06' College QB Class | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

06' College QB Class

Uh and don't forget Darrell Hackney. If you have ESPN gameplan, go watch the final quarter of saturdays game. That kid can throw bombs.

saves said:
Sans Leaf the common trend there is Tedford quarterbacks. Aka Harrington Feeley Rodgers and the list goes on. I would think that would have more of a say of their success in the pros than their delievery.
The reason I dont hype up rookies is because of guys like that. What they do in college means absolutely nothing once you are in the league. That includes Ronnie Brown and ANY Buffalo Bill.

Mr. Day said:
I would like to see what Vince Young looks like at the end of the season. He will have a real test next week against Ohio State. Matt Leinart is overrated in my opinion. Almost any quarterback would look good throwing and receiving blocks from those athletes he has. Omar Jacobs is a good college quarterback, but his delivery point is a weakness. Also, he is constantly in the shotgun playing pitch and catch. That will not cut it in the pros. To make a long story short, I don't see any very impressive college quarterbacks, but it has only been one week.

OSU-Texas next week will tell alot for Young, OSU's Defense is SICK.

Leinart, I agree, he dosn't wow me either. But boy does Reggie Bush.

Jacobs, Pitch and catch from the shotgun? How about dismantaling a defense with pinpoint throws off great reads. Yea, sounds more like what he does.

FinsNCanes said:
What's special about Matt Leinart? I watched the USC game and even I could throw to those receivers seeing how wide open they are.

He does have a good pump fake but i do agree with you i believe stevie Wonder could get the ball to the wide open wr's on every play

gr8slayer said:
God please dont draft another RB>

I don't want him, but watching USC hes the superstar that you see, not Matt Ballroom dancing.

saves said:
I don't want him, but watching USC hes the superstar that you see, not Matt Ballroom dancing.
If there is any rookie in 2006 I would get excited about it would be Bush. You are right.

saves said:

Seriously how can anyone worried about maturity and ambition not be scared ****less when the best QB in college stays behind for ballroom dancing 101 and a championship he's already won.

Paul Pinegar - Fresno St.

You know what other QB looked really sharp this past weekend, Shokely from Georgia. I'm not sure on his class or anything, but he was throwing darts all over the field and has great legs.

touborg said:
Seriously how can anyone worried about maturity and ambition not be scared ****less when the best QB in college stays behind for ballroom dancing 101 and a championship he's already won.
Well I can completely understand him staying in college for one more year. He has a great shot at doing something that hasnt been done since 56. Win three strait national titles and the guy is living like a king at USC. **** I would do it.

saves said:
You know what other QB looked really sharp this past weekend, Shokely from Georgia. I'm not sure on his class or anything, but he was throwing darts all over the field and has great legs.
Yeah he was kind of the talk of the town wasnt he.

Im still loving the fact that TCU beat OU.

gr8slayer said:
And Carr might end up being in the same catagory as guys like Ryan Leaf and Akili Smith soon.

Carr is no where close.

Consider that he just like Joey Harrington have improved in every major statistical category each year since entering the league. They are just learning how to win and play in the NFL and this will be the year where the top off and either break out or just become solid starters.

gr8slayer said:
Yeah he was kind of the talk of the town wasnt he.

Im still loving the fact that TCU beat OU.

Wasn't it great having like 5 differnt games on TV without having the gameday package, I didn't leave my couch all day.

Back
Top Bottom