Zim’s Grades For The Game: Preseason Game 1 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Preseason Game 1

Practice the audible. LOL yeah do it on the goal line when we need to see how the OLine can get push and brown needs to punch it in. Yeah I rather see Tua not Audibling so we can see how the team around him does where he needs support the most
Imagine practicing audibling in preseason game #1. Can this dude be more causal?

Last edited by a moderator:
Practice the audible. LOL yeah do it on the goal line when we need to see how the OLine can get push and brown needs to punch it in. Yeah I rather see Tua not Audibling so we can see how the team around him does where he needs support the most. Yeah on a power package audible to a pass IN PRESEASON. Lmaooooooo.

yeah your a complete joke.
Imagine thinking its more important to practice an audible than it is for the run game to practice a short yardage situation, or for the coaching staff to be able to evaluate how the line and the backs handle a short yardage situation (poorly).

Imagine thinking its more important to practice an audible than it is for the run game to practice a short yardage situation, or for the coaching staff to be able to evaluate how the line and the backs handle a short yardage situation (poorly).
Not more important. Equally important. Two runs inside the five, you should know about running. If changing the play at the line was not a problem last year, then probably not an issue. However Tua admitted the problem...so you don't practice it now? And somehow in regular season will be all good?

Not more important. Equally important. Two runs inside the five, you should know about running. If changing the play at the line was not a problem last year, then probably not an issue. However Tua admitted the problem...so you don't practice it now? And somehow in regular season will be all good?
They are not equally important. Stop grasping for straws to criticize a QB's performance. We get it, you don't like him.

Yep, always someone else fault.
Huh? Did the line get pushed around or not? You can’t get good QB play for a whole season no matter who your QB is when your line gets manhandled. That’s the point I’m trying to make. They did not look good to me and that’s concerning.

You don’t show anything play wise in the preseason, criticizing play calling in a pre season game is like wiping before you poop. Makes no sense

You should stop posting lol.

Well….Football is back! That’s the good news….. The OL….That’s the bad news. These grades are based on the people who played in this game. Not on the potential of the guys that sat.

QB’s - B - : Tua looked VERY good behind a bad OL. The interception was a bad decision. Questioning his arm strength shows me you know nothing about football. Brisett looked good and had a great TD throw. Sinnet is PS material at best.

RB’s - C : Brown is slow and has limited vision in this game. Everyone else was as good as they could be behind what I consider a PUTRID OL.

TE’s - D + : Gesicki with a nice long catch. Other than that they were quiet. The run blocking from this group is a problem though.

WR’s - D : I didn’t see any separation from our receivers….. Just like last year. Tua had to fit throws in to tight windows. No throws to Waddle at all. Not an impressive game by any means by our receiving squad. We need to get guys healthy here.

OL - F - : Wow. This unit is just BAD. My thoughts right now are that this unit has regressed. We might actually be worse off than last year. Austin Jackson has shown ZERO improvement. That’s concerning. Jessie Davis should seriously consider retiring before he gets someone killed. I saw Kindly move a couple people….But he got worked in pass pro a few times. This is past the point of concerning. If you’re a Dolphin fan…. you should be scared right now.

DL - B - : The starters were good/great. Very nice effort here. I like Ledbetter. He flashed. Potentially a VERY good unit based on today. They dropped a letter grade because the 3rd stringers got no push and gave up some long runs.

LB’s - B - : Not a bad game at all. I’m looking for a big year out of Baker this year. I liked his game today. McKinney is a thumper.

DB’s - A - : Nik Needham played great. Noah made one play then got burned on another. BUT….At least he made a play. I actually see a little progress out of him. This is an ELITE unit in the NFL. Period.

ST’s - A : Waddle is fast. He’s gonna be dangerous. Jakeem Grant looked good. Sanders was perfect. Palardy is an upgrade over Haack. Good coverage today as well.

Coaching - B : It’s preseason.

