10 Targets in Round 1 (Plus a Wildcard) | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

10 Targets in Round 1 (Plus a Wildcard)

Still think we could use another playmaker on offense. End of the first round is a perfect time to grab a A true seam and red zone threat at tight end. O.J Howard or David Njoku would be big time. Tight end is the arguably the strength of this draft, take advantage of it early and get you a plug in play major contributor.

With Ajayi's emergence, the play action opportunities would be endless.

I want the Hurricanes TE in round 1. He's not projected to go in the first round one now (he currently has an early second round grade), but athletic freaks at key positions tend to rise up the boards especially after the workouts. Remember Keith Jackson? It's been that long since we've had that type of athlete at TE.

T.J. Watt just declared. That IS an interesting addition.

If you want to know about Carl Lawson just watch when he faced Laremy Tunsil. Nobody gave Tunsil issues. Not even Myles Garrett. Lawson beat the hell out of him.

How would you feel about Lawson in R1 and Watt is R2? I know Lawson has been injury prone so maybe he drops to R2?

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

I want the Hurricanes TE in round 1. He's not projected to go in the first round one now (he currently has an early second round grade), but athletic freaks at key positions tend to rise up the boards especially after the workouts. Remember Keith Jackson? It's been that long since we've had that type of athlete at TE.

Keith Jackson now that's a name I haven't hear for awhile. When Miami first signed him, the Dolphins looked like they had closed the gap with Buffalo. How about OJ Howard?

If Miami wants T.J. Watt I think they'd have to go round 2. I've read comparisons to Bill Romanowski for Watt, which I think is pretty good.

I think the Dolphins should double up on linebackers. Beckwith, with his injury, could be a 3rd or 4th rounder.

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

How do you view Lawson's fit in Miami?

I disagree if they want Watt they are going to have to select him in the first round. If he shows up at the combine as expected he won't be there in the 2nd.

There's a pretty good chance he'll be there and for sure the Dolphins will have their eye on him particularly because the role in the defense he plays in translates so well to what they'd want him to be in Miami.

What role? He seems like an OLB to me.

Still think we could use another playmaker on offense. End of the first round is a perfect time to grab a A true seam and red zone threat at tight end. O.J Howard or David Njoku would be big time. Tight end is the arguably the strength of this draft, take advantage of it early and get you a plug in play major contributor.

With Ajayi's emergence, the play action opportunities would be endless.

Hard to pass up Howard, but if Cunningham is sitting there you take him IMO

What do you guys think of letting Earl Mitchell walk and drafting Solomon Thomas? Solly still looks like a baby but he's already a monster. Imagine after 5 years of hard work in the NFL.

What do you guys think of letting Earl Mitchell walk and drafting Solomon Thomas? Solly still looks like a baby but he's already a monster. Imagine after 5 years of hard work in the NFL.

Thomas would be a DE that kicks inside on passing downs for Miami.

Is Mitchell in danger of being cut? He is so ho hum and I have to imagine next to Suh there should be more production. $4mill for Mitchell. IDK if worth it...4.5 salary. Only 500k hit it cut.

That's why I look at Solomon Thomas as interesting. Would be a perfect fit for our 4-3 wide.

It's hard having so many needs. We really need to knock it out of the park in rounds 2 and 3.

I agree with MP on cutting Mitchell. Not sure about the Thomas kid- haven't seen him play much.
Was thinking someone along the lines of Snacks Harrison- biggest reason for the Giants improvement on Def - to put along side of our best player.

Seeing as we only have a 1st and 2nd round pick and then don't pick again until the 5th, I would not be oopposed to trading back into the late 1st or early 2nd in order to get more picks. This is assuming guys like Foster and Cunningham are gone by the time we pick. In that case, it would be smart to trade back a few picks and get a DE which is really deep in this draft. There are some guys I see that are late 1st early second which could help us... I have seen Tim Williams dropping in a few mocks due to off the field issues, and then there is TJ Watt who looks really energetic and athletic enough to cover TE's. Even OJ Howard and Njoki, who might not be defensive players, but we do need a TE. So we have plenty of options, but it all depends on how things play out. I would even be as crazy to say to trade up to get Foster, but we're already slim on draft picks as it is.

Seeing as we only have a 1st and 2nd round pick and then don't pick again until the 5th, I would not be oopposed to trading back into the late 1st or early 2nd in order to get more picks. This is assuming guys like Foster and Cunningham are gone by the time we pick. In that case, it would be smart to trade back a few picks and get a DE which is really deep in this draft. There are some guys I see that are late 1st early second which could help us... I have seen Tim Williams dropping in a few mocks due to off the field issues, and then there is TJ Watt who looks really energetic and athletic enough to cover TE's. Even OJ Howard and Njoki, who might not be defensive players, but we do need a TE. So we have plenty of options, but it all depends on how things play out. I would even be as crazy to say to trade up to get Foster, but we're already slim on draft picks as it is.

I don´t think the Phins will get the opportunity to draft neither both O.J. Howard nor Reuben Foster. I suppose Zach Cunningham to be the first round pick for Miami - if he´s still available - and would target the Clemsons TE, Jordan Leggett, as Miamis 2nd round pick. Maybe the combine has something interesting about T.J. Watt or Kendall Beckwith, who suffered injures this year. If he hadn´t had those, he would surely be a first rounder. All other needs of the roster will deal with free agents, especially Defense.

Back
Top Bottom