'08 West Virginia Mountaineers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

'08 West Virginia Mountaineers

Bumpus

Looks at bottle ... *sigh*
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Ahhh...

Another season is upon us. But who were those masked men throwing the ball all over the place?:lol:

Pat White looks like a whole new man!

Lets go.....

How often do you get to see a mid-major team completely dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides of the field? The new Pat White saw the pocket collapse every play as those two monsters in the middle destroyed his line. That was fun to watch.

The mountaineers blow. Im so sick of this ****.

Im a mounties fan that gets hated on by other mountie fans, like my friends, because for about the last two years I told them that Rodriquez blows. I never trusted the guy and didnt like his game management skills. I argued that his record was inflated and that he was basically a little below .500 vs. legit teams. I also hated his offensive system, although it is effective on the college level. Especially against garbage teams like the mounties played regularly.... Anyway, the guy was obviously a great recruiter and had a good eye for the type of talent needed to run his system. I also hated the whole defensive system with that 3-3-5 garbage.

Well, when he tried to leave for Alabama I was the lone guy praying he would just leave and thats when the hating began and I was labeled a mountie hater even though Ive been a fan since I was a kid. I grew up on the mounties.

As it turns out I was right all along. The guy never shouldve been trusted once he showed he would leave if he could. We shouldve let him go to Bama and gotten Saban and we would be ready to win back to back national titles in 2 years. Nevertheless, we didnt.....MISTAKE #1

But, the next mistake was HUGE. Here we were. Going to the fiesta bowl and whipping OU's *** out there. We couldve gotten alot of interests from some great coaching talent to take over. We couldve taken in a top notch coach and went with a whole new system and started over....only on the elite level and not where we are going to be set back now.....

BUT, INSTEAD the athletic directors decided to get drunk because of ONE BIG WIN over OU and make a STUPID hire by giving the job to this Stewart moron. Total boob. This is worse than when the phins hired Cam. So basically, they wanted to keep Rodriguez's system in place, even though we lost almost all of our defensive players, and almost all the good offensive ones, and run his system without him. Just a STUPID MOVE.

Now we are stuck in a spot where we probably lose 4 or 5 games this year, and if we fire Stewart(which we should), our pool of coaches to pick from WILL NOT BE on the ELITE LEVEL like it couldve been last season. Just stupid. This move set us back 10 years.

Now we are stuck being mediocre again. We shouldve picked up right where Rich left us off(a top level program) and hired an elite coach when we had the chance. (Or even better....Saban by letting Rich go to Bama a couple years ago).

This wouldve been the perfect year to start over anyway. Most of the defensive guys are new and White was really the only great player we had. Honestly, Im not so sure he is all that great now. We shouldve moved on completely instead of trying to be like Rich without actually having him here. Just STUPID. A drunkin hire.

Stewart is a total boob. Yea, if we wouldve scrapped it and ran a whole new system we wouldnt have been all that good this year, but if we had hired an elite coach when we had the chance, we couldve gotten back sooner than later. As it turns out we arent going to be any good this year anyway. What a bunch of boobs.

How often do you get to see a mid-major team completely dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides of the field? The new Pat White saw the pocket collapse every play as those two monsters in the middle destroyed his line. That was fun to watch.

They are making a case of joining a BCS conference.

I wouldn't call ECU a mid-major. Conf-USA isn't a mid-major conference by any means.

NON-BCS ok, not a mid-major

They are making a case of joining a BCS conference.

they are trying to buy their way into the Big East, right now the Big East isn't interested in adding teams.

Ahhh...

Another season is upon us. But who were those masked men throwing the ball all over the place?:lol:

They were playing Villanova dude. I get sick of hearing how Pat White can throw so well.....BS. If Pat White could throw so well, then how come when we have the ball at our own 20 with 50 seconds left in the half, and we are down 2 TDs, we are calling QB draws???? If he could really throw it we call passes and try at least to get in FG range. Pat White has a strong arm, but he cant truly PASS the football well.

And Im getting sick of everytime we play a good team at some point in the game he is always limpin around.

they are trying to buy their way into the Big East, right now the Big East isn't interested in adding teams.

It should be. The big east blows in football. If it werent for the U and FSU struggling right now the big east would be the worst of the BCS conferences. But, as for now its clearly the ACC.

The mountaineers blow. Im so sick of this ****.

Im a mounties fan that gets hated on by other mountie fans, like my friends, because for about the last two years I told them that Rodriquez blows. I never trusted the guy and didnt like his game management skills. I argued that his record was inflated and that he was basically a little below .500 vs. legit teams. I also hated his offensive system, although it is effective on the college level. Especially against garbage teams like the mounties played regularly.... Anyway, the guy was obviously a great recruiter and had a good eye for the type of talent needed to run his system. I also hated the whole defensive system with that 3-3-5 garbage.

