06' College QB Class | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

06' College QB Class

Boik14 said:
He was cuddled the 1st few games by a scheme which protected him and was extremely simplified similar to what NE did for Brady his 1st year.

No it was Bradys 2nd year. And that is a HUGE difference. Dont knock Ben for hitting a wall late in his rookie season or getting worked over by quality playoff defenses. Rivers is struggling, so there is no comparison. Eli is a wait and see prospect, but he looks like he is about to tun the corner.

unifiedtheory said:
I might be alone here but I don't like him all that much...his release point and footwork really bother me.

I like Leinart but he is too much of a golden boy for me...I'd like to see him get beat up a little and still hang in there.

I think judging the Q.B. pool right now is WAY to premature. Alex Smith was highly thought of last year but I defy anyone to tell me they thought he'd go #1 last year.

It will sort itself out in the end though. That being said, everything I've seen says this year is a weak class for Q.B.'s.
I agree about Jacobs. Very bad form, and I know that isn't everything (see Dan Marino), but his passes are very, very soft. He looks like a good HS QB that's in a passing system that favors short to intermediate routes requiring timing. No zip whatsoever on the ball. Not an NFL QB in my opinion.

Brodie Croyle from Bama, he looks really good.

FA
Pat Ramsey('Skins) that cannon arm would bea prefect fit in a vertical stretch offense.

Charlie Whitehurst and DJ Shockley are the two I'm interested in. If I'm not mistaken Kyle Wright would be a good one, but he has a few years left.

Mauler said:
Cleo Lemon > Philip Rivers.

2 years older, but is kicking Philips *** all over the place.
Lemon is probably making Rivers very expendable.

As far as college QBs... if looking for a non first round QB, Pinnegar looks to be a solid pro choice.
He isnt kicking Rivers butt at all. He's making it so the could justify trading Rivers and not worry like heck about back up qb but he hasnt been better than Rivers by any stretch.

Mauler said:
No it was Bradys 2nd year. And that is a HUGE difference. Dont knock Ben for hitting a wall late in his rookie season or getting worked over by quality playoff defenses. Rivers is struggling, so there is no comparison. Eli is a wait and see prospect, but he looks like he is about to tun the corner.
It was Brady's 2nd year but there's still a significant difference in a 6th rd prospect and the 11th overall pick. Actually what happened with Ben was that teams realized how much Pitt was simplifying the offense and became hip to what they were doing and better able to gameplan.

Rivers isnt really struggling at all. Lemon is playing well enough to justify dealing Rivers but hes not outplaying him.

Eli already turned a corner late last year vs Pitt and I believe Dallas was the last game. He played well. I agree he should be good.

Mauler said:
Cleo Lemon > Philip Rivers.

2 years older, but is kicking Philips *** all over the place.
Lemon is probably making Rivers very expendable.

As far as college QBs... if looking for a non first round QB, Pinnegar looks to be a solid pro choice.

:up:

Back
Top Bottom