1038 yds by Moreno)
37 TDs, 3.7 per season
3.9 YPC

Darrell Green as a DB also didn't take the pounding and wear n tear on his body that a running back does every year. :lol:

Like I said Chris Johnson is still fast and he'll still give defenses fits, but those days of his elite speed and putting up great numbers week in and week out are gone. He's got a ton of wear on those tires. I expect him to be closer to last years numbers instead of the insane seasons he had in 2009 and 2010.

Darrell Green as a DB also didn't take the pounding and wear n tear on his body that a running back does every year. :lol:

Like I said Chris Johnson is still fast and he'll still give defenses fits, but those days of his elite speed and putting up great numbers week in and week out are gone. He's got a ton of wear on those tires. I expect him to be closer to last years numbers instead of the insane seasons he had in 2009 and 2010.
I doubt he'll take games over either, but you do still need to respect his speed.

Draft shazier and he will end poor cj2k.

Sent from my ass using Tapatalk

Geno showed enough last year to convince the fanbase and the FO to give him more time.
Good thing for Miami, IMO. Like Snatchez, it will be a 3 year project leading to another QB being drafted by the Jets.

As for Chris Johnson, meh. If he beaks Miami, we don't deserve the Playoffs.

And those hyping up Rexay, anyone remember the Holmes meltdiwn? Rexay let his team to lose it on National tv.

Back
Top Bottom