Well, when he tried to leave for Alabama I was the lone guy praying he would just leave and thats when the hating began and I was labeled a mountie hater even though Ive been a fan since I was a kid. I grew up on the mounties.

As it turns out I was right all along. The guy never shouldve been trusted once he showed he would leave if he could. We shouldve let him go to Bama and gotten Saban and we would be ready to win back to back national titles in 2 years. Nevertheless, we didnt.....MISTAKE #1

But, the next mistake was HUGE. Here we were. Going to the fiesta bowl and whipping OU's *** out there. We couldve gotten alot of interests from some great coaching talent to take over. We couldve taken in a top notch coach and went with a whole new system and started over....only on the elite level and not where we are going to be set back now.....

BUT, INSTEAD the athletic directors decided to get drunk because of ONE BIG WIN over OU and make a STUPID hire by giving the job to this Stewart moron. Total boob. This is worse than when the phins hired Cam. So basically, they wanted to keep Rodriguez's system in place, even though we lost almost all of our defensive players, and almost all the good offensive ones, and run his system without him. Just a STUPID MOVE.

Now we are stuck in a spot where we probably lose 4 or 5 games this year, and if we fire Stewart(which we should), our pool of coaches to pick from WILL NOT BE on the ELITE LEVEL like it couldve been last season. Just stupid. This move set us back 10 years.

Now we are stuck being mediocre again. We shouldve picked up right where Rich left us off(a top level program) and hired an elite coach when we had the chance. (Or even better....Saban by letting Rich go to Bama a couple years ago).

This wouldve been the perfect year to start over anyway. Most of the defensive guys are new and White was really the only great player we had. Honestly, Im not so sure he is all that great now. We shouldve moved on completely instead of trying to be like Rich without actually having him here. Just STUPID. A drunkin hire.

Stewart is a total boob. Yea, if we wouldve scrapped it and ran a whole new system we wouldnt have been all that good this year, but if we had hired an elite coach when we had the chance, we couldve gotten back sooner than later. As it turns out we arent going to be any good this year anyway. What a bunch of boobs.

As a Michigan fan I'll say I'm very happy we got Rich Rod, not because of what he did at WVU, but what he's done so far for Michigan football. The record won't be great because we are very young on offense (and our QBs suck, though I'll hold out hope for Threet). Rich Rod is helping Michigan a lot in recruiting as top guys who would normally never consider Michigan are now putting us in their final lists (though that has a lot to do with Barwis,Schafer, and Hopson).

Point being, despite a lot of WVU fans (not here) going on smear campaigns, I always supported WVU cause my cousins went there. They were pissed when Stewart was hired and saw it for what it was; an emotional hire. Stewart had no success at VMI, and he's made the team soft. I hear so much how the players like Stewart more because he doesn't yell like RichRod and his staff (though if you can't take a little yelling and cursing you shouldn't be an athlete IMO).

Point being, Stewart will hurt WVU more than he'll help. He's got a great staff with him for recruiting, but coaching might be another story (this rant goes to you to Charlie Wise and Dave Wanny)

Ouch guys, while U of L is down WVU has got to take care of business. The Big East is looking bad this year. UConn barely beat Temple today. Agh, another year of hearing "let's take their BCS bid away" again.:rolleyes2:

And everyone saying that will continue to ignore the ACC's hibitual mediocrity.

It should be. The big east blows in football. If it werent for the U and FSU struggling right now the big east would be the worst of the BCS conferences. But, as for now its clearly the ACC.

but adding more teams like ECU or so won't improve the conference for football. Not a big TV market, won't be a major player, and will get lost in the shuffle with the Cincy's, L'vile's of the world. Middle of the pack.

Ouch guys, while U of L is down WVU has got to take care of business. The Big East is looking bad this year. UConn barely beat Temple today. Agh, another year of hearing "let's take their BCS bid away" again.:rolleyes2:

And everyone saying that will continue to ignore the ACC's hibitual mediocrity.

the taking away the BCS bid has stopped. You got the Hawaii's, Utah's, and the other minor conferences of the world on the verge of getting INTO the BCS on a regular basis if some courts rule one way or another down the road. No way any team will lose a BCS bid. Besides WVU has proved put them up against Oklahoma or Georgia on a neutral field in a BCS bowl and they fair just fine and lay a whooping to both. Every conference has their ups and downs. Hell the Big 10 is awful this year as an example

Mr. Bandwagon fan, please go away!

Back
Top Bottom