ZaQuandre White breaking ankles | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ZaQuandre White breaking ankles

He was an undrafted free agent for a reason. The highlight videos on YouTube make every player look like an All American player. I see him as fighting for the 4th RB position on the roster and if he makes the roster, he will likely see very little action during the regular season unless they have several injuries at the RB position.
That’s fair but he also had a limited number of carries in college which makes it hard to justify a draft pick. He appears to have some good athletic traits for the position and it translated to the field in 2021.

Pretty nice video, like what I saw. Definitely a chance to make the team

I think I saw he was coming back from an injury and ran a 4.63… looks faster than that on those plays
Posted this in the UDFA thread. Looks like he ran 4.51 at The Opening in high school. If he's now a 4.4 guy when healthy that's plenty of speed for how shifty he is. Really reminds me of Arian Foster going undrafted because he was working through an ankle injury during his draft process as well. He signed with Texans whose OC was Kyle Shanahan at the time.

I like the way he can plant and accelerate. Good decision making and seems to keep an eye out for where his blockers are. Probably only a PS guy, but it's an NFL RB...you never know

Posted this in the UDFA thread. Looks like he ran 4.51 at The Opening in high school. If he's now a 4.4 guy when healthy that's plenty of speed for how shifty he is. Really reminds me of Arian Foster going undrafted because he was working through an ankle injury during his draft process as well. He signed with Texans whose OC was Kyle Shanahan at the time.

He doesn't look like a 4.4 guy but I do think he is a 4.5 guy which is plenty fine considering all his other attributes. His lateral ability, acceleration, toughness are a strength. The physical abilities are there. I think it'll come down to understanding the running scheme and how quickly he can become comfortable in the offense. If he can pick that up, I think he has plenty of talent to see reps.

If I had to make a guess, I'd say he will probably start to get carriers on 1st and 2nd down at some point in the season. Especially with Mostert's injury history.

Do you know the Shanahan's history of finding late round and undrafted running backs that become really productive players in the NFL? McDaniel has been with the Shanahan's nearly every step of the way and has helped guide and develop that system. This kid looks exactly like the type of player that fits the mold of players that have had success in this system.
McDaniel isn’t Shanahan. Also I never said he wouldn’t make the team. I merely stated he would likely be the 4th RB on the roster if he does make the team. I think there are presently at least 3 RB’s on the roster who are better than he is but you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Not sure how effective that type of running style will be at the NFL level.

If anything, I think he makes "too much" moves.

He was an undrafted free agent for a reason. The highlight videos on YouTube make every player look like an All American player. I see him as fighting for the 4th RB position on the roster and if he makes the roster, he will likely see very little action during the regular season unless they have several injuries at the RB position.
Probably. But he could be fighting Gaskin for that #3. Gaskin is a good receiver out of the backfield, but White looks so much more instinctive as a runner. I think that is a must for this system.

Then again, I am going by the highlights.

epic battle royale versus Doaks for RB 4!!!!!!
Might come down to small details like blocking. Have no idea if White is good in that regard.

Purely as a runner, I think White may be better than both Doaks and Gaskin.

I really like the find as an UDFA. He actually has a shot and shows enough for me to think he can be successful. He has excellent contact balance.

He is certainly worth the risk based on the very little money they are paying him as an UDFA. I just don’t see a lot of production for a RB who played 5 years at several colleges. In fact when he played at FSU, they moved him to LB.

I think his best chance of making the 53 man roster will be on special teams but obviously he could surprise me and end up being a good RB for the Dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom