Zim’s Grades For The Game: Playoff Edition | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Playoff Edition

Thanks again for doing these Zim.

That Miami essentially needed 15 more yards to potentially tie it with a FG, says a lot. This team really fought hard, especially with the rough start and trailing 17-0.

I thought Howard's interception turned the momentum. He had a rough year, but still shows he's a playmaker.

Conversely, Thompson's second interception was a killer. Throw that one away and maybe we're talking about an incredible victory.

That said, the offensive line was terrible today so it's not all on Thompson.

That early drop by Waddle hurt as well. Make that play and maybe the Dolphins get off to a fast start.

This team needs to learn to finish games.
Could not agree more with this post.

Based on your grades you would have thought we'd been blown out...

My reasoning on the F is the fact that in a pressure situation and with 55 seconds on a 4th and 1 he can’t get the play call right. But not just there…..We had problems with that all game and all year for that matter. Inexcusable in my book. Getting the play call in is supposed to be easy…Except for McDaniel.
If what’s true about being told we had the first down on before that 4–1 it needs to be found of it it was a booth error or an officiating error…because if it was officiating then that’s just yet another knock on the year long **** show that these NFL refs have been…

All day Skylar was fighting with the play clock. That adds so much pressure because he's got to direct the protections and do about a million pre snap reads. What if it's a heavy box and we need to audible out of what will be a failed running play? Is there time? Not today. Change and shorten the terminology because this isn't working and it won't on a go forward basis imo. It's hard for an offense to have poise on the road to begin with because about 70,000 fans are screaming, conditions in Buffalo are usually miserable and today we hamstrung our rookie QB by getting the plays in too late all day. The plays coming in late cause all sorts of penalties and problems such as rushing to get the snap. We really need to streamline this system. I would like to hear Don Shula's thoughts on the plays coming in last minute. My guess as to Shula's take. When the call comes in late the players are scrambling to line up correctly. The effect is sort of like a Chinese Fire Drill or a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off! The Dolphin's had the opportunity to get a very meaningful playoff victory on the road against a tough division opponent but we couldn't get it done! Why? Drops, passing when the team needed to run the ball and the plays coming in late causing all sorts of mishaps. We did a great job against Buffalo but in the end we beat ourselves. A lot of people took Buffalo minus the 14!! They'll be paying their bookies!!

All day Skylar was fighting with the play clock. That adds so much pressure because he's got to direct the protections and do about a million pre snap reads. What if it's a heavy box and we need to audible out of what will be a failed running play? Is there time? Not today. Change and shorten the terminology because this isn't working and it won't on a go forward basis imo. It's hard for an offense to have poise on the road to begin with because about 70,000 fans are screaming, conditions in Buffalo are usually miserable and today we hamstrung our rookie QB by getting the plays in too late all day. The plays coming in late cause all sorts of penalties and problems such as rushing to get the snap. We really need to streamline this system. I would like to hear Don Shula's thoughts on the plays coming in last minute. My guess as to Shula's take. When the call comes in late the players are scrambling to line up correctly. The effect is sort of like a Chinese Fire Drill or a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off! The Dolphin's had the opportunity to get a very meaningful playoff victory on the road against a tough division opponent but we couldn't get it done! Why? Drops, passing when the team needed to run the ball and the plays coming in late causing all sorts of mishaps. We did a great job against Buffalo but in the end we beat ourselves. A lot of people took Buffalo minus the 14!! They'll be paying their bookies!!
I would like to add to the late playcall / pressure angle.

We motion more than any team I can remember. Hell we double motion when time permits. When they break the huddle with 7 seconds on the clock, they can’t get set. And we got penalties.

That is the single biggest issue MM needs to address as a coach next year.

Reactions: BSQ
Back
Top Bottom