14 points that separate the Dolphins from elite teams | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

14 points that separate the Dolphins from elite teams

Originally posted by Sherif
I was hoping to get that deep one to Chris, but that's one we've just got to keep working on

Isn't that admitting he DIDN'T get the ball to Chambers???

Or do you bother to read what you quote???

Originally posted by Sherif
"I was hoping to get that deep one to Chris, but that's one we've just got to keep working on," said Fiedler, who reported no problems with his back after the game.

Why don't we all go to training camp this week and watch for ourselves if Jay and Chris are really "working on it"?

GO FINS!

Re: Re: 14 points that separate the Dolphins from elite teams

Originally posted by T-ROCK

Isn't that admitting he DIDN'T get the ball to Chambers???

Or do you bother to read what you quote???

Obviously you don't read period. What's he supposed to say I wasn't hoping to get that the ball to Chambers. I simply stated he should take ownership and claim he should have got that ball to a wide open receiver not simply he hoped to which points the finger at it possibly being Chabers fault. :rolleyes:

And for those that argued it's just pre season what the eff does that mean? Because it's pre season he didn't really try his best to make the pass. Or because it's pre season Fletcher didn't really try to make that pic. Just remember those 14 points when the regular season starts so when the Dolphins lose a few games you won't be as frustrated. With a alot of work and a little luck maybe they'll roll to the Championship game or the SB. They've got as good a shot as any right now.

Obviously I do read, but I also comprehend...

"I was hoping to get that deep one to Chris, but that's one we've just got to keep working on"

I take that to mean that he didn't get it to Chambers... I was hoping to get that deep one to Chris and I was hoping Chris would get to that deep one... See the difference??? What do you want him to do, make a public apology for not completing a pass???

As for being frustrated, you're ALREADY frustrated, and we're 2 weeks into the preseason... I can only imagine how bad you'll be my midseason and, God forbid, we've lost ONE game...

Originally posted by Da 'Fins
Hey Sherif - I agree that Jay doesn't always take credit for bad play as he should. And, I also see your point about not hitting the big play or making the big INT that keeps us from being at the top.

But, Jay is a guy who's game is about "confidence." He did, last year, take some blame and stand up for it. I appreciated that. Nevertheless, a lot of athletes have their way of motivating themselves. Some guys do so by being very self-critical (Mark Dixon is the best in the world at this). Others know that if they get too self-critical, they lose confidence and perform worse - you don't want a shaky QB without confidence. But, I understand how it gets frustrating with his comments.

I also think pre-season is way premature for some of this - as others have noted. One of the things that happens to teams is they get a momentum going during the season. It happened to Tennessee last year, even though we were definitely a better team, imo. I honestly believe that had Jay and the WR's not gone down last year, we would have not only had a much better record, but we would have gained momentum, continuity and been a much better team last year. I think those big plays come from one main thing: BELIEF. When a team gets on a roll (and Football is the biggest momentum sport in the world), things start to happen. Players expect to make plays and they do. That's what this team needs and has lacked. If they get on a 5, 6, 7 game roll in mid season, I think it will carry over. They just need to stay healthy and get on a roll. If they do that and finish with the top 1-2 records in the AFC, I think they'll finish the job. I know that's a big if.

Da Fins, I posted the previous post before reading your post. We both used the word roll so I'm 100% in agreement with you on both counts getting on a roll and Jay's interviews. I believe as you said Jay's handling of himself and what he says is for his confidence. I didn't think of that but it makes alot of sense and very insightful. Good post

Originally posted by juniorseau55

So they coaches just sit down and don't do nothing? They design a gameplay against any team even in pre-season. Miami will face some of these opponents in the season and they can track down on some things that they took notes off during the pre-season. This isn't a scrimmage, 4 quarters are played in pre-season in nfl regulations.

Actually yes, they dont gameplan. What they do is pick out some plays they want to run to see what the young unproven players can do. As it is widely known, teams dont gameplan and make adjustments untill preseason game 3. In game three the starters play into the 3rd so they can make halftime adjustments. The other 3 preseason games are 95% for player evaluation. Most starters dont even play in the 4th game.

Back
Top Bottom