10 Targets in Round 1 (Plus a Wildcard) | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

10 Targets in Round 1 (Plus a Wildcard)

Seeing as we only have a 1st and 2nd round pick and then don't pick again until the 5th, I would not be oopposed to trading back into the late 1st or early 2nd in order to get more picks. This is assuming guys like Foster and Cunningham are gone by the time we pick. In that case, it would be smart to trade back a few picks and get a DE which is really deep in this draft. There are some guys I see that are late 1st early second which could help us... I have seen Tim Williams dropping in a few mocks due to off the field issues, and then there is TJ Watt who looks really energetic and athletic enough to cover TE's. Even OJ Howard and Njoki, who might not be defensive players, but we do need a TE. So we have plenty of options, but it all depends on how things play out. I would even be as crazy to say to trade up to get Foster, but we're already slim on draft picks as it is.
Well we do have a comp 3rd and 4th.. or should

If there is a player we really like I wouldn't be shocked to see a trade up. My dream scenario is lb in the first and the center (could play guard or center for us) from Ohio state in the second which is probably just wishful thinking

Well we do have a comp 3rd and 4th.. or should

If there is a player we really like I wouldn't be shocked to see a trade up. My dream scenario is lb in the first and the center (could play guard or center for us) from Ohio state in the second which is probably just wishful thinking
You would think so, but it would not surprise me if they said we had no comp picks.

Mathews gets us a pick?

http://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

This says a 3rd and 5th but it is incorrect.

The reason is because the Dolphins actually cut Sam Young during final cuts. They didn't sign him back to the team until over a month later. That disqualifies him from the possibility of figuring into the compensatory formulas.

So the Dolphins lost five players: Olivier Vernon, Lamar Miller, Rishard Matthews, Derrick Shelby, and Kelvin Sheppard (who by the way started all year for the Giants). They gained two players that qualify: Isa Abdul-Quddus and Andre Branch.

Therefore we should expect three picks. And I believe the way the cancellations work is that acquisitions cancel out losses from the bottom-up. So that should result in us getting a 5th round pick for Rishard Matthews.

CK: Does Mario Williams hurt our comp pics? If not, I would expect a 3rd and 4th....

Back
Top Bottom