Zim’s Grades For The Game: Preseason Game 1 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Preseason Game 1

Giving the RBs a C grade is kind.
They are all average or below. Sure the Oline is bad but none of these RBs can create on their own, cant break tackles and have zero ability to take it to the house.
Watching Javontae Williams with Denver is sobering.

Well….Football is back! That’s the good news….. The OL….That’s the bad news. These grades are based on the people who played in this game. Not on the potential of the guys that sat.

QB’s - B - : Tua looked VERY good behind a bad OL. The interception was a bad decision. Questioning his arm strength shows me you know nothing about football. Brisett looked good and had a great TD throw. Sinnet is PS material at best.

RB’s - C : Brown is slow and has limited vision in this game. Everyone else was as good as they could be behind what I consider a PUTRID OL.

TE’s - D + : Gesicki with a nice long catch. Other than that they were quiet. The run blocking from this group is a problem though.

WR’s - D : I didn’t see any separation from our receivers….. Just like last year. Tua had to fit throws in to tight windows. No throws to Waddle at all. Not an impressive game by any means by our receiving squad. We need to get guys healthy here.

OL - F - : Wow. This unit is just BAD. My thoughts right now are that this unit has regressed. We might actually be worse off than last year. Austin Jackson has shown ZERO improvement. That’s concerning. Jessie Davis should seriously consider retiring before he gets someone killed. I saw Kindly move a couple people….But he got worked in pass pro a few times. This is past the point of concerning. If you’re a Dolphin fan…. you should be scared right now.

DL - B - : The starters were good/great. Very nice effort here. I like Ledbetter. He flashed. Potentially a VERY good unit based on today. They dropped a letter grade because the 3rd stringers got no push and gave up some long runs.

LB’s - B - : Not a bad game at all. I’m looking for a big year out of Baker this year. I liked his game today. McKinney is a thumper.

DB’s - A - : Nik Needham played great. Noah made one play then got burned on another. BUT….At least he made a play. I actually see a little progress out of him. This is an ELITE unit in the NFL. Period.

ST’s - A : Waddle is fast. He’s gonna be dangerous. Jakeem Grant looked good. Sanders was perfect. Palardy is an upgrade over Haack. Good coverage today as well.

Coaching - B : It’s preseason.

GM/Front Office - F : I have been critical of Grier for a long time. What bothers me is that It’s turning out that it’s justified. As of this writing, Austin Jackson and Noah Igbo are wasted picks. That is really frustrating. The OL is, as of now, worse than last year. Malcolm Brown looks like a waste of money. Need I go on? Either we need to fire every one of our scouts, or we have to start thinking about replacing Grier. I know there are a lot of people that are going to say that I’m over-reacting. If that’s your take…..Tell me when it’s OK to call Grier out. I’ll be waiting.
Here’s the problem. “Looked good behind a putrid o-line” won’t hold up week in and out. This is so so concerning. If you’re o-line stinks, your offense is going to stink. I’m pretty worried right now that we once again, WHIFFED on all of those picks on the line. Action Jackson may get a new nickname - Traction Jackson as he gets QBs put into traction. Ouch.

Here’s the problem. “Looked good behind a putrid o-line” won’t hold up week in and out. This is so so concerning. If you’re o-line stinks, your offense is going to stink. I’m pretty worried right now that we once again, WHIFFED on all of those picks on the line. Action Jackson may get a new nickname - Traction Jackson as he gets QBs put into traction. Ouch.
Yep, always someone else fault.

Well….Football is back! That’s the good news….. The OL….That’s the bad news. These grades are based on the people who played in this game. Not on the potential of the guys that sat.

QB’s - B - : Tua looked VERY good behind a bad OL. The interception was a bad decision. Questioning his arm strength shows me you know nothing about football. Brisett looked good and had a great TD throw. Sinnet is PS material at best.

RB’s - C : Brown is slow and has limited vision in this game. Everyone else was as good as they could be behind what I consider a PUTRID OL.

TE’s - D + : Gesicki with a nice long catch. Other than that they were quiet. The run blocking from this group is a problem though.

