ZaQuandre White breaking ankles | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ZaQuandre White breaking ankles

I count only two who are clearly better on the current roster, Mostert and Edmonds, but Mostert has an extensive injury history.
I give Gaskins the advantage at this time because he has shown he can play at the NFL level. Perhaps White will eventually prove he is better but I can not conclude he is better at this time when he wasn’t even drafted.

White wasn’t even the starting RB at South Carolina last year. I don’t think Gaskins is any better than an average RB in the NFL but I also have no idea if White will even make the roster.

I think I would restate that as "become really productive players in his system".

I think that says more about RBs being overvalued by some. I have also noticed that for all the sucess those on the cheap RBs have had, they don't do it for long before he moves on to another guy. I theorize that is because once opposing teams get a handle on what those backs can and can't do they become a bit of a "tell".

I have no problem with that philosophy. Just saying if you are going that direction (RBBC), get used to different faces on a regular basis.
I think you can say that about almost all the running backs in the NFL these days. That's why, like you said, RBs are overvalued by some. It's a position that you shouldn't spend premium draft assets on or allocate a large portion of your cap space to. In my opinion, the best way to handle the RB position is to churn through them in the draft and almost never pay them a second contract. I think the Sanahan system and hopefully, through osmosis, the McDaniel system is exactly the right formula to handle the position. So, to have a guy who can evaluate the position and implement a system that gets production from the RB position at the level his history would suggest, gives the franchise at a nice advantage compared to the rest of the league.

I give Gaskins the advantage at this time because he has shown he can play at the NFL level. Perhaps White will eventually prove he is better but I can not conclude he is better at this time when he wasn’t even drafted.

White wasn’t even the starting RB at South Carolina last year. I don’t think Gaskins is any better than an average RB in the NFL but I also have no idea if White will even make the roster.
Gaskin was barely drafted. He was a seventh round pick.

I look at these highlights of Gaskin and I see a guy who makes it as far as the first defender on 9/10 plays. Not that what you say isn't entirely false, but you have to look at the highlights for the physical skills. Gaskin's highlight show burst but I'd much rather have balance. No YAC ability whatsoever with burst alone.

Ya, I agree about Gaskins and I say the same thing about Chase Edmunds. Edmunds is nothing special in my mind but hopefully this offense he will be able to be productive. However, my eyes tell me White can be the better RB of the bunch.

Gaskin was barely drafted. He was a seventh round pick.
I realize that but he has already proved he can play in the NFL and that’s why I give him the edge over White at this time.
White wasn’t even the starting RB at South Carolina. So at this time it’s hard to put him in front of any of the RB’s on the Dolphins roster but perhaps he will prove his worth once the season begins.

I just remember all the posters who thought Doaks was going to come in and win a spot on the Dolphins last year and replace Gaskin and we all know how that turned out.

Last edited:
I realize that but he has already proved he can play in the NFL and that’s why I give him the edge over White at this time.
White wasn’t even the starting RB at South Carolina. So at this type it’s hard to put him in front of any of the RB’s on the Dolphins roster but perhaps he will prove his worth one the previous season begins.

I just remember all the posters who thought Doaks was going to come in and win a spot on the Dolphins last year and replace Gaskin and we all know how that turned out.
Doaks never had the juice that White has. Plus White looks like a great fit for the system. I don’t think Doaks even makes the team this season.

Last edited:
more garbage to add in the backfield.Could have easily had much better rbs instead we draft garbage lbs.

Grier best hope that HIll brings us to the playoffs.Ol yeller probably doesnt give a rats azz anyways.

I think we'll carry 4 RB's plus one FB

Mostert-Edmonds-White imo will make it

the other will fight to make it as the #4 and he'll need to play ST's whoever that is

White wasn’t even the starting RB at South Carolina. So at this type it’s hard to put him in front of any of the RB’s on the Dolphins roster but perhaps he will prove his worth one the previous season begins.

+ their college production isn't remotely close.

Zaquandre White - 840 total yards, 5 TD's
Myles Gaskin - 5,788 total yards, 62 TD's

This guy seems like he's got a nice skillset but let's pump the breaks on putting him ahead of Gaskin.

Pretty nice video, like what I saw. Definitely a chance to make the team

I think I saw he was coming back from an injury and ran a 4.63… looks faster than that on those plays
Plays much faster than his 40 time. We often see a big difference between game speed and track speed. Fair to say his 4.63 was a factor in him falling off the draft board. It's his cuts that do the damage.

White and Diesch as UDFAs excite me more than our draft picks outside of Tindall.

+ their college production isn't remotely close.

Zaquandre White - 840 total yards, 5 TD's
Myles Gaskin - 5,788 total yards, 62 TD's

This guy seems like he's got a nice skillset but let's pump the breaks on putting him ahead of Gaskin.
I'm looking more at scheme fit. White skill sets look tailor made for outside zone while it's the opposite with Gaskin. White is a developmental prospect who doesn't have the long pedigree. That's a big reason why he didn't get drafted. With Gaskin we know what we're going to get. The floor and ceiling are almost on top of each other. If he stays on the roster he will be RB3 initially. How long that lasts is the question.

Not counting on him doing anything,but its a unit he has a shot to stick to if he's good enough so may the best backs win.

I think we'll carry 4 RB's plus one FB

Mostert-Edmonds-White imo will make it

the other will fight to make it as the #4 and he'll need to play ST's whoever that is
Just to be a contrarIan, I’ll go with Mostert-Edmonds-Gaskin-and Ahmed and White will be cut and resigned to the practice squad.

Plays much faster than his 40 time. We often see a big difference between game speed and track speed. Fair to say his 4.63 was a factor in him falling off the draft board. It's his cuts that do the damage.

White and Diesch as UDFAs excite me more than our draft picks outside of Tindall.
Yep. They couldve been our 7ths vs those other guys. Tomato - tom ah toe

Back
Top Bottom