06' College QB Class | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

06' College QB Class

PhinsPhan said:
Carr is no where close.

Consider that he just like Joey Harrington have improved in every major statistical category each year since entering the league. They are just learning how to win and play in the NFL and this will be the year where the top off and either break out or just become solid starters.
But in today's NFL you dont have five years to wait for a guy to mature. This is what scares me about Losman. We have the Defense, we have the running game, we have the ST's now we need a QB. Our Defense is not getting any younger and we are running out of time. I dont think we can afford to wait around for three years.

unifiedtheory said:
I might be alone here but I don't like him all that much...his release point and footwork really bother me.

I like Leinart but he is too much of a golden boy for me...I'd like to see him get beat up a little and still hang in there.

I think judging the Q.B. pool right now is WAY to premature. Alex Smith was highly thought of last year but I defy anyone to tell me they thought he'd go #1 last year.

It will sort itself out in the end though. That being said, everything I've seen says this year is a weak class for Q.B.'s.
jacobs needs a ton of work. everything about his mechanics scream typical pass-heavy college QB to me. aside from his size, there's nothing too special about him

one of the guys like alex smith this year (relatively unknown now, could be a first rounder at draft time) looks like jay davis of nc state to me. he's got great mechanics and footwork and makes great passes. he did "well" against vatech's defense last night, although he still needs work. and he's 6'2, so that's a bit of a problem...still, i suggest people pay attention to thim

Another vote for Reggie McNeal. That performance defeating an excellent Oklahoma team as a redshirt freshman still jumps out at me. Awesome touch and accuracy on deep balls in that game, keeping A&M ahead even as OU matched scores in the second half. Then the program fell apart until Franchione arrived. As I've posted many times, I prioritize early brilliance to the max. The late blomers can head elsewhere. They are flawed and limited by definition and it's still amazing that teams fall for their phony gig at the combine and wherever. McNeal has very good accuracy, and variety of pace and loft, for someone who also has great footspeed and running ability.

kastofsna120 said:
jacobs needs a ton of work. everything about his mechanics scream typical pass-heavy college QB to me. aside from his size, there's nothing too special about him

The difference that he has is his accuracy and carefulness with the ball. He does not turn it over like a Timmy Chang for instance, and he has 10x the accuracy. What else do you wanna see from the guy? We know his release is a problem, but thats fixable, I hate hearing that as a critisism still. When there was first talk of him last year thats the fault I pointed out and its still a fault, but its not something that will keep a team from drafting him.

I do not know his name, and he may not even be that good, but I saw the Maryland QB play......big, strong arm, stayed in the pocket making throws even when he knew he was going to get hit.

I only saw several plays by the guy, but he stood in there and took a beating. He scrambled a few times for decent yardage for a pocket QB. Made some really nice throws in the heat of everything. Again, don't know his name, but he looked good for those few plays that I saw him.

Awsi Dooger said:
Another vote for Reggie McNeal. That performance defeating an excellent Oklahoma team as a redshirt freshman still jumps out at me. Awesome touch and accuracy on deep balls in that game, keeping A&M ahead even as OU matched scores in the second half. Then the program fell apart until Franchione arrived. As I've posted many times, I prioritize early brilliance to the max. The late blomers can head elsewhere. They are flawed and limited by definition and it's still amazing that teams fall for their phony gig at the combine and wherever. McNeal has very good accuracy, and variety of pace and loft, for someone who also has great footspeed and running ability.
No one questions his ability to make plans in the air like they do with Vince Young. My prediction is, he'll be a sleeper or an instant star.

Tyler Palko. And since hes playing for Wanny this year, his numbers might not be so great- so he might fall into the second round.

Why worry about our position in the draft and taking a chance on an unproven quarterback? Especialy when Phillip Rivers is begging for a first round ticket to Miami

gr8slayer said:
Well I can completely understand him staying in college for one more year. He has a great shot at doing something that hasnt been done since 56. Win three strait national titles and the guy is living like a king at USC. **** I would do it.

Dude no joke, that guy has one of the sweetest gigs in the world. 99% of the people here would do the same exact thing given the opportunity.

PassRush said:
Why worry about our position in the draft and taking a chance on an unproven quarterback? Especialy when Phillip Rivers is begging for a first round ticket to Miami
Does anyone find the irony in this statement?

I think Matt Leinart is awesome.. there is something about him, Brady-esque IMHO.

Jay Cutler and Tylar Palko are another couple of guys. Drew Tate could come out.

Back
Top Bottom