WR’s - D : I didn’t see any separation from our receivers….. Just like last year. Tua had to fit throws in to tight windows. No throws to Waddle at all. Not an impressive game by any means by our receiving squad. We need to get guys healthy here.

OL - F - : Wow. This unit is just BAD. My thoughts right now are that this unit has regressed. We might actually be worse off than last year. Austin Jackson has shown ZERO improvement. That’s concerning. Jessie Davis should seriously consider retiring before he gets someone killed. I saw Kindly move a couple people….But he got worked in pass pro a few times. This is past the point of concerning. If you’re a Dolphin fan…. you should be scared right now.

DL - B - : The starters were good/great. Very nice effort here. I like Ledbetter. He flashed. Potentially a VERY good unit based on today. They dropped a letter grade because the 3rd stringers got no push and gave up some long runs.

LB’s - B - : Not a bad game at all. I’m looking for a big year out of Baker this year. I liked his game today. McKinney is a thumper.

DB’s - A - : Nik Needham played great. Noah made one play then got burned on another. BUT….At least he made a play. I actually see a little progress out of him. This is an ELITE unit in the NFL. Period.

ST’s - A : Waddle is fast. He’s gonna be dangerous. Jakeem Grant looked good. Sanders was perfect. Palardy is an upgrade over Haack. Good coverage today as well.

GM/Front Office - F : I have been critical of Grier for a long time. What bothers me is that It’s turning out that it’s justified. As of this writing, Austin Jackson and Noah Igbo are wasted picks. That is really frustrating. The OL is, as of now, worse than last year. Malcolm Brown looks like a waste of money. Need I go on? Either we need to fire every one of our scouts, or we have to start thinking about replacing Grier. I know there are a lot of people that are going to say that I’m over-reacting. If that’s your take…..Tell me when it’s OK to call Grier out. I’ll be waiting.
So far the only first round pick from the 2020 draft that looks like he was worth it is Tua. Jackson was better in the early part of last season than he looked today. In fact the OL once again looks to be by far the worst unit on the team and they are going to have to improve 100% just to be average.

Everyone keeps saying Iggy is young and needs time to improve. All I know is if he had been a 5th round pick, which he should have been, instead of a first round pick. I doubt he would make the final roster.

Why are we grading a preseason game? It’s about as predictive as what tge weatherman says. SMH

LOL.

yeah audible in preseason when the idea is to see how the run game can do on goal line.
You you don't need to practice audible? And some how in regular season will just come naturally to you?

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL.

yeah audible in preseason when the idea is to see how the run game can do on goal line.
Great post, spot on. Worth noting that Marino also never had a championship team developed around him, so maybe he shouldn't have been out there audibling in the preseason to pass plays and letting the run game get some work.

Ok, that probably never happened anyway, but if you're playing preseason like its a regular game, you're doing it wrong.

I could only listen on the radio.
Let’s assume the initial post is accurate.
How do we fix the OL at this point? Just a bad day? Great Bear DL? Change scheme andor plays?
I thought everything else was “ok” for game 1.

B for QB??? Three or four drives produced 3 points, no TD, and 1 INT, and he earned a B???

Your grades are trash, just like our QB plays.
I think I can speak for most when I say your act is getting really old. He played three drives ( do you struggle with counting?) The results were the following:

1st drive - dropped pass ( No excuses. He should have caught it)
2nd drive - He drove them to the 1 and the rbs couldnt punch it in from there. How is that his fault? oh that right, the 50 yard pass wasnt to your liking... lol
3rd drive - He drove the team down again and he threw a pick, which was hiss fault.

N
I could only listen on the radio.
Let’s assume the initial post is accurate.
How do we fix the OL at this point? Just a bad day? Great Bear DL? Change scheme andor plays?
I thought everything else was “ok” for game 1.
Easy, better qb play.
D load up the box because they don't afraid of our QB

You you don't need to practice audible? And some how in regular season will just come naturally to you? What a joke?
Practice the audible. LOL yeah do it on the goal line when we need to see how the OLine can get push and brown needs to punch it in. Yeah I rather see Tua not Audibling so we can see how the team around him does where he needs support the most. Yeah on a power package audible to a pass IN PRESEASON. Lmaooooooo.

yeah your a complete joke.

Back
Top Bottom