14 points that separate the Dolphins from elite teams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

14 points that separate the Dolphins from elite teams

I gotta make a point about that 2nd incompletion to open the game. That was NOT a bad throw by Jay. Rather, Chambers simply got taken out of the play by the CB in press coverage. Chambers ran a fade route, heading towards the sidelines at the snap. And the CB made good contact, not letting Chambers go by him.....running stride for stride and effectively pinning Chambers to the inside of him, against the sideline.

Excellent press coverage by the CB. Just like how Surtain and Madison do it. Even with that, Chambers still got a hand on it. Twas the only place Fiedler could throw it.

LOL ......

1 deep throw that resulted in incomplete pass doesn't determine how successful the deep pass will be this year.Like every one pointed out is not a high percentage throw and the Fins only attempted one.Is all about timing and Fiedler being able to play through most of training camp and preseason will certianly help the cause unlike last season.

fiedler

Rookie poster here, just want to say website rocks.Very impressive. I'm fairly new to the world so bare with me with
mistakes.
I'm really concerned about are O line depth.These are the guys
who win and lose games. I think Fiedler will get his timing down.
I have high hopes for this year, whats new i say that every year

I lay those 4 losses in 20002 @ the feet of one ray puke us

Hey finfan. The Dolphins are going to lose games this year and we will all be bitter and criticize. I think yesterdays performance by the first team was pretty good. But those two mistakes is what has held us back when we play the Green Bays, Jets, Bills,

We are so deep this year I can't imagine us not winning the SB period. I want that brovado all the Raiders, Bucks, fans have just knowing our team is better than any other team. I want everyone to know that we are absolutely going to dominate them. The Miami Dolphins will not be stop this year. We are going to be the "Greatest Show On Grass."

Originally posted by Sherif
Fiedler made Chambers alter his route with the throw and Chambers stumbled.

The only major mistake Fiedler made was overthrowing an open Chris Chambers on a long pass that should have resulted in another touchdown.

"I was hoping to get that deep one to Chris, but that's one we've just got to keep working on," said Fiedler, who reported no problems with his back after the game. "Overall, I thought I played pretty well. I was comfortable out there. I think the best thing is that we were able to sustain a drive and get the ball in the end zone."

What Fiedler should have said was, I should have got that ball to Chambers. Has anyone else noticed that he's the least critical person about his play and never takes ownership of a mistake. Chambers had zero catches in the game. Fletcher dropped a int for a TD 15 yards from the Jax Goal line. These are the 14 points that separates the Dolhpins from elite teams. Dropped Ints, Lack of a long game, and lack of dicipline (penalties). This is the same Dolphin team of the past Decade IMO. Before you say the first team didn't have any penalties let me point out that Wade Smith had a couple of hands to the face that were ignored. We are Good enough to make the playoffs, not good enough to rise above without the help of alot of luck which they never get. We simply cant miss wide open receivers for a TD and drop sure INTs. :yell:

Do we have to do this every other month?

Fiedler is our starter, you would think by now most ppl would have time to adjust to this FACT.

Oliver...

We didn't even gameplan! I guarantee once the season starts we play nothing like this. The coaches will gameplan, the starters will be in at all times, and will be going all out.

Re: Re: 14 points that separate the Dolphins from elite teams

Originally posted by Oliver

Do we have to do this every other month?

Fiedler is our starter, you would think by now most ppl would have time to adjust to this FACT.

Oliver...

Agreed Oliver... I can't see how Griese would have fared better on that play... in fact, with Brian in, that play may not have been called. He still has a lot of catching up to do regarding the playbook.

Originally posted by bryan allen
I lay those 4 losses in 20002 @ the feet of one ray puke us

Ray will be around in the year 20,002??? NOOOOOO!!!!!!

I should have known that nervous, robot, Back Up Quarterbacks who love to cough up the ball will takeover the earth by that time.

