#1 Threat to the Miami Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

#1 Threat to the Miami Dolphins

timmash44

Active Roster
Reaction score
A wise man once said the media is the true enemy of the people. We see the media build up a player, just so they can tear them down to glorify their demise. We see writers try and create rifts with players to personnel just to get a reaction from the fans. The one to create the storm, can control the winds and the rain. In the end if you can control the narrative of a individuals story, you can have a strong grip of how they react to certain situations. I believe the media and our beat writers and even many fans are having negative effects on our current players. The best way to expose wickedness is being truthful and honest and call them out for who they truly are. For an example look at Kwame Brown this dude has been called a bust his entire career. In the end he "MADE IT". To be a professional athlete and to make millions to set his family up for future generations. People dream of getting a small taste of his success. Now you see the consequences of how wicked people treated him his entire career. I applaud Dan Marino for praising Tua. Tua has been through a lot in his career. Some really impressing accolades, but to hear our fans and beat writers bash him for clicks and ratings is truly a horrible thing to see. I understand the logic of being hard on someone to get the best out them. The whole 'baptism by fire'. Throw them in the deep end to see if they are going to sink or swim. In the end you have to build up their spirit. Then when you allow the Holy Spirit to take over, the foundation built on the rock is a firm foundation and can't be moved. In the end, Tua already made it and its best to let haters hate. #TuaProphesy

"I bleed aqua and orange". -T. Mash

Last edited:
The media is on the other side of the FO and they appear to want the FO to pay

Last edited:
I believe in Tua. I also believe he needs development...

The Media have a job to do... Sell advertising!!!

As for the fans - we live in a time where our gratification needs to be instant, our opinions cannot be challenged and our minds cannot be changed.

We are, after all, fanatics!.

"The media" is something that all of us enjoy very much. We read the blogs, check out the industry sites, read the local columnists... these are all "the media", and they greatly enhance our enjoyment of the NFL.

I'm not sure why all of this is ignored when someone disagrees with a columnist or an opinion piece. Heck, the very reason we are having this fun argument is because Joe Schmoe wrote that piece that pissed you off.

Themselves. Chris Grier. Is there a right or wrong answer?

Last edited:

As for the fans - we live in a time where our gratification needs to be instant, our opinions cannot be challenged and our minds cannot be changed.

Regarding your opinion on fans…you do far too much generalizing for me!

I know myself and many others on this site that have been here through years of ineptitude post Shula, that have been more than patient with QB’s and this organization as a whole.

I also know the realities of current era football have changed many aspects of expectations.

For example, unlike previous eras…college football is running pro style offenses, so QB’s do not need as much grooming as previous eras. Also the salary cap changes the organizations willingness to waste years on a 1st round pick QB…produce or get replaced.

I also think regarding the fans that you can’t erase the red flags surrounding a prospect, Nor should you exaggerate the accomplishments.

Tua was far from a perfect prospect physically, came with red flags injury wise…and while he did come in in relief as a freshman and won a big game…failed and made critical mistakes in the two biggest games of his sophomore and junior years.

We all want Tua to succeed this year…it’s on him to produce and excuses be dammed!

I don't mind the dolphins media. The media and fans have plenty of reasons to be salty about the team. Hell, I've have more kids than the Dolphins have made the playoffs in the past 20 years.

Winning cures all. It's been only 2 seasons of pointing up and the national perception of the team is shifting. Same can be said of the Bills who are getting respect around the league.

A wise man once said the media is the true enemy of the people. We see the media build up a player, just so they can tear them down to glorify their demise. We see writers try and create rifts with players to personnel just to get a reaction from the fans. The one to create the storm, can control the winds and the rain. In the end if you can control the narrative of a individuals story, you can have a strong grip of how they react to certain situations. I believe the media and our beat writers and even many fans are having negative effects on our current players. The best way to expose wickedness is being truthful and honest and call them out for who they truly are. For an example look at Kwame Brown this dude has been called a bust his entire career. In the end he "MADE IT". To be a professional athlete and to make millions to set his family up for future generations. People dream of getting a small taste of his success. Now you see the consequences of how wicked people treated him his entire career. I applaud Dan Marino for praising Tua. Tua has been through a lot in his career. Some really impressing accolades, but to hear our fans and beat writers bash him for clicks and ratings is truly a horrible thing to see. I understand the logic of being hard on someone to get the best out them. The whole 'baptism by fire'. Throw them in the deep end to see if they are going to sink or swim. In the end you have to build up their spirit. Then when you allow the Holy Spirit to take over, the foundation built on the rock is a firm foundation and can't be moved. In the end, Tua already made it and its best to let haters hate. #TuaProphesy

Stopped reading after your first sentence...straight to ignore

I agree. Very well said.

"The media" is something that all of us enjoy very much. We read the blogs, check out the industry sites, read the local columnists... these are all "the media", and they greatly enhance our enjoyment of the NFL.

I'm not sure why all of this is ignored when someone disagrees with a columnist or an opinion piece. Heck, the very reason we are having this fun argument is because Joe Schmoe wrote that piece that pissed you off.
35B7E18A-4020-46ED-AC2A-9E7536214FE1.png

How about we're just not that good. That's the threat. High expectations. I'm looking at 9-8 at best with these QBs.

Yes I put my money where my mouth is online. Hoping I'm wrong. I'm usually not.

They should trade X, Tua, and SFs 2023#1 for Rogers or Watson. Throw in one other player, anyone else except Phillips, Waddle, Jackson, Eichenberg, Hunt.

How about we're just not that good. That's the threat. High expectations. I'm looking at 9-8 at best with these QBs.

Yes I put my money where my mouth is online. Hoping I'm wrong. I'm usually not.

They should trade X, Tua, and SFs 2023#1 for Rogers or Watson. Throw in one other player, anyone else except Phillips, Waddle, Jackson, Eichenberg, Hunt.
:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom