1 rd qb's........Locker, Luck, Mallet, Newton | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1 rd qb's........Locker, Luck, Mallet, Newton

That is a concern, that it took him three years to really 'get it'. But there's also no denying that the guy that we're seeing right now has good size, quick feet, a feel for the pocket, the ability to read the field thoroughly, throw accurate passes, look off defenders, get ideal trajectory on the vertical, and show absolute mastery of every facet of a truly pro style offense, including audibles at the line, protection calls, motion, formation shifts, etc. And he's doing this without Hakeem Nicks, without Brandon Tate, and without the guys he THOUGHT he'd be going to war with this year Zach Pianalto, Greg Little and Johnny White.

And with, as Simon recently put it, the second-worst offensive lineman he's graded all season, Mike Ingersoll at Right Tackle.

No question... Yates is a more mentally polished, NFL ready version of Aaron Brooks... that guy had a pretty good run for a few years in the NFL... Yates grades out similar to Brooks for me, 4th-5th rounder...

Almost identical builds too...

Johnny White is going to test fairly well... I think he's going to be drafted..

No question... Yates is a more mentally polished, NFL ready version of Aaron Brooks... that guy had a pretty good run for a few years in the NFL... Yates grades out similar to Brooks for me, 4th-5th rounder...

Almost identical builds too...

Johnny White is going to test fairly well... I think he's going to be drafted..

I agree I also like Johnny White. Some decent backs in this class depending on which guys declare.

If we can't get luck I think we need to trade down and possibably get a qb in round 2 because I am afraid of all those in round one except luck

We have been getting Qb's in the 2nd. Beck, Henne, White. One is a career back up, one is out of the NFL and the other other doesn't know wether he wants to be good or keep making bonehead mistakes that will eventually make him fall in Beck's career path. If we're going to get a franchise QB next year it will take a big trade or we get lucky (not that they fall to us, but that they will be what we want) with Locker or Mallett. Anything after that is a crap shoot.

Do you think Moore will come out?
He will be good.. Matt Ryan is someone I would compare him too

Like i said if we play like we are playing then we will have top 10 pick. Can you read the future? Do you know what our record will be? How do you know that we will be .500? I guess we dont have to watch the rest of the season because kdawg says we will be 8-8.

The truth is we could be 6-10 or all the way up to 10-6. IF WE PLAY LIKE WE DID THIS WEEK WE WILL BE CLOSER TO THE 6-10. I hope that is not the case but that reality.

Sorry we couldn't make 6-10 happen for you . . . good luck next time and thanks for playing.

Back
Top Bottom