Originally posted by Muck
I gotta make a point about that 2nd incompletion to open the game. That was NOT a bad throw by Jay. Rather, Chambers simply got taken out of the play by the CB in press coverage. Chambers ran a fade route, heading towards the sidelines at the snap. And the CB made good contact, not letting Chambers go by him.....running stride for stride and effectively pinning Chambers to the inside of him, against the sideline.

Excellent press coverage by the CB. Just like how Surtain and Madison do it. Even with that, Chambers still got a hand on it. Twas the only place Fiedler could throw it.

It was an overthrow by fielder. If it were another quarterback in the league he would have hit chambers likely. Chambers got past the corner and made some separation.

Originally posted by Prime Time
We didn't even gameplan! I guarantee once the season starts we play nothing like this. The coaches will gameplan, the starters will be in at all times, and will be going all out.

So they coaches just sit down and don't do nothing? They design a gameplay against any team even in pre-season. Miami will face some of these opponents in the season and they can track down on some things that they took notes off during the pre-season. This isn't a scrimmage, 4 quarters are played in pre-season in nfl regulations.

They dont gameplan at all.

They say "run this" and you run it..

Even in the Bills game Drew said "Yeah, its hard to come out here with no gameplan and kinda wing it".

Hey Sherif - I agree that Jay doesn't always take credit for bad play as he should. And, I also see your point about not hitting the big play or making the big INT that keeps us from being at the top.

But, Jay is a guy who's game is about "confidence." He did, last year, take some blame and stand up for it. I appreciated that. Nevertheless, a lot of athletes have their way of motivating themselves. Some guys do so by being very self-critical (Mark Dixon is the best in the world at this). Others know that if they get too self-critical, they lose confidence and perform worse - you don't want a shaky QB without confidence. But, I understand how it gets frustrating with his comments.

I also think pre-season is way premature for some of this - as others have noted. One of the things that happens to teams is they get a momentum going during the season. It happened to Tennessee last year, even though we were definitely a better team, imo. I honestly believe that had Jay and the WR's not gone down last year, we would have not only had a much better record, but we would have gained momentum, continuity and been a much better team last year. I think those big plays come from one main thing: BELIEF. When a team gets on a roll (and Football is the biggest momentum sport in the world), things start to happen. Players expect to make plays and they do. That's what this team needs and has lacked. If they get on a 5, 6, 7 game roll in mid season, I think it will carry over. They just need to stay healthy and get on a roll. If they do that and finish with the top 1-2 records in the AFC, I think they'll finish the job. I know that's a big if.

Originally posted by juniorseau55

It was an overthrow by fielder. If it were another quarterback in the league he would have hit chambers likely. Chambers got past the corner and made some separation.

That's not the play I'm referring to. Go back and read the quote to which you're replying to. The "2ND INCOMPLETION TO OPEN THE GAME".

Originally posted by juniorseau55
So they coaches just sit down and don't do nothing? They design a gameplay against any team even in pre-season. Miami will face some of these opponents in the season and they can track down on some things that they took notes off during the pre-season. This isn't a scrimmage, 4 quarters are played in pre-season in nfl regulations.

Um, no. They don't gameplan at all. Just as Xo said, they just send in a play and you run it. The only one you gameplan for (typically) is the 3rd preseason game. And even that is not a full gameplan.

Obviously this varies from team to team. But nobody[/u] puts together a full gameplan for every preseason game. That is an absolute truth.

Re: fiedler

Originally posted by urbanski
Rookie poster here, just want to say website rocks.Very impressive. I'm fairly new to the world so bare with me with
mistakes.
I'm really concerned about are O line depth.These are the guys
who win and lose games. I think Fiedler will get his timing down.
I have high hopes for this year, whats new i say that every year

:welcome: to Finheaven. Thank you for the kind words. Hopefully we'll see you around here some more. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me or any other member of the staff. :)

Back
Top Bottom