06' College QB Class | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

06' College QB Class

Bigjbizzle2 said:
Bruce Gradkowski - Toledo. He broke all of Marino's hs records, and he has two great years and working on a third. he will be better then jacobs

Next year's Charlie Frye. I agree. I'm hoping we can get him with a second rounder or who knows maybe even a third. If we can do that we could go after Dbrickshaw or another monster LOT with our first. What a draft that would be!

I want, no, I need the Dolphins to get a QB with some mobility. So these are my big 3, in order from most wanted to least.
1. Omar Jacobs
2. Reggie McNeal
3. Vince Young

Bigjbizzle2 said:
Bruce Gradkowski - Toledo. He broke all of Marino's hs records, and he has two great years and working on a third. he will be better then jacobs

:refuse: :refuse:

I liked the receivers Jacobs had more than Jacobs. Will they be coming out next year?

adamprez2003 said:
I liked the receivers Jacobs had more than Jacobs. Will they be coming out next year?

12 and 1 steve sanders and charles sharon and seniors, the white kid partridge is a freshman.

I don't see how you can say you liked the recievers more than him, the game would have been won if Sharon caught that deep pass that Jacobs put in his lap and walked into the end zone, or didn't drop 2 or 3 orhter passes. Partridge also dropped a perfect deep pass and couldn't stay inbounds on another that was a beautiful pass deep. Sanders was money all day though, that guy has real NFL talent.

The guy threw 5 TD's and 1 pick on a little dinky 3rd down throwing the ball away type play that was a bad move but nothing too crazy. The guy impressed every writer and commentator in sports that day, he's first on a ESPN writers Heisman watch list, but somehow theres a few people here that are not impressed, I don't get it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/quickie
check heisman watch, right side of page

PassRush said:
Why worry about our position in the draft and taking a chance on an unproven quarterback? Especialy when Phillip Rivers is begging for a first round ticket to Miami
Yea, cuz Rivers is a seasoned veteran with loads of NFL playing experience. :rolleyes:

saves said:
12 and 1 steve sanders and charles sharon and seniors, the white kid partridge is a freshman.

I don't see how you can say you liked the recievers more than him, the game would have been won if Sharon caught that deep pass that Jacobs put in his lap and walked into the end zone, or didn't drop 2 or 3 orhter passes. Partridge also dropped a perfect deep pass and couldn't stay inbounds on another that was a beautiful pass deep. Sanders was money all day though, that guy has real NFL talent.

The guy threw 5 TD's and 1 pick on a little dinky 3rd down throwing the ball away type play that was a bad move but nothing too crazy. The guy impressed every writer and commentator in sports that day, he's first on a ESPN writers Heisman watch list, but somehow theres a few people here that are not impressed, I don't get it.

I didnt phrase that correctly. Jacobs has a great amount of raw talent no doubt. What I meant was that watching the first game I was somewhat critical about some of his passes that even though they were complete were just kinda thrown up. I thought the receivers did a great job fighting for the ball and made some incredible catches. By no way did i mean to imply that they would be drafted ahead of him. It was just that I knew about Jacobs and he did what I expected but I didnt know about the receivers and they impressed me alot. So it had more to do with expectations on my part

saves said:

It's like that on this forum sometimes, some people just don't get it..I mean 5tds probably could of been alot more and just one Int..That Mofo is Awsome..The next big QB in my opinion is Kyle Wright.. You heard it here first.

adamprez2003 said:
I didnt phrase that correctly. Jacobs has a great amount of raw talent no doubt. What I meant was that watching the first game I was somewhat critical about some of his passes that even though they were complete were just kinda thrown up. I thought the receivers did a great job fighting for the ball and made some incredible catches. By no way did i mean to imply that they would be drafted ahead of him. It was just that I knew about Jacobs and he did what I expected but I didnt know about the receivers and they impressed me alot. So it had more to do with expectations on my part

I know his recievers won't be drafted before him, I wasn't implying that.

I know what you mean about the thrown up passes, but they were the correct read at the time. Wisconson would send the house and there would be single coverage on his recievers, what can you do but get the ball up there knowing the coverage is favorable. They've came down with it time and time again. He has made spectacular deep throws when he has needed to, and as the season unfolds you should be seeing more of it on sportcenters top 10:)

aqua vita81 said:
Phil Rivers For 2007 1st round

I love how people doubt these prospects and start lauding guys like Phillip Rivers, Alex Smith, and David Carr.

What's their similarities?

THEY ALL CAME ALMOST OUT OF NOWHERE....

Rivers was a 3/4th rounder before the season started, Alex Smith a 3rd rounder, and David Carr probably a late 2nd.

Jacobs would probably be a 1st rounder today, so don't doubt him. Prospects improve immensely from the beginning of their last season to draft day.

Phillip Rivers hasn't even shown that much this pre-season for the Chargers. He's not as incredible as some think. I laughed when the Chargers took him over Roethlisberger, who has quite a bit better physical skills.

Bigjbizzle2 said:
YES!!!! Bigdizzle, i have been singing this guys praise for the last 2 years and I'm not even a Toledo fan, i just think he is the next product of thr MAC Pocket Passers. He just reminds me of Roethlisberger, Pennington, and Leftwich. A true gamer, very accurate, smart, and gutsy.

Back
Top Bottom