1 rd qb's........Locker, Luck, Mallet, Newton | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1 rd qb's........Locker, Luck, Mallet, Newton

rutgers11

Rookie
Reaction score
I hope they are not all gone by the time we pick 15 or so.................. I think any of them would be a upgrade...........

Luck will be gone.....Newton is intriguing. Hes a much better passer than either Vick or Young were at this point (much better). If hes there when we pick who knows. Reminds me a lot of Josh Freeman. You would have to do some major research on his background tho. Honestly outside signing maybe an olb this FA period, all draft picks should be Offense. Guard help, TE, Fast WRs, QB (Newton). QB in the first or 2nd (if we trade down and someone we like is there), TE in the third, Oline/WR/RB rest of the way. ......this is what happens when you disregard skill positions for years

I don't know what this team needs. But drafting a Quarterback in the first round is definitely something i'm scared of. Especially with this class.

None of these QB's jump out at me as franchise type players. But all of them would be upgrades to Henne. Which is kinda sad.

I wouldn't be suprised if all 4 QB's will be gone after 10 picks. Maybe even sooner.

I would love for us to draft Cam Newton. We can run some type of Wildcat offense with him at QB. I don't think we have to run the Wildcat every play, but with Newton's speed and Ronnie helping him out we would give opposing defenses nightmares. I also think Newton has a better arm than people think. He is an accurate passer and rarely throws picks. I love Newton's swagger and confidence.

Of the aforemenioned QBs, I find only Luck to be an upgrade over Henne (Though Locker has intrigued me at times, but not enough to spend a 1st rd pick on him). The rest imo are a waste of a 1st rd pick.

I think we should draft some kind of offensive playmaker with our 1st rd pick and give Henne a new OC (preferably Norv Turner if he gets canned).

I don't know what this team needs. But drafting a Quarterback in the first round is definitely something i'm scared of. Especially with this class.

We have to. We have no choice. What we have now isn't working.

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

None of these QB's jump out at me as franchise type players. But all of them would be upgrades to Henne. Which is kinda sad.

Are you kidding? Luck is definitely a franchise QB.

Back
Top Bottom