06' College QB Class | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

06' College QB Class

unifiedtheory said:
I might be alone here but I don't like him all that much...his release point and footwork really bother me.

I like Leinart but he is too much of a golden boy for me...I'd like to see him get beat up a little and still hang in there.

I think judging the Q.B. pool right now is WAY to premature. Alex Smith was highly thought of last year but I defy anyone to tell me they thought he'd go #1 last year.

It will sort itself out in the end though. That being said, everything I've seen says this year is a weak class for Q.B.'s.

Yeah, watching Jacobs on Saturday, I noticed the delivery thing you're talking about. But that is something than can be worked on and corrected. The guy does have some talent.

unifiedtheory said:
No thanks....we have enough running backs.
I agree on both counts. Im just throwing names out there. You might be able to snag Reggie McNeal in the second though. Wouldnt hurt.

That's not such a big issue, considering that Rivers, Carr, and others have been very high picks with their delivery issues.

Jaj said:
That's not such a big issue, considering that Rivers, Carr, and others have been very high picks with their delivery issues.
And Carr might end up being in the same catagory as guys like Ryan Leaf and Akili Smith soon.

gr8slayer said:
I agree on both counts. Im just throwing names out there. You might be able to snag Reggie McNeal in the second though. Wouldnt hurt.

reggie mcneal is a sleeper imo. he could play his way into the top 10.

gr8slayer said:
And Carr might end up being in the same catagory as guys like Ryan Leaf and Akili Smith soon.

He better not...he's my Q.B. on my fantasy keeper league team. I drafted him 3 years ago.:tongue:

gr8slayer said:

Oh dear God, his rating last year was a 85 or so. Leaf and Smith couldn't dream of that...

I would like to see what Vince Young looks like at the end of the season. He will have a real test next week against Ohio State. Matt Leinart is overrated in my opinion. Almost any quarterback would look good throwing and receiving blocks from those athletes he has. Omar Jacobs is a good college quarterback, but his delivery point is a weakness. Also, he is constantly in the shotgun playing pitch and catch. That will not cut it in the pros. To make a long story short, I don't see any very impressive college quarterbacks, but it has only been one week.

Jaj said:
Oh dear God, his rating last year was a 85 or so. Leaf and Smith couldn't dream of that...
Just pointing out that he has not lived up to his number one over all pick at all.

gr8slayer said:
Just pointing out that he has not lived up to his number one over all pick at all.

I'd certainly agree.. :cool:

unifiedtheory said:
He better not...he's my Q.B. on my fantasy keeper league team. I drafted him 3 years ago.:tongue:
I drafted him last year and it ended up costing me big time. BTW I drafted Ronnie Brown as my number three RB, his *** better step it up and do better than he has in the preseason.

gr8slayer said:

Sans Leaf the common trend there is Tedford quarterbacks. Aka Harrington Feeley Rodgers and the list goes on. I would think that would have more of a say of their success in the pros than their delievery.

How bout Brad Smith anyone. Heisman hopeful as a junior, only to have a changed coaching style really limit his amount to make plays. This year their back to putting the ball in his hands and he is poised to put up very good numbers. Rocket arm, rocket legs, and a good head on his shoulders.

Back
Top Bottom