GM/Front Office - F : I have been critical of Grier for a long time. What bothers me is that It’s turning out that it’s justified. As of this writing, Austin Jackson and Noah Igbo are wasted picks. That is really frustrating. The OL is, as of now, worse than last year. Malcolm Brown looks like a waste of money. Need I go on? Either we need to fire every one of our scouts, or we have to start thinking about replacing Grier. I know there are a lot of people that are going to say that I’m over-reacting. If that’s your take…..Tell me when it’s OK to call Grier out. I’ll be waiting.
A fair assessment in general. Up until the front office. Here’s what I would suggest to you:

List all of the players drafted in 2019, 2020, & 2021, and see how many were good vs how many either are inconclusive or look to have been bad picks. Then tell me what grade you would give the Front office. If you still think it’s an F, then so be it, if you want to put Brown, IGGY, & Jackson as the sole picks to grade the FO on, then I would ask you what about the good players that were drafted during the same period?

Are you sure you would give the FO an “F” For their drafting? Not to mention the accumulation of draft capital to have more swings at bat so to speak. Does that count for nothing?

Tua played great except for the interception. Yet every HOF QB has thrown an interception in the opposing team end zone, so it happens.

Perhaps the defense was loading the box because they were aware that the Dolphins were playing without their starting WR’s and they learned in the practice sessions that the OL can’t run block.

Tua is going to be a top 10 QB in 2021 and you are going to be miserable because he is going to be the Dolphins QB for the next decade or more. If I were you, I would accept reality or become a fan of the Texans or Packers since you obviously love their QB’s and would rather root for them than Tua.

I read many of your posts before so i know you are not a blind homer. So....

I hope you are right about the top 10. But today I don't see it.
Today, first two drives were 3 and out. I thought i was watching the Buff game again. His first two pass plays were awful. His first decent pass was the long pass to Gesicke, which was half second late or it will be a TD. Our D held their O in check. However against good team, there is no room to 'warm up'.

Well….Football is back! That’s the good news….. The OL….That’s the bad news. These grades are based on the people who played in this game. Not on the potential of the guys that sat.

QB’s - B - : Tua looked VERY good behind a bad OL. The interception was a bad decision. Questioning his arm strength shows me you know nothing about football. Brisett looked good and had a great TD throw. Sinnet is PS material at best.

RB’s - C : Brown is slow and has limited vision in this game. Everyone else was as good as they could be behind what I consider a PUTRID OL.

TE’s - D + : Gesicki with a nice long catch. Other than that they were quiet. The run blocking from this group is a problem though.

WR’s - D : I didn’t see any separation from our receivers….. Just like last year. Tua had to fit throws in to tight windows. No throws to Waddle at all. Not an impressive game by any means by our receiving squad. We need to get guys healthy here.

OL - F - : Wow. This unit is just BAD. My thoughts right now are that this unit has regressed. We might actually be worse off than last year. Austin Jackson has shown ZERO improvement. That’s concerning. Jessie Davis should seriously consider retiring before he gets someone killed. I saw Kindly move a couple people….But he got worked in pass pro a few times. This is past the point of concerning. If you’re a Dolphin fan…. you should be scared right now.

DL - B - : The starters were good/great. Very nice effort here. I like Ledbetter. He flashed. Potentially a VERY good unit based on today. They dropped a letter grade because the 3rd stringers got no push and gave up some long runs.

LB’s - B - : Not a bad game at all. I’m looking for a big year out of Baker this year. I liked his game today. McKinney is a thumper.

DB’s - A - : Nik Needham played great. Noah made one play then got burned on another. BUT….At least he made a play. I actually see a little progress out of him. This is an ELITE unit in the NFL. Period.

ST’s - A : Waddle is fast. He’s gonna be dangerous. Jakeem Grant looked good. Sanders was perfect. Palardy is an upgrade over Haack. Good coverage today as well.

Coaching - B : It’s preseason.

GM/Front Office - F : I have been critical of Grier for a long time. What bothers me is that It’s turning out that it’s justified. As of this writing, Austin Jackson and Noah Igbo are wasted picks. That is really frustrating. The OL is, as of now, worse than last year. Malcolm Brown looks like a waste of money. Need I go on? Either we need to fire every one of our scouts, or we have to start thinking about replacing Grier. I know there are a lot of people that are going to say that I’m over-reacting. If that’s your take…..Tell me when it’s OK to call Grier out. I’ll be waiting.
Was Smyth and Shaheen not blocking well? What about the 20 other TEs we have on the roster?

A reminder guys to not make it personal or your post will be edited or deleted

Back
Top Bottom