Your most Overrated/Underrated Fin thus far.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your most Overrated/Underrated Fin thus far....

Well Greenwood has made 55 tackles, so clearly you HAVEN'T been paying attention at all.

Okay here we go:

Overrated: Norv Turner, Where is all that creativity and genuis?

Underrated: Rand McMichael. I hate to think what our pathetic passing numbers would be without him. He is probably on eof the top 3 TE in the league, but since we have suck line and QBs he doesn;t get the big numbers. His skills are off the chart.

Most overrated would have to be DT.

My pick for most underrated would be Timbo. I know he gets some recognition, but not as much as he deserves. Without him clogging up the middle, the D would drop a notch.

Thompson can't be underated, he isn't a good player at most.

If anyone is underated in this team is adawale agunleye. If anyone is overated it would be.........

Jason Taylor due to O-GUN's good year.

Originally posted by Boomer
Well Greenwood has made 55 tackles, so clearly you HAVEN'T been paying attention at all.
==================================
BLITZ:

Hey Boom, chew on these numbers and get back to me....

From Espn.com
===========
Total Tackles / Solo / Asist
-----------------------------------
HOU - 5 - 3 - 2
@NYJ - 1 - 1 - 0
BUF - 2 - 0 - 2
@NYG - 1 - 0 - 1
@JAX - 10 - 6 - 4
NE - 3 - 1 - 2
@SD - 7 - 7 - 0
IND - 1 - 1 - 0
@TEN - 4 - 2 - 0
BAL - 10 - 6 - 4
============
Total - 44 / Solo - 27 / Asist - 15

Still impressed???.....

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

yeah for a guy who plays 1/3 of defensive snaps I am. If we equate that to all defensive snaps, we'd say he'd be on a 132 tackle season to this point. Very happy, job done.

i was wondering when Sammy Knight's name was going to come up, as i scrolled thru everyone's choices... i expected a little more "flash" from him than we've gotten. as for under rated, Ogunleye stands out, and Konrad has done a good job when theyve used him.

yeah for a guy who plays 1/3 of defensive snaps I am. If we equate that to all defensive snaps, we'd say he'd be on a 132 tackle season to this point. Very happy, job done.
================================
BLITZ:

So, if he's only playing 1/3 of the defensive snaps, who's playing the other 2/3's at OLB????.....

Maybe it only seems like he's playing 1/3rd of the snaps because he sucks so much. Let's face it, opposing teams are too afraid to run at either Seau or Thomas, so it's logical to think Deadwood would have a high number of tackles.....

Deadwood sucks. Just my opinion.....and I'm sticking to it.

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

Blitzkreig - that is a TERRIBLE post. Taylor is playing really well. He might not be getting the sacks, but he's being doubled and chipped on almost every play. His sack total is down, but to say that he's not getting any pressure is ridiculous. You need to go back and check the games my friend.

Boomer sorry to burst your bubble, but Blitzkrieg is half right....

IMO JT is still a great DE, but is not getting it done this year, as some others have posted before..

He has face very few double teams these last few games...

If you watch just about every down that JT played against Balt. you will see that he mostly faced a 1 on 1 with the OT and he was being dominated...

The only times he put pressure on the backfield (balt game) was when he came in form a LB spot.

It seems like the QBs he is facing are not taking deep drops (adj. from last years success around the outside) so his runs around the OT is taking him futher down field. When he tried to bull rush he just gets stopped (weight issue).

Has anyone else noticed this?

So the D coaches has ajusted for that and has position him as a LB and comes up the middle late after the OL have aquired their blocks.

So now for the post!

I believe my picks are the same as Muck

Most Underated = L. Chester (I think opponents prepare for Wale in their schemes)

Most Overated = O Mare (not MR. Automatic anymore)

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

Blitz - he's coming out because we are bringing in an extra DB - TBuck. You are unreal mate.

most underrated: ROB KONRAD (no doubt about it)

most overrated: Dolphins defense (except our cornerbacks) & Wannstedt

Blitz - he's coming out because we are bringing in an extra DB - TBuck. You are unreal mate.
=============================
BLITZ:

So, let me get this straight Boom. On 2nd and 3rd down, OLB M. Greenwood is being replaced by DB T. Buckley??? That's one I haven't heard yet.....:confused:

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG

================================
BLITZ:

So, if he's only playing 1/3 of the defensive snaps, who's playing the other 2/3's at OLB????.....

Are you REALLY that daft?

Do you not get the basic principles of a 4-3, nickel and dime defense? Morlon only plays in the 4-3 as most strongside LB's do. We play in nickel/dime defense 65% of the time. In the nickel you take out the strongside LB for a nickel corner (t-buck) because you are expecting the pass. In the Dime you take out Seau for a 4th DB (Freeman/Fletcher). The fact is that the better you play at the SLB the less you play because it forces them into passing more.

Man Boomer I wouldn't even try debating with this guy if he doesn't even get the basics.

As for this J.T overrated crap. Give me a break. He gets double teamed 75% of snaps and even against great LT's teams still shift protection over to him. Ogunleye gets SOLO cover every game. 7 of Ogun's sacks have been coverage/J.T. schemed sacks. No way does Ogun get more then 5 sacks in a season as the 'premiere' passrusher on a team. Yes Ogun is a very good and underrated run stopper but really lets not overrate his pass rush skills. He's a great compliment to J.T. Sooner or later teams will lay off J.T. and try to even out the balance in protection and you'll see J.T.'s numbers come up and Ogun's come down to earth. Lets not also forget that J.T doesn't just sack a guy...he forces turnovers on sacks to.

Overrated...yeesh. Sometimes I wonder about you guys.

Now for my picks:

Overrated: Seau: For all the talk about leadership etc I'm not seeing it. Also I'm not seeing any big plays outta Seau. He's got what...one sack? Sure he helps disrupt things somewhat but he's getting picked up on blitz's easily and is whiffing on a lot of tackles.

Underrated: Knight: You see the hits he lays on WR's?? Man that's what we were missing in the safety position. He's also contributed 2 more INT's then Freeman did and doesn't get run over by QB's like Freeman.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

1. As for this J.T overrated crap. Give me a break. He gets double teamed 75% of snaps and even against great LT's teams still shift protection over to him.

2. Ogunleye gets SOLO cover every game.

3. 7 of Ogun's sacks have been coverage/J.T. schemed sacks.

4. No way does Ogun get more then 5 sacks in a season as the 'premiere' passrusher on a team.

5. Yes Ogun is a very good and underrated run stopper but really lets not overrate his pass rush skills.

6. He's a great compliment to J.T. Sooner or later teams will lay off J.T. and try to even out the balance in protection and you'll see J.T.'s numbers come up and Ogun's come down to earth.

7. Lets not also forget that J.T doesn't just sack a guy...he forces turnovers on sacks to.
=====================================

BLITZ :

MORLON GREENWOOD RULES ALL OLB'S!!!!!

HE'S THE BEST OLB I'VE EVER SEEN!!!!!.....:rolleyes:

Thanks for straightening it out for me Van. What was I thinking to even question his play. He's been great addition to this defense....:toliet:
=============================================

As for your JT comments, I think your wrong. I numbered you comments, and I'm responding....

1. As much as I'd like to say DE J. Taylor has been double teamed 75% of the time, he hasn't. Maybe 40% of the time, but only when he's matched-up against a rookie or a less experienced OT....

2. From what I've seen thus far, JT is getting almost as much solo attention as AO has. A little less, maybe, but not enough to really see the difference IMO....

3. That's laughable IMO. A sack is a sack. Another excuse why his numbers are twice as high as JT's at this time. So I guess half of JT's sacks thus far have been coverage / AO schemed sacks too???...:rolleyes:

4. No, he's got 10 right now. He IS our "premiere" pass rusher IMO. The numbers speak for themselves....

5. Overrate his pass rushing skills???....He's got 10 sacks, and leads the AFC in sacks with 6 games still left on the schedule!! You're right, I guess he's only an average pass rusher afterall....:lol:

6. Well, let's see, it's week 12. I haven't seen that happen yet. Actually, I think JT is a great compliment to AO. Afterall, he's the one who is getting to the QB, not Taylor....

7. No he doens't just sacks the QB. Afterwards, he helps him back onto his feet, pats him on the *** with a few word of encouragement, and then starts showing off....

Let's not forget one importanat fact here. If these OL's are scheming for JT this year, weren't they doing the same thing last year when he had 18 sacks???.....

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

Back
Top Bottom