#1 Threat to the Miami Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

#1 Threat to the Miami Dolphins

A wise man once said the media is the true enemy of the people. We see the media build up a player, just so they can tear them down to glorify their demise. We see writers try and create rifts with players to personnel just to get a reaction from the fans. The one to create the storm, can control the winds and the rain. In the end if you can control the narrative of a individuals story, you can have a strong grip of how they react to certain situations. I believe the media and our beat writers and even many fans are having negative effects on our current players. The best way to expose wickedness is being truthful and honest and call them out for who they truly are. For an example look at Kwame Brown this dude has been called a bust his entire career. In the end he "MADE IT". To be a professional athlete and to make millions to set his family up for future generations. People dream of getting a small taste of his success. Now you see the consequences of how wicked people treated him his entire career. I applaud Dan Marino for praising Tua. Tua has been through a lot in his career. Some really impressing accolades, but to hear our fans and beat writers bash him for clicks and ratings is truly a horrible thing to see. I understand the logic of being hard on someone to get the best out them. The whole 'baptism by fire'. Throw them in the deep end to see if they are going to sink or swim. In the end you have to build up their spirit. Then when you allow the Holy Spirit to take over, the foundation built on the rock is a firm foundation and can't be moved. In the end, Tua already made it and its best to let haters hate. #TuaProphesy

"I bleed aqua and orange". -T. Mash
No body who views the media as the true enemy of the people is a wise man. The fact is that man is merely an idiot and wants to silence the media so he can control the narrative.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the #1 threat is the cadre of fans on this board who refer to Tua, Grier, Flores, Parker, Howard et al. with phrases like:
  • "I need to see"
  • "They will be judged on"
  • "I've seen all I need to see"
  • "They need to show me"
  • "If they don't do this, they're gone."
  • "He's out the door"
  • "I guarantee you"
  • "I'm done with...."
I mean, if the players and coaches don't behave as these message board folks dictate, who knows what could happen! The team could implode, be sold off for spare parts, and.... Oh, wait. Never mind. I forgot that these folks and this sort of chest-thumping have absolutely no effect whatsoever on the Miami Dolphins.

Carry on.

No body who views the media as the true enemy of the people is a wise man. The fact is that man is merely an idiot and merely wants to silence the media so he can control the narrative.

...and anyone who suggests the media doesn't have their own agenda that may or may not be in line with unbiased reporting simply isn't paying attention.

A wise man once said the media is the true enemy of the people.
I haven’t heard any wise men say that. I have heard corrupt men and tyrants say it.

As it relates to the Dolphins, it does not appear to me you have a good read on this organization.

In 2019, when the common narrative was “Miami is tanking for Tua“ that didn’t stop Miami from winning 5 of their last 9 games.

In 2020, when most in the media were saying Miami was still a couple of years away from contending, Miami was in the playoff hunt the final week of the season having 10 wins.

Flores and Grier have put a structured and disciplined system in place. We saw this week how Miami keeps things being closed doors. Within a day of Baker saying there haven’t been talks on contract extensions, he is signed to a contract extension.

Highly unlikely players that are dependent upon media approval for how they play will be around long.

Tua is clear on his priorities, the 3 F’s…Faith, Family, and Football.

Just listened to the podcast/video of Tua’s trainer he worked with for 4 months this off-season and he addressed a question about the negativity toward Tua and his response was that Tua doesn’t spend his time on social media listening to that stuff.

One of the things I like about Tua is he knows where he has power and where he doesn’t. He focuses his energy on that which he does have power which is hard work and effort toward maximizing his potential of being the Dolphins QB.

Regardless of how Tua’s football career unfolds, his character will stand the test of time.

Last edited:
This is hilarious for so many sad reasons. You don’t realize you’re the butt of the original joke, bud.

imagine thinking OMAR and ARMANDO have some sort of crazy conspiracy to control the Miami Dolphins players lol

these guys don’t even really listen to the media. No offense but clear as day you’re a nut sitting in a living room for days on end versus someone with any experience with any type of nfl player coach athlete agent… anything. You act like they tremble at the media lmao

If the media is that much of a problem for a team, they have the wrong coach at the very least. Right I'm now convinced we don't.
Heh? So, the media is always right and if they have an issue it validates their thoughts on the HC? Please tell me you don't believe that.

...and anyone who suggests the media doesn't have their own agenda that may or may not be in line with unbiased reporting simply isn't paying attention.
Obviously there is a bias in the media, just as every single person alive has his or her own bias. Yet a free press is what separates democracy from all the dictatorships around the world. Give me a press with bias over a press who only reports what the government allows them to report any day of the week.

"The media" is something that all of us enjoy very much. We read the blogs, check out the industry sites, read the local columnists... these are all "the media", and they greatly enhance our enjoyment of the NFL.

I'm not sure why all of this is ignored when someone disagrees with a columnist or an opinion piece. Heck, the very reason we are having this fun argument is because Joe Schmoe wrote that piece that pissed you off.
screw the media.....lol

Heh? So, the media is always right and if they have an issue it validates their thoughts on the HC? Please tell me you don't believe that.
Certainly not saying the media is always right, I'm saying it shouldn't matter. The decisions made and play on the field should come down to the players and coaches. The media has and will be around and doing their thing as long as the NFL is in business for profit, and the fans have an appetite for content beyond the actual games. And I certainly do. I want to know more about the team I'm rooting for, helps build a vested interest.

bees GIF

Miami Dolphins players have threatened to beat up Omar after he writes dumb hit pieces

Back
Top Bottom