Zim’s Grades For The Game: Preseason Game 1 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Preseason Game 1

A fair assessment in general. Up until the front office. Here’s what I would suggest to you:

List all of the players drafted in 2019, 2020, & 2021, and see how many were good vs how many either are inconclusive or look to have been bad picks. Then tell me what grade you would give the Front office. If you still think it’s an F, then so be it, if you want to put Brown, IGGY, & Jackson as the sole picks to grade the FO on, then I would ask you what about the good players that were drafted during the same period?

Are you sure you would give the FO an “F” For their drafting?
Right now basically the FO has been riding on the notoriety of how awesome it was that they assembled so much draft capitol trading Tunsil and Iggy. So I think its entirely fair to gauge their success on whether trades that set the talent of the roster back several years (but were lauded for the draft capitol they returned) actually ended up resulting in bad players. If you trade a franchise LT and a DPOY caliber DB in his freaking second year, with four more years of team control, and you ultimately blew the picks you got in return, and your team ultimately is hampered by lack of a tackle? Massive, massive implications. The FO gambled and were cheered in the short term without knowing what players those draft picks would turn into.

And year, the Brown pick is fair ground too. Three years into a regime, and the best you can conjure at the RB position is a goal-line back you're now miscasting as a starter? You ignored a dozen easy chances to supply the team with a top caliber RB that fell into this team's lap like a gift, and you continued spending those picks on other players that didn't work, while guys you ignored are 1,000 yard backs? Yeah, again that's an indictment.

Hollins is a classic tweener type WR. I think he makes the team over Foster.
Jaylen Waddle
Will Fuller
Albert Wilson
Devante Parker
Mack Hollins
Jakeem Grant
Isaiah Ford

I think those are the receivers that make the 53 And it’s a strong and deep group when healthy.

Robert Foster may go to the practice Squad and Preston Williams may go on IR if he’s not cut.

N
Easy, better qb play.
D load up the box because they don't afraid of our QB
Perhaps it’s time you become a fan of the Texans or Packers. Because you obviously are going to be miserable as a Dolphin fan as long as Tua is the teams QB and Tua will be the teams QB for at least the next decade or longer.

Since you love Watson and Rogers and hate Tua, it would likely be better for your mental health to change teams and root for the QB’s you love. Because neither Rogers or Watson are ever going to be the Dolphins QB and you obviously aren’t going to enjoy rooting for the Dolphins as long as Tua is the teams QB.

Because it is obviously Tua’s fault that the team has a terrible offensive line and below average RB’s. Since the line doesn’t seem to be getting better and the RB’s are what they are, Tua obviously hasn’t done enough to improve these areas of the team. I thought that was Grier’s job but you have made it very clear that the fault is Tua’s.

I have tried to understand your comments regarding Tua but now those comments have gone from
confusing to absurd. I just wonder why you would want to trade for Watson. Since you blame Tua for everything wrong with the Dolphins. I just wonder why Watson couldn’t do a better job of getting the Texans defense to play better last year and how dare he throw 7 interceptions last year.

Right now basically the FO has been riding on the notoriety of how awesome it was that they assembled so much draft capitol trading Tunsil and Iggy. So I think its entirely fair to gauge their success on whether trades that set the talent of the roster back several years (but were lauded for the draft capitol they returned) actually ended up resulting in bad players. If you trade a franchise LT and a DPOY caliber DB in his freaking second year, with four more years of team control, and you ultimately blew the picks you got in return, and your team ultimately is hampered by lack of a tackle? Massive, massive implications. The FO gambled and were cheered in the short term without knowing what players those draft picks would turn into.

And year, the Brown pick is fair ground too. Three years into a regime, and the best you can conjure at the RB position is a goal-line back you're now miscasting as a starter? You ignored a dozen easy chances to supply the team with a top caliber RB that fell into this team's lap like a gift, and you continued spending those picks on other players that didn't work, while guys you ignored are 1,000 yard backs? Yeah, again that's an indictment.
I agree regarding RB, very disappointed we seem to undervalue the position so much that we didn’t even seem to think it was worthy to burn one of our early round picks on one.

However what about these picks:

2019: Michael Dieter (looks to have developed into A solid center), Andrew Van Ginkel, & Christian Wilkins who is a solid player.
2020: Tua, Hunt, Raekwon Davis!!!!,Brandon Jones -—-> still developing: Kindley & Austin Jackson grade incomplete, judge them at the end of this season.
2021: Jevon Holland!!!!!(perenial pro bowler looks like second coming of Ed Reed potentially) Jaylen Waddle looks as electric as advertised, Eichenberg looks like he has serious potential (injured shoulder) as does Jaelan Philips, and Hunter Long.

F seems like to harsh of a grade To me

Last edited:

I hear you, but I look at it this way. It's year three, our weaknesses are o line and RB. Our question marks are QB and WR health. Dominant Defense and ST. I think we're standing pretty well. Next years draft and FA needs to be all offense. O line, RB and WR. No stupid effing left field out of no where players should be drafted. (Igbo, phillips) if they stay on track and draft for our biggest weaknesses, im good. If they pull some bull **** and keep adding to the defense when the offense can't produce, im done with grier

I hear you, but I look at it this way. It's year three, our weaknesses are o line and RB. Our question marks are QB and WR health. Dominant Defense and ST. I think we're standing pretty well. Next years draft and FA needs to be all offense. O line, RB and WR. No stupid effing left field outWe have of no where players should be drafted. (Igbo, phillips) if they stay on track and draft for our biggest weaknesses, im good. If they pull some bull **** and keep adding to the defense when the offense can't produce, im done with grier
We haven't spent more resources anywhere than the offensive line position, and so if its the thing that holds our team back in year 3, it's a concern. Some would say RB isn't an important position, but when you've not found an appreciable talent at the position in three years, you've had ample opportunity to acquire them, and you've drafted questionable players in their stead, it's going to be another indictment - albeit not as big as the others.

Perhaps it’s time you become a fan of the Texans or Packers. Because you obviously are going to be miserable as a Dolphin fan as long as Tua is the teams QB and Tua will be the teams QB for at least the next decade or longer.

Since you love Watson and Rogers and hate Tua, it would likely be better for your mental health to change teams and root for the QB’s you love. Because neither Rogers or Watson are ever going to be the Dolphins QB and you obviously aren’t going to enjoy rooting for the Dolphins as long as Tua is the teams QB.

Because it is obviously Tua’s fault that the team has a terrible offensive line and below average RB’s. Since the line doesn’t seem to be getting better and the RB’s are what they are, Tua obviously hasn’t done enough to improve these areas of the team. I thought that was Grier’s job but you have made it very clear that the fault is Tua’s.

I have tried to understand your comments regarding Tua but now those comments have gone from
confusing to absurd. I just wonder why you would want to trade for Watson. Since you blame Tua for everything wrong with the Dolphins. I just wonder why Watson couldn’t do a better job of getting the Texans defense to play better last year and how dare he throw 7 interceptions last year.
I have been miserable since 2000. I was told we got a good QB a few times in the last 21 years. Now I don't buy into anything until i see someone with QB rating in top 10. Anything else is only hot air and homer speaking.

I wasn’t that upset about the first team O and D. That’s a good bears front seven AND they practiced against us twice this week.

the only thing that upset me was: get #34 off Brown. He may be serviceable, but Ricky deserves more respect. Honestly, it looked much better on Damien Williams.

edit: d looked great… I meant as a team

We haven't spent more resources anywhere than the offensive line position, and so if its the thing that holds our team back in year 3, it's a concern. Some would say RB isn't an important position, but when you've not found an appreciable talent at the position in three years, you've had ample opportunity to acquire them, and you've drafted questionable players in their stead, it's going to be another indictment - albeit not as big as the others.
I'm pretty sure we can blame Denver for not getting our RB this year. I really think we would have picked that dude had they not traded one pick before us and snatch him...

B for QB??? Three or four drives produced 3 points, no TD, and 1 INT, and he earned a B???

Your grades are trash, just like our QB plays.
Well in the game thread you said 5 drives. You are getting closer. 3 drives. But keep making up your own stats

I agree regarding RB, very disappointed we seem to undervalue the position so much that we didn’t even seem to think it was worthy to burn one of our early round picks on one.

However what about these picks:

2019: Michael Dieter (looks to have developed into A solid center), Andrew Van Ginkel, & Christian Wilkins who is a solid player.
2020: Tua, Hunt, Raekwon Davis!!!!,Brandon Jones -—-> still developing: Kindley & Austin Jackson grade incomplete on thes e last two players.
2021: Jevon Holland!!!!!(perenial pro bowler looks like), Jaylen Waddle looks as advertised, Eichenberg looks like he has serious potential, as does Jaelan Philips, and Hunter Long.

F seems like to harsh of a grade To me
I didn't give my own grade, I wouldn't say its great. I mean 2019, you're attributing Michael Dieter as a solid starter when the guy hasn't even started a season in the league? Christian Wilkins isn't a Dion Jordan bust, but he's for the most part a non-factor we drafted highly. Van Ginkel is good. 2020, I mean except for Raekwon Davis the jury is out on all these guys. And its laughable to judge 2021 when three of those guys didn't even play in the preseason yet.

You seem to be celebrating possibly marginal or "solid" players as wins, but when you traded an all pro safety and franchise left tackle, if you don't end up with star players in return its a fail.

People want to liken Grier's moves with the Cowboys trading Herschel Walker when they were rebuilding. Well, that move is lauded because with those picks the Cowboys drafted Emmitt Smith, a guy who is in the conversation for greatest RB ever, Darren Woodson, a 4-time All Pro, Kevin Smith, a one time all pro DB, and Russell Maryland, a one time all pro DT. Who are the all pros and franchise players we've gotten as a result of trading two potential franchise building blocks?

Top 10 defense in the bears with a very good pass rush...I'm still in no way happy about Jesse Davis starting but Flores at this point is experimenting with combinations of different olines....Eisenberg will prob start game 2 at rt I would think...play kindley and hunt at guards, deiter looked alright at center

Huh? Did the line get pushed around or not? You can’t get good QB play for a whole season no matter who your QB is when your line gets manhandled. That’s the point I’m trying to make. They did not look good to me and that’s concerning.
Guy is trying to be a troll. Just not good. Fake Marino fan

Back
Top Bottom