You're the GM in 2014: How do you fix this team? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You're the GM in 2014: How do you fix this team?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
How would you approach this offseason as a GM: Trades? Draft. Free Agency. How do you fix this team?

(for the purposes of this, pretend Philbin/Sherman/Coyle return)

This draft sucks as far as impact player. We missed the boat on some great talent in the past 4 years with Ireland. There is no easy fix, when you keep the dude who screws up every year, for 6 years.

Keep Pouncey. In FA, I sign a OT and OG. Two of my first three picks are a OT and OG...though I am in love with Eric Ebron...lol.

I would run to re-sign Brent Grimes. If he says "no", I tag him. From there, I would attempt to sign either Paul Soliai or Randy Starks. I got to get one. I would look for a veteran RB to combine with Lamar Miller. I am not giving up on Miller.

General gist to my ideas right now. Save the Cornfed stuff. This line is bad and needs to get better.

Keep Pouncey. In FA, I sign a OT and OG. Two of my first three picks are a OT and OG...though I am in love with Eric Ebron...lol.

I would run to re-sign Brent Grimes. If he says "no", I tag him. From there, I would attempt to sign either Paul Soliai or Randy Starks. I got to get one. I would look for a veteran RB to combine with Lamar Miller. I am not giving up on Miller.

General gist to my ideas right now. Save the Cornfed stuff. This line is bad and needs to get better.

Ben Tate?

Getting rid of Sherman is a must.

But as far as personnel goes, I'd sign an OT, draft an OT, sign a G, draft a G, and make sure to keep Soliai. I'd keep Grimes unless there is any elite corner on the market we can get for similar money (I don't know of any hitting the market this year). Draft a DT in in the middle rounds, and find a RB to work with Miller.

Resign Grimes.
Fire Turner and the Shermans.
Try to get Jay Carmichael here from NO.
Call Hudson Houck for the O line coach.
Let Starks walk.
See what Keller's rehab is going like and if it's good then discuss a one year deal.
In the draft work to move up into the top 5 for Matthews. If he's gone and Keller is broken take Jace Amaro. Then best player available with a focus on O line, safety, and rb with the hope of sneaking out with a new kick/punt returner.
In FA look at O line.

First move sign an OT, resign grimes, Solia , draft a seem busting TE, draft abig physical wr, draft a OT. Pick up veteran RB who can break tackles and pick up short yardage. Oh and fire Sherman.

WV please don't talk QB. Your all world qb has one of the worst records in football all world Luck got smoked by rams and cards. Please no more get real threads talking about how you know so much and everyone else is wrong. all of your get real lately have been dead ass wrong. Get Real

I would fire Sherman, Taylor, Turner and any other lack luster assistants.
Sign Big Paul long term. The anchor in the middle.
Sign Grimes. And if there is a solid pick up at corner in FA, I would look at that and see if it would work.
Starks will walk.....Unless he takes a team friendly deal.
Keep Pouncey, Brenner, Thomas, Watkins, Garner on OL and draft at least 2 line man, and sign a FA G/OT. Have them all battle for the starting 5
Cut D.Thomas, and get a real power back to compliment Miller.
Get a Stud TE in the Draft. Keller is a ? Clay, Simms and Draft pick.
Get a good return man, Thigpen is not cutting it. Last drive of the game started at the 10 yard line when it could have been 20 yard line.
Dumb mistakes by him have cost us. He is not the answer at KR/PR
Draft a LB or 2. Our depth is awful. When Misi was out you could see a huge difference. We need more backer depth.
Move back to the 4-3 / 3-4 hybrid. We have talent that can do multiple things. I want the team to utilize the most out of the talent.
Get a coach that is Hard Nosed, Can make the right calls at key times Instill toughness and Determination.
Build a Team that no one wants to play because they will be beat the F up from how physical we are.
Get a True FB. One that can plow, block, catch.
Get a OC that will make the team soar. Innovative and creative. Game plan evry week to capitalize on the other teams weakness, tendencies.
That would be a start.

Agree with Hayden; Draft an OT and OG early and sign one of each in free agency.

Relieve Jim Turner and Zack Taylor of their duties.

Re-sign Starks, Soliai, and Grimes.

Acquire a power running back to pair with Lamar Miller. Need a tall receiver for the red zone in the mix. Maybe its Binns. Otherwise I am rolling with Wallace, Hartline, Gibby, and Matthews.

Run defense has been bad. Switch defense to a 3-4 with Wake and Jordan at OLB and Ellerbe and Misi inside. Release Wheeler. Front 3 will be Soliai on the nose with Odrick and Starks at DT. Shelby is a backup. Vernon may move to SOLB. Need a couple of DE backups in the 280-290 lb range. Vernon is not a great system fit for the 34 but he has a great motor and can be moved around.

Secondary is playing lights out so bring them back.

Back
Top